Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Awful goals - out out out

Been locked away from football the past 24hrs but just dragged myself on to the sofa to watch motd2.

Shocking shocking goals to concede, both of them. Something is badly wrong when a manager who builds his side from the back can''t defend properly. They''re confidence is shot.

I''d put Neil Adams in right now as caretaker. Keep looking for a replacement (as DM must surely already be doing) and give NA a few games in the meantime. Nothing can be worse than this. We have good players for God''s sake, we have good strikers, I wouldn''t swap many of our first 11-15 players with hardly any from any team in the bottom half. And yet we look so impotent and so fragile.

Change needed now.

I''d suggest that if you are seriously advocating putting Neil Adams in charge of first team affairs or that you truly believe that it couldn''t be worse, spelling is the least of your problems.

Neil Adams really couldn''t do any worse imo.  Yes he hasn''t any experience above the youth.  However the FA Cup win shows he understands the game up to a point.  
There''s a part of me that''s saying **** it, take the gamble.  Give him NA a go until the Xmas turnaround then keep him or get a perminent in.

The person to blame for Saturdays defeat, both goals, lay with Jon Ruddy this time im afraid... not the manager.

Didnt claim the first in his 6 yard box and failed to hold the header for the 2nd...

Chris Hughton wasn''t in goal i''m afraid... he gets a week blame free.

There are plenty of teams who have appointed managers from within their own set up, be it reserve team or youth coaches.

Plus I''m only saying put him in caretaker charge while we look for a permanent manager.

And by the way Crabby. Yes. Norwich. (Mike Walker). That didn''t work out too bad did it!?

Excuse my language, but what the F... is Neil Adams going to do?! You might as well suggest getting rid of Hughton and giving Peter Grant a few games in charge!! Would be an absolute disaster, and if it was between NA or CH, CH every time.

I do wonder what goes through some NCFC fans'' minds with this obsession to get ex players into the manager''s seat because they "know the club". Worked out so well for Deehan, Megson, Grant and Gunn.

Well my solution for a while has been a trio of Darren Ferguson as a firebrand motivating Manager, Mike Phelan for Premier League experience and top level Coaching and Neil Adams as Assistant Manager who knows the club inside out.

I agree we look shot. Despite the West Ham result. We just don''t look properly prepared for these games.

[quote user="a1canary"]There are plenty of teams who have appointed managers from within their own set up, be it reserve team or youth coaches.

Plus I''m only saying put him in caretaker charge while we look for a permanent manager.

And by the way Crabby. Yes. Norwich. (Mike Walker). That didn''t work out too bad did it!?[/quote]Mike Walker managed Colchester Utd. for 79 games before he came to Norwich.[:$]

Wow, this is my first experience of being on ''the other side'' - people do get ar5ey with you dont they!

Look, if CH was let go today, someone would have to be put in temporary charge. Who would you want that to be? Calder wood?

I''m sick of hearing it was the players fault to be honest. The fact is we didn''t create enough chances to win, regardless of mistakes. That fault lies with the manager. Even when we made 2 mistakes there didn''t seem to be any motivation to turn it around. No inspiration off the pitch or on it. Depressing to watch.

Really, because I''m sick of hearing people making excuses for the players?!

Tactically and motivationally we have issues, and that stems from the top. Hughton without question deserves to be taking the flak for our gutless away performances.

But the players are paid ridiculous amounts of money to go out on the pitch and perform. Regardless of whether they like the manager''s tactics there should be no excuses for not giving their alll when they pull on the shirt, and I''m amazed that people are trying to make excuses for them and shift the entire blame to the manager.

Do people realise how childish saying "out out out" sounds? Like a three year old throwing a tantrum because they can''t have a toy.

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]Neil Adams really couldn''t do any worse imo.  Yes he hasn''t any experience above the youth.  However the FA Cup win shows he understands the game up to a point.  

There''s a part of me that''s saying **** it, take the gamble.  Give him NA a go until the Xmas turnaround then keep him or get a perminent in.

[/quote]

Huzzah John. [Y]

[quote user="splutcho"]Do people realise how childish saying "out out out" sounds? Like a three year old throwing a tantrum because they can''t have a toy.[/quote]

And your point is?

Yes, ok, call it childish if you like. I want him out. I like the guy a lot, but i see a club that is fast losing it''s spirit and heading in the wrong direction and i''m frustrated. If you felt the same, you might be prone to bouts of childishness.

So ner ner ner, poo-head. Oops, sorry [;)]

Yep, time''s up for Hoots. Not only is his football farking boring, but his repetitive, cliched post match interviews are starting to send me to sleep too. I was hoping Boreham wouldn''t ask him too many questions on Saturday, but still the "probing" and "original" questions kept on coming. Two boring Chris''s together there. YAWN.

Saddling ourselves with another manager who turns out not up to it, or leaves when he''s afraid, may not help much.

What we need is a manager who has an effective way of playing, who can explain his tactics in a particular game, and can encourage the squad to believe in themselves and in each other, and also give their all each week for their massive salaries.

After supporting him for some time, I am seriously worried about Chris Hughton''s ability in all these. If he goes, whoever takes over has an enormous task, and managers able to overcome this do not grow on trees. I, too, hope that McN and others have been considering possible replacements, and can quickly find someone. In that case if the interim manager has only a few games, it doesn''t matter who is appointed, and perhaps we could do worse than ask Neil Adams, who certainly knows the club and players. He would need good support and advice. I certainly would not want one of the assistants to take over - both are failed managers.

Make Lambo an offer he can''t refuse. He''s been pretty average at Villa but he was a perfect fit here. Hoots is boring me silly now - everything about his costive and cautious manner. Boring! BORING! boring!