Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

Bradley Johnson - What is the Point?

I am becoming increasingly frustrated by the presence of Bradley Johnson in a Norwich shirt. I really struggle to see what he actually brings to the team. He can''t pass, weak in the tackle, makes stupid decisions and is continually inept positionally.

He was deployed in a role played well by Tettey yesterday but was absolutely crap in comparison.

If we are to play the same way in the future how about asking Bassong to play the Tettey role? He has underperformed I. Central defence recently but has shown in the last that he has the skill and strength to play higher up the pitch. What do you think?

It''s unfortunate that Tettey is injured again. For all the talk about the vaunted but elusive No. 10, signing another Tettey is surely a must in January? Or at least an upgrade on Bradley Johnson. I do see Johnson''s good points where many don''t but one of his strengths is ability in the air which makes yesterday''s first goal even harder to take.

I''d suggest less poncing about on Soccer AM and practice passing the ball five yards to the blokes wearing the same colour shirts would be a useful start

Yesterday was a truly diabolical performance and once again being sat in such an elevated position you are afforded at Newcastle you get a view that Calderwood''s iPad could benefit from.

His movement was poor, his positional play was the same, his first touch looked like a shot and he can''t pass water.

Apart from that he had a really good game.

Given that we''re losing wingers by the game, an alternative and once familiar formation presents itself does it not? It also involves 2 strikers so probably won''t happen.

Can you guess what it is yet...?

[quote user="a1canary"]Given that we''re losing wingers by the game, an alternative and once familiar formation presents itself does it not? It also involves 2 strikers so probably won''t happen.

Can you guess what it is yet...?[/quote]Never gonna happen.

People see what they want to see I guess. The Sunday Times gave him 7 out of 10. Personally I thought Russell Martin deserved a 4 yesterday but even he got a 6.

I was at game yesterday and agree wholeheartedly on comments ''re Johnson. Although Ruddy spilled the header for their second it all started with Johnson getting turned inside out by shola Ameobi twenty yards inside their half. I have seen milk turn quicker. As for the holding midfield role he was supposed to be playing the fact Ameobi dropped deep time and time again to freely pick up the ball with no pressure shows how well Johnson did....or not as case was. As for Martin.....one of his worst games in City shirt and actually looked knackered just after half time.Turner gave ball away far too much. Was so frustrating to watch as Newcastle weren''t exactly brilliant and with more belief and attacking intent we could have got a result. Was really baffled at timing of last two subs. Should have had Johnson off at half time he was so bad dropped fer or showdown deeper and play Hoolahan behind Hooper

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Ricardo You know better than to believe what the papers say! Snake [:)][/quote]

Ricardo needs to have a long hard look at himself[8-|]

The Times won''t help him shed the image of a clueless happy clapper.

He needs to man up and read the Mail. Apparently they gave Johnson 1 for turning up and Hughton -5.

Bradley has been a decent player for the club however he has reached his ceiling and needs to be replaced by a better player. This is true for several players in our squad which is why it will take several windows to achieve. Hence why for all the talk about upper table finishes mere survival is more important.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="snake-eyes"]Ricardo You know better than to believe what the papers say! Snake [:)][/quote]

Ricardo needs to have a long hard look at himself[8-|]

The Times won''t help him shed the image of a clueless happy clapper.

He needs to man up and read the Mail. Apparently they gave Johnson 1 for turning up and Hughton -5.

[/quote]I didn''t realise that Reggie was a sports journalist![:)]

He scored a goal at Bolton that may have kept us in the Premiership 2011/12 scored a goal against Stoke 2012/2103 that may have kept us in the Premiership what short memories you lot have tell me within the current squad who Chris Hughton could have picked yesterday in his position. We do not have a divine right to be where we are we have to earn it every point we get will be hard get real the manager has to do what he thinks is right could you lot do it i doubt it very much and will somebody tell who could do the job better that is available please dont say Malky Mckay

I said when Tettey got injured that with Jonno struggling for form I''d like to see Whittaker given the opportunity to play there.

I''d still like to see that.