Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Grant Holt

Love the bloke, will always remember him as a great Norwich #9, but.....

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=558&fid=516&sty=2&act=1&mid=2111861004

He''s past it.

Not so sure he''s past it personally. He didn''t look past it when he scored in the last 3 Premier League matches of last season to me.

From memory at the start of every season and on the rare occasion he had spells out injured, it always took him 5/6 games to get back to his best.

He just loves proving people wrong too, I reckon he''ll be pushing 15 goals by the end of the season.

Yes. Certainly this seasons result and performance at the Etihad gave no credence to the idea that it was a fortunate time to play City last season.

None whatsoever.

Zero.

Zip.

Nil.

Nothing.

Nada.

We are missing Holt''s leadership, belief and, yes, goals.

However, if our management team''s response to being behind in a game is, first, to ''keep the shape'' and play a forward on the wing and, second, with two minutes to go, to make further substitutions, what chance does any forward have?

We shall be playing in the championship if the management team is not changed; we have a chance of staying up if change is made now; but the board is already culpable by not changing the management last Summer. What we see now is simply a continuation of what was painfully obvious last season.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]Not so sure he''s past it personally. He didn''t look past it when he scored in the last 3 Premier League matches of last season to me. From memory at the start of every season and on the rare occasion he had spells out injured, it always took him 5/6 games to get back to his best. He just loves proving people wrong too, I reckon he''ll be pushing 15 goals by the end of the season.[/quote]

Now, we have your opinion and we have the opinion of those who watch hime every week. Which carries more weight (not a Holt pun!)?

From reading that message board it looks like the same arguments that were going on here;

He''s a fat lump.

Playing the wrong formation for him to score goals.

He''s just picking up his wages/pension.

He won''t score more than 10 goals this season.

They all sound familiar.