Sign in to follow this  
BIC

River End v the Barclay

After watching us score our last three goals at Carrow rd at the River End, I was wondering if anyone had any solid stats to show how many more goals we score down there than at the Barclay end.Ever since I was a kid the same has been true. We always kick off towards the Barclay if we win the toss, and more often than not, score more goals in the second half when we playing towards the River End.Is this really true and if it is, why?

I always thought there was an ever so slight gradiant towards the River End. Maybe that acts as some sort of psychological "kicking downhill" thing and that''s why more goals are scored in the River End.

ive looked but have failed to find a list, only the time goals have been scored, not the end......

ill keep searching thou, webteam?

noticed that last season from the river end .loads more goals this season at riverend, great for me as i have seat behind that goal.oh just a couple more for today pretty please!

there used to be a slope but this was leveled off when the new pitch was laid. Its probably the fact that the players have the BARCLAY behind them!!

It is incomprehensible to me why we don''t shoot towards the Barclay in the second half.  No disrespect to the River End but the Barclay and Snake Pit make a lot more noise.  Everyone else does it.  Arsenal - North Bank, ManYoo- Stretford End, Liverpool- Kop, Chelski- whatever end isn''t the shed end!   

It''s a few seasons since I attended regularly, but I always remember us kicking off a lot of games defending the Barclay End where I was sat (correct me if I''m wrong) as opposed to how it seems to be now.However, in the First Division wilderness years we always seemed to take the lead in the first half and then throw it away in the second, so I guess still most of the goals would have been at River End.

This season

C Palace- Barclay 1

Arsenal- N+P 1

Pompey- N+P 2

Everton- Barclay 2 (we changed ends that day so N+P 1st Half, Barclay 2nd)

Blackburn- N+P 1

Southampton- 1 Barclay, 1 N+P

Bolton- Barclay 1,  N+P 2

Liverpool- Barclay 1 (Changed ends)

Middlesbrough- Barclay 1, N+P 3

WBA- Barclay 1, N+P 2

Man City- Barclay 2

Chelsea - N+P 2

Man Utd- N+P 2

Newcastle- N+P 2

Charlton- N+P 1

Brum- Barclay 1

I sit half way up right behind the goal in The River End so I''ve seen all our goals much to the displeasure of people who I know who sit in the Snake Pit and Barlcay.

We kick towards River End second half because away supporters are at the Barclay End. So if we win the toss, we kick River End second half, if visitors win, they prefer to kick Barclay End second half.

We''re unusual in having the away fans at the same end as the "noisier" home fans, which is why most other teams attack their noisier end in the second half. Unless the away supporters are moved to the other end of the ground, which is unlikely, then we will always prefer the River End second half, which is a shame as I could imagine the atmosphere in the second half would be phenominal if we attacked the Barclay.

Hasn''t done us any harm, though, the ways thing are at the moment, as we have generally been a good team at home for years.....