Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Easter

No more Chances

[quote user="ricardo"]I doubt the board has even considered changing managers. Should we have a bad patch between now and Christmas it might become a topic they wish to consider but those baying for blood in the near future are likely to be disappointed.A manager will live and die by the results and teams like NCFC that are close to the relegation mire will always have a question mark hanging over the managers head.Some people on this forum seem intent on making it a contest between the "Pantwetters" and the "Happy Clappers" and every week the board fills with one or the other depending on the result. Personally speaking it matters little to me as I see as many problems in sticking as there are in twisting.The results will be the decider and what will be will be.[/quote]

It depends what is meant by "considered" but - no matter what the public line is on Tuesday - I would be very surprised indeed if the issue has not been thought about by the directors and discussed, even if very informally.We are effectively a third of the way through the season and are way short of achieving the stated goal of a top-ten finish. Even if you don''t take that seriously (and I never did) our current points per game total means we are plainly in danger of relegation. Which (only one year into the mega-three-year TV deal) would have serious financial implications even if we do have relegation clauses in the wage contracts that would cushion the blow from a loss of revenue.Far from it being unlikely that the directors have discussed this, they would be remiss if they haven''t.

Absolutely, Purple. Anyone who seriously thinks that thie Board has not been concerned by our form, and has been considering the manager''s position is totally in cloud-cuckooland. I know it''s not fashionable or considered good form to talk money, but dropping out of the PL would be an absolute financial disaster for a club like Norwich, and I believe that there are enough people at CR with their heads screwed on to play fast and loose with it.

Ricardo is revisiting that hoary old chestnut of there being no guarantees that a change of manager will bring about an improvement. Self evidently, that is true, so it''s not even worth wasting yet more column inches upon.

Please don''t patrinise me Reggie. You asked me how many times Hughton''s team had come back from behind to gain a draw. But you knew that.

And that''s a fine example of making the board out to be clueless. Because if Hughton hasn''t been able to lift the players out of adversity for 16 months then continuing with that same manager would make the board clueless.

Just the same as if every substitution Hughton made or didn''t make for 16 months was clueless then surely the board are clueless for putting up with it.

Why do you think the board have been unable to see what seems so obvious to those clued up posters on here?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Please don''t patrinise me Reggie. You asked me how many times Hughton''s team had come back from behind to gain a draw. But you knew that.

And that''s a fine example of making the board out to be clueless. Because if Hughton hasn''t been able to lift the players out of adversity for 16 months then continuing with that same manager would make the board clueless.

Just the same as if every substitution Hughton made or didn''t make for 16 months was clueless then surely the board are clueless for putting up with it.

Why do you think the board have been unable to see what seems so obvious to those clued up posters on here?

[/quote]

Patronise the posters on here all you wish to Nutty but the Board has made mistakes in the past and i see nothing to suggest that Hughton wasnt another mistake. Sticking with Worthy for too long, Peter Grant, Roeder, Gunny were all disasters.Infact one might argue that Paul Lambert aside, their appointments after Worthy have been awful.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Absolutely, Purple. Anyone who seriously thinks that thie Board has not been concerned by our form, and has been considering the manager''s position is totally in cloud-cuckooland. I know it''s not fashionable or considered good form to talk money, but dropping out of the PL would be an absolute financial disaster for a club like Norwich, and I believe that there are enough people at CR with their heads screwed on to play fast and loose with it.

Ricardo is revisiting that hoary old chestnut of there being no guarantees that a change of manager will bring about an improvement.
Self evidently, that is true, so it''s not even worth wasting yet more column inches upon.[/quote]But no less true for all that.I detect no urgency from the board to be shot of Hughton. Now, whether that is a good or bad thing is arguable and perhaps someone might bring it up at the AGM, or not as the case may be.A bad loss to Palace could be a catalyst but failing that I think we will stumble on just above the danger zone. As I said earlier, it''s all going to be decided by the results. The quality of the football might not be good enough for some but then you always have the option not to attend.I suspect CH will still be here at Xmas.

I fail to see where I''ve patronised you, Nigel. I''ve admitted that I never saw the information you posted. And apologised for overlooking it. If you are not prepared to accept my apology with good grace, in the spirit it''s intended then , frankly it doesn''t reflect well on you. We have our opposing views on the best way forward for NCFC, but civility cost nothing.

Still not sure why the board is clueless in your eyes. They appointed a manager and have given him by anyone''s standards a fair crack of the whip. Most of us feel that it''s not worked out.

But, as Ricardo rightly points out, it''s now down to the board. But I certainly don''t see them as clueless. Ricardo may be right, and they may choose to stick with CH . Who knows ?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Patronise the posters on here all you wish to Nutty but the Board has made mistakes in the past and i see nothing to suggest that Hughton wasnt another mistake.

Sticking with Worthy for too long, Peter Grant, Roeder, Gunny were all disasters.

Infact one might argue that Paul Lambert aside, their appointments after Worthy have been awful.
[/quote]

This post is definitely worth one of Wiz''s triples![Y][Y][Y]

Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah

At last someone recognises that IF Hughton''s been clueless for all this time and IF he was in fact a mistake then the board have been clueless for putting up with it for sooo long. Especially because it has been so obvious to so many on here.

Take a bow son, and have another[Y]

Huzzah

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I fail to see where I''ve patronised you, Nigel. I''ve admitted that I never saw the information you posted. And apologised for overlooking it. If you are not prepared to accept my apology with good grace, in the spirit it''s intended then , frankly it doesn''t reflect well on you. We have our opposing views on the best way forward for NCFC, but civility cost nothing. Still not sure why the board is clueless in your eyes. They appointed a manager and have given him by anyone''s standards a fair crack of the whip. Most of us feel that it''s not worked out. But, as Ricardo rightly points out, it''s now down to the board. But I certainly don''t see them as clueless. Ricardo may be right, and they may choose to stick with CH . Who knows ?[/quote]

You didn''t overlook it Reggie. You ignored it. As you do everything that doesn''t fit your narrow POV.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]At last someone recognises that IF Hughton''s been clueless for all this time and IF he was in fact a mistake then the board have been clueless for putting up with it for sooo long. Especially because it has been so obvious to so many on here.[/quote]That''s it then.......SACK THE BOARD!! [:@] [:@] [:@]

OK then Nige. Have it your way. If you want to continue to be rude, bitter and , above all, inaccurate, then that''s your problem. I''d respectfully suggest (as many others have done) that it''s YOU that have the narrow POV.

After being away for a couple of weeks I was hoping to return to the forum and debate matters in a civil way with people like you. But clearly it''s not on your agenda, is it ?

I don''t know what more I can do other than apologise for my failure to respond to your research.

Sorry, but I really do not have time or inclination to organise and run a hate campaign of "ignorance".

Personally I don''t care how nice Hughton is, how many injury''s the team has or how unlucky we''ve been etc

The bottom line is under him we don''t score goals and we don''t keep goals out. HE''S NOT GOOD ENOUGH, SIMPLE.

Nevermind the fact we play slow negative boring football, the players always look so wound up and always seem to be arguing with each other probably out of frustration, we''re the joke of the league by what gutless push overs we''ve become.

I''m seriously sick to death of how negative the club has become under Hughton! He has got to go before the Palace game!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]OK then Nige. Have it your way. If you want to continue to be rude, bitter and , above all, inaccurate, then that''s your problem. I''d respectfully suggest (as many others have done) that it''s YOU that have the narrow POV. After being away for a couple of weeks I was hoping to return to the forum and debate matters in a civil way with people like you. But clearly it''s not on your agenda, is it ? I don''t know what more I can do other than apologise for my failure to respond to your research. Sorry, but I really do not have time or inclination to organise and run a hate campaign of "ignorance".[/quote]

Many others? Who are they Reggie?

Perhaps you could enlarge on why you and these many others consider my views to be narrow? I will do that for you Reggie. I believe many of your views on here to be narrow because they never consider the what other clubs achieve. As with the points gained from losing positions. Hughton''s record in that last season was pretty much average for a bottom half team. His record of one away win this season is pretty much average for a bottom half team. If you expect him to out-perform his rivals then you should say so. Otherwise your views will continue to appear narrow to those who take an interest in the league as a whole.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I fail to see where I''ve patronised you, Nigel. I''ve admitted that I never saw the information you posted. And apologised for overlooking it. If you are not prepared to accept my apology with good grace, in the spirit it''s intended then , frankly it doesn''t reflect well on you. We have our opposing views on the best way forward for NCFC, but civility cost nothing. Still not sure why the board is clueless in your eyes. They appointed a manager and have given him by anyone''s standards a fair crack of the whip. Most of us feel that it''s not worked out. But, as Ricardo rightly points out, it''s now down to the board. But I certainly don''t see them as clueless. Ricardo may be right, and they may choose to stick with CH . Who knows ?[/quote]

You didn''t overlook it Reggie. You ignored it. As you do everything that doesn''t fit your narrow POV.

[/quote]

This is beyond irony.

To a certain extent Nige, you are quite right. It''s true, . I take a passing interest in what other teams do, but, really my one true love is Norwich City . Actually, I''m not all that bothered about stats from other sides. If you class that as" narrow", well, guilty as charged m''lud. But I''ll wager I''m by no means the only one on this forum who is !

And yes, as a NCFC fan, I DO rather want them to out perform their rivals. Shock horror...I admit that I like to see my team winning football matches.

So, ultimately, what concerns me is not whether Cardiff, Hull, Villa , Palace or whoever ar above or below average for comebacks from a goal down. More whether City are winning and whether they are getting enough points on the board to stay in this league. And, as things stand, they are not .

Sorry if that''s too narrow for your sophisticated mind, but , as I say, I''ve got several other pressing matters to consider right now.

It''s not too narrow Reggie and I can now see where you''re coming from[Y]

You are the total opposite to me. I view Norwich City through yellow & green glasses and this is what I assume you meant by you and all those others saying my views are narrow. But you view Norwich city through what can be politely described as rust coloured glasses.

Are you saying that understanding what Hughton''s success should be measured against is something a Norwich fan shouldn''t do though?

No, quite the opposite, Nigel. But overall, only to the extent as to how we perform against other sides and where we are in the table vis a vis them. Clearly I appreciate that we cannot hope to compete against the Manchester clubs, Chelsea , Arsenal etc, but, yes, I do like to think that we could give as good as we get v Southampton, Swansea,Villa, Hull, Fulham,WBA, Cardiff etc. That''s perhaps where this "rust " has appeared on my specs. Because under Hughton''s watch we appear to be falling behind many of them. Or am I imagining that , too ?

Well yes I think you do imagine a lot of it Reggie. We finished 11th last season so we hadn''t really fallen behind any of them had we? This season how far have we fallen behind them?

You cannot sack the manager without having someone better to bring in. That was the point most people were trying to make when requesting people got past the ''hughton out'' stuff and followed it up with a realistic replacement. Most hughton outers seem happy with him just being gone, but that could be a massive step backwards, just look at wolves. Could it be that the board DO want to sack hughton, but that a suitable replacement simply isnt available?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Why look at Wolves? Why not look at ourselves and do that again?[/quote]There isn''t a manager outside the Premier League in Britain who will do a better job, i suspect. And anyway who would want to take the risk of appointing someone like that?The only answer is outside the UK.

What happened to that mad South American bloke? Someone reckoned he was going to be our new manager. Then disappeared.

Shame. He sounded like fun ....

(And certain relegation ...)