Sign in to follow this  
SYG

Mark Bunn...

When he is back and fit, I''d like to see him given a go between the sticks this season.

Certainly didn''t let us down when called upon last season, and has that fight and desire about him that maybe we are missing

Quite agree. Bunn''s only problem is that he is slightly too small.

Ruddy has all the attributes, but something has gone badly wrong this season.

Distribution isn''t good enough for me and to short to command penalty area. Stick with Ruddy he''ll perform again IMO, Bunn is a good shot stopper though and a very capable no 2.

Looking at some of the goals we''ve been letting in, a good shot stopper is needed

Bunn is too short. Championship keeper at best. We missed Ruddy badly last season. Hes not quite the same this year. Maybe the injury is playing on his mind or had his head turned in summer and not focused. One thing is for sure he is our best keeper and one of best players. We cant drop him for any prolonged period. Hes also often let down and exposed by those in front of him

Bunn has more passion - something we need badly at the moment - and made fewer mistakes last season that Ruddy has this season, so I''d give Ruddy a "rest" until he''s ready to reclaim the shirt.

I though Bunn did really well last season, really well, kept us in a few games and had a real positive attitutude. But, I certainly wouldnt drop Ruddy....would bring Seb back though, even if he is not at the level he was last season!

To say he was average is a bit unfair, didnt make any mistakes his problem was he was a tad bit small. Did very well in many games, i can remember southampton at home he was quality. A better No2 than the likes of Brad Jones at Liverpool. But Ruddy is a top top keeper and he will come good again. First dodgy spell since the first couple of months after we signed him.

You very obviously didn''t see any of the games he played in !!

ruddy has not offered anything more since he returned ......unfortunately ..... Bunn is recovering from an operation on his ankle ...we have to stick with Ruddy ...who like some other senior players of late , have been seriously letting us all down .

[quote user="GJP"]Bunn was just so very average last season - overrated.[/quote]

I think if we''d have had Bunn in goal all of last season we''d have probably been relegated. Some people won''t like hearing that but I think he was weaker and made more mistakes than people have opened their eyes to.

One day people will realise that there is one hell of a lot more to goalkeeping that shot stopping!

Yes Ruddy hasn''t been at his best but his command of his area, defensive organisation and distribution leave him well in front of a good back up keeper.

I didn''t think stopping the shots was Ruddy''s problem ..... just getting it safely away or holding it seems the problem!