Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

IF...... we lose to Palace

Now not trying to start an argument / flame war or a troll farm.Merely interested with this biting question..

IF.... we lose to Palace do you think that is it for Hoots ? Do you think the board will actually fire him ?If so, what replacements are available ?My biggest fear is losing Hoots and replacing him with a even worse manager. Look at Palace, ( ok they are crap ) but the best they can get is that half rate chav Pullis.Would hate to have another example of that or even worse, do a Wolves and simply not be able to attract a manager.Anyone got any insider or any ideas of realistic managers ? Personally I want the Baby Faced Assassin , but realise that Messi in the January window is equally as likely.

[quote user="Wiz"]CH shouldn''t even be here for the Palace game, does that help?[/quote]

Not really Wiz, the OP asked a few questions and you just dodged them and spouted your usual crap (again)

You really are like a broken record sometimes, not so long ago you gave your full support to Chris Hughton and the team, now your like this....bitter, twisted and fickle...quite frankly pathetic.

Palace at home is our easiest game of the season on paper, not a time to be changing manager. If he doesn''t win that, I will be stunned if he has his job this time next week.

Why the hate-on for Pulis? He kept Stoke up for years and plays a far more entertaining game than we do.

Ye s, I know Route 1 stinks but it''s far better than walking the balldown field only to be confronted with a box full of defenders, making crosses and passes sspeculative at best.

I really hope that you are wrong NCFC Till I die. If we lose (or imho even draw) against Palace, CH should be history.

If he isn''t then I suspect the point made by the OP will come into play...ie that as we get cut further and further adrift, the prospect of managing Norwich for anyone with any nous will become a less and less attractive one. If Fulham axe Jol, then circumstances are a bit different. Firstly , there is the West London magnet for prospective new bosses. that and the idea of working with a proven class operator like Rene Meulensteen. ButI''m getting increasingly worried that, if the board continue to dither we''ll be lumbered with the likes of Tony Pulis.

Its a good question and one that did have to be asked. First of all, regarding Tony Pulis, I would say he has an excellent record for keeping a low budget side in The Premier League, and expect even with only a week working with them, Palarse to be a difficult side to beat this weekend, he will make a big difference to them. That said, I still as a almost "happy clapper" am confident we will win the Palace game even if its a bit of a scrap. Now, for the question.........surely it is obvious, that if City lose to Palace CH''s job will be under serious threat and it would certainly be accepted by me if they decided to release him and his assistants. That said, I dont have enough knowledge of who is available who would be any better, so would then be more worried and concerned for the future of our club in the short term. However, we should all have faith in McNally and the Board in what they do next, that is which ever way it pans out and get behinf the team regardless.     

Reckon when I was running my business I never fired a manager before I knew who would replace him. That needs sorting first, then you get Houghton''s balls in a vice.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]If City lose to Palace CH''s job will be under serious threat and it would certainly be accepted by me if they decided to release him and his assistants. That said, I dont have enough knowledge of who is available who would be any better, so would then be more worried and concerned for the future of our club in the short term. However, we should all have faith in McNally and the Board in what they do next, that is which ever way it pans out and get behinf the team regardless.     [/quote]

I think this is a fair view of things.   The palace game is going to be a big one for the whole club.   Any kind of victory for us would be acceptable, I even think an entertaining draw would be acceptable.   A loss or a dour 0-0 will be very hard for the supporters to accept and would put pressure on the board to react.   However, whatever the result, McNally and co will be on the case and if Hughton stays - then that is enough for me to know that the board are behind him.  If they are then so should we be.  

[quote user="Mark rivers "]It would appear hughton only has the plastics left supporting him. His time is almost up[/quote]I have no axe to grind but I would bet you will still be saying the same thing next year.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]If City lose to Palace CH''s job will be under serious threat and it would certainly be accepted by me if they decided to release him and his assistants. That said, I dont have enough knowledge of who is available who would be any better, so would then be more worried and concerned for the future of our club in the short term. However, we should all have faith in McNally and the Board in what they do next, that is which ever way it pans out and get behinf the team regardless.     [/quote]

I think this is a fair view of things.   The palace game is going to be a big one for the whole club.   Any kind of victory for us would be acceptable, I even think an entertaining draw would be acceptable.   A loss or a dour 0-0 will be very hard for the supporters to accept and would put pressure on the board to react.   However, whatever the result, McNally and co will be on the case and if Hughton stays - then that is enough for me to know that the board are behind him.  If they are then so should we be.  

[/quote]

Could the board be wrong in supporting Hughton as long as they have

im about 90% certain we will lose, they are going to be buzzing and get that temporary lift that normally happens when a new manager comes in.i dont think they will sack him if we losehe should have been booted after man city, going down with him in charge

You do realise the new manager ''bounce'' is a myth?I don''t think any sane person on here would imagine that Hughton can escape with his job if we lose to Palace.

Yes it is a myth Star. If only it were true then we''d get a great edge on Rays Funds.

And those of you certain Palace will win can get £100 for every £30 invested with the bookies. That''s massive. If you put £30 in the building society you''d probably get £30.30 back!

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]If City lose to Palace CH''s job will be under serious threat and it would certainly be accepted by me if they decided to release him and his assistants. That said, I dont have enough knowledge of who is available who would be any better, so would then be more worried and concerned for the future of our club in the short term. However, we should all have faith in McNally and the Board in what they do next, that is which ever way it pans out and get behinf the team regardless.     [/quote]

[/quote]

I can barely think of any circumstances where drawing at home to Palace will be acceptable. perhaps if we get shafted by the referee and end up playing with 9 men for a large chunk of the game or something like that. barring that (or some other equivalent form of bad luck) anything other than a win is unnacceptable.

If that sounds harsh then tough. If, as is the cae with Hoot, your entire tactical and management ethos is such that you basically write off most of your away games and thus make every home game against the lower half teams critical or "must win" then you can;t complain if you get stick (or the sack) when those games are not won.

We didn''t beat QPR last season. However not beating Palace would need a result at somewhere like Liverpool to balance it! Beating Palace and losing at Anfield would be 3 points. Drawing with Palace and winning at Anfield would be 4! I know it''s unlikely but that''s football for you!

If we beat palace, he''ll stay,

If we draw, he''ll stay on but probably go in the aftermath of a 4 or 5 goal battering at anfield.

If we lose, he''s getting his p45 in the morning.

in terms of a replacement, In all seriousness, i think it will either malky, or someone (good) from the foreign leagues that most of us wont have ever heard of.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Reckon when I was running my business I never fired a manager before I knew who would replace him. That needs sorting first, then you get Houghton''s balls in a vice.[/quote]
And that Bor is the dilemma.
For a club of our size relegation is always going to be a concern. With Hughton at the helm I think the general consensus is that it is a lot greater concern than it otherwise might be. But without a replacement that is a substantial upgrade identified/available our best chance of avoiding the drop might just be to stick with Hughton.

If we lose, he should be sacked. However, if we do lose, I really don''t think he will actually be sacked.

I think he''s here long term. I think the board would be prepared to get relegated with him in charge because he has the experience to take us up again. I think Hughton would be much more comfortable in the league below. He is a Championship manager IMO.

I like him, but just don''t think he''s good enough.

They chose him, he is their man, they won''t be dumping him anytime soon.If we are in the bottom 3 at Xmas there might be a change of heart but that scenario may well not occur.