Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

It'll be Delia next...

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Being uncompetitive in any league is without question the most depressing situation in football, probably why I would describe the 2004/5 season as the least enjoyable season for me in the last 35 years. I understand the concept of your point Ricardo and acknowledge it. BUT We have a much better squad than we did in 2005 and there are enough teams around us with poorer squads that seem far better prepared to win points in this league than we do. The Wolves situation is a red herring nobody is suggesting we should not replace Hughton. Again I am happy to admit that if I was subjected to the football we have witnessed throughout the Hughton era for years to come I would seriously consider not having a season ticket (even if by some miracle it continued to be successful by some peoples strange measure of success)[/quote]

Whilst agreeing with much of that and the fact that we have spent a lot of money I would argue that this only ensures that we stand still. In order to compete for a top ten place is going to require even more money. Our total spend was still less than what Spurs coughed up for a single player yet led to similar results at Man City. For some people it raised the expectations to what in hindsight they must now see as an unrealistic level.

On your point about the quality of football, I assume you never supported during the sixties. Dire beyond anything you have ever seen, but simehow it never put me off.
[/quote]

I enjoyed watching us being dismantled by Clough''s Derby County, ricardo! As far as the spending on the squad and expectations are concerned, I would say this. A top-ten finish, as called for by Bowkett, is highly unlikely. But what bothers myself and others is that we don''t seem to be getting as much out of the squad as we  should. Cantiaci put it well a day or two back - that under Lambert (and no I am not one of those pining for his return) the squad was greater than the sum of its parts and under Hughton this season it is less than the sum of its parts.

To put it another way, the summer splurge (ninth highest net spending in Europe) shouldn''t have taken us into the top ten. But it should have kept us level with those clubs around us who also spent money. But it hasn''t. Our points per game has dropped from last season''s 1.15 to 0.91. So instead of heading for 44 points and safety we are on course for 34/35 points and a very serious danger of relegation.

[/quote]

Bang on Purple!

It doesnt make a person any less of a supporter because they recognise what you''ve posted. People have genuine concerns that we''re in relegation danger. To ignore it just smacks of people wanting to back Hughton for the sheer hell of it.

Showing anti Hughton concerns is perfectly acceptable to me.
[/quote]

Seconded, thirded and forthed!!

As i''ve said previously, we''ve gone from having a team the performs above the sum of its parts to having one that is undoubteldy underperforming to less that the sum of its parts. That is a concern and should be a concern of any fan.

I know we have spent big for us, but money doens''t always = quality. We are where we are because something is not correct, I have said this for the entire seaoson. We splutter from one game to the next, without much to be excited about!

I for sure don''t want Delia out for the owners such as Hull & Cardiff have, but I also know that we have a limitation while our owners don''t have the financial clout to back this club as other have.

Someone once said a prelonged stay in the Premiership would get boring and I must say it is fast going that way! We are boring to watch, we have conceded more this year in the first 12 games than other seasons and our strikers are still finding it difficult to find the net.

I so want the club to turn things around, but let''s be honest we are "little old Norwich" Cardiff & Hull are on par in their first season and we are up against 6 other teams fighting to stay clear of the bottom 3. The way of life for City fans.

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]
Bang on Purple!

It doesnt make a person any less of a supporter because they recognise what you''ve posted. People have genuine concerns that we''re in relegation danger. To ignore it just smacks of people wanting to back Hughton for the sheer hell of it.

Showing anti Hughton concerns is perfectly acceptable to me.
[/quote]

Huzzah again!

Showing concerns and discussing them on here is what the forum''s all about. Demanding the removal of Hughton/McNally/Delia is a different matter.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="KeelansGlove"]Being uncompetitive in any league is without question the most depressing situation in football, probably why I would describe the 2004/5 season as the least enjoyable season for me in the last 35 years. I understand the concept of your point Ricardo and acknowledge it.

BUT

We have a much better squad than we did in 2005 and there are enough teams around us with poorer squads that seem far better prepared to win points in this league than we do. The Wolves situation is a red herring nobody is suggesting we should not replace Hughton.

Again I am happy to admit that if I was subjected to the football we have witnessed throughout the Hughton era for years to come I would seriously consider not having a season ticket (even if by some miracle it continued to be successful by some peoples strange measure of success)[/quote]Whilst agreeing with much of that and the fact that we have spent a lot of money I would argue that this only ensures that we stand still. In order to compete for a top ten place is going to require even more money. Our total spend was still less than what Spurs coughed up for a single player yet led to similar results at Man City. For some people it raised the expectations to what in hindsight they must now see as an unrealistic level.On your point about the quality of football, I assume you never supported during the sixties. Dire beyond anything you have ever seen, but simehow it never put me off.[/quote]

I enjoyed watching us being dismantled by Clough''s Derby County, ricardo! As far as the spending on the squad and expectations are concerned, I would say this. A top-ten finish, as called for by Bowkett, is highly unlikely. But what bothers myself and others is that we don''t seem to be getting as much out of the squad as we  should. Cantiaci put it well a day or two back - that under Lambert (and no I am not one of those pining for his return) the squad was greater than the sum of its parts and under Hughton this season it is less than the sum of its parts.To put it another way, the summer splurge (ninth highest net spending in Europe) shouldn''t have taken us into the top ten. But it should have kept us level with those clubs around us who also spent money. But it hasn''t. Our points per game has dropped from last season''s 1.15 to 0.91. So instead of heading for 44 points and safety we are on course for 34/35 points and a very serious danger of relegation.

[/quote]Indeed, but a win v Palace and its 1.077 and 41 points. Add to that the fact that 7 of our games have been against the top 9 (and 4 of those away) and you will understand why I think its more than a bit premature to start wearing rubber pants. Everyone in the bottom half will be concerned at the moment but apart from the bottom 2 there''s hardly a fag paper to split them.I''m not saying we shouldn''t be worried because performing in this league will always be problematical for a team like NCFC.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Indeed, but a win v Palace and its 1.077 and 41 points. Add to that the fact that 7 of our games have been against the top 9 (and 4 of those away) and you will understand why I think its more than a bit premature to start wearing rubber pants. Everyone in the bottom half will be concerned at the moment but apart from the bottom 2 there''s hardly a fag paper to split them.I''m not saying we shouldn''t be worried because performing in this league will always be problematical for a team like NCFC.[/quote]

But then we would have had seven home games and six away. I prefer figures with an equal number of homes and away. So, for example, a defeat at Anfield - certainly as likely as us beating Palace - would have us on a point per game and a 38-point finish.There is some - but only some - truth in the idea that we have had a tough set of opening fixtures. At the moment the average league position of the teams we have played is 9th. After the Palace and Liverpool games the average league position of our opponents (based on current standings) will have eased slighty to 9.2.

N N. Showing concerns and discussing them on here is what the forum''s all about. Demanding the removal of Hughton/McNally/Delia is a different matter.

Many wanting Hughton out, ONE, the stirring Wiz ,questioning McNally (for effect as usual) and YOU are the only one posting about DELIA yet again.

So why try and make out there is a problem when you are the one starting the thread?

Stirring of the highest order yet again[:D]

Before you ask, I think Hughton and his assistants are getting VERY close to their "sell by dates", the others are, at present best left alone.

If Hughton is removed, I cannot see our present board make up making the same mistakes that were repeatedly made when NW was removed.

[URL=http://media.photobucket.com/user/whovianmum/media/popcorn_jon_stewart_zpsa614a7d8.gif.html][IMG]http://i964.photobucket.com/albums/ae122/whovianmum/popcorn_jon_stewart_zpsa614a7d8.gif[/IMG][/URL]

[quote user="The Butler"]

N N. Showing concerns and discussing them on here is what the forum''s all about. Demanding the removal of Hughton/McNally/Delia is a different matter.

Many wanting Hughton out, ONE, the stirring Wiz ,questioning McNally (for effect as usual) and YOU are the only one posting about DELIA yet again.

So why try and make out there is a problem when you are the one starting the thread?

Stirring of the highest order yet again[:D]

Before you ask, I think Hughton and his assistants are getting VERY close to their "sell by dates", the others are, at present best left alone.

If Hughton is removed, I cannot see our present board make up making the same mistakes that were repeatedly made when NW was removed.

[/quote]

A month ago I got the same criticism for suggesting that if the board didn''t sack Hughton then McNally would be the next target. And so it has happened. Not just by Wiz. He is by no means the first or only poster to have started down this road.

It''ll be Delia next...

Well as predictable as the Hughton followed by McNally hysteria Delia will be next in line. How do I know this? Because I''ve posted on here long enough to have seen the same scenario from the same posters before. Yes the same posters Butler. Some returning to the board after being virtually absent since 2010. Does that ring any bells with you....

Fwiw Nutty it think you are drawing pointless lines between the acceptable and unacceptable. People "demanding" the sacking of the manager and people who are "concerned" about the management are one and the same people. It''s just semantics. You might put Wizard in the "demanding" category (ha!) and maybe me in the "concerned" category but you can bet Wiz is concerned and we both favour a change of manager. It doesn''t matter especially if he is choosing to be more demanding than me. It won''t make any difference to Hughton or McNally but it does add to the tally of fans who think time''s up for CH and team.

I see no difference between Wiz saying McNally Out and you saying Awful goals out out out. Neither is just showing and discussing concerns buddy.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Interesting point from Greeno. I am sure Bowkett said that in order to remain in the PL the club would need rich owners. I seem to remember it being part of the plan. Maybe Ricardo remedmbers too?

Yet I''m also pretty sure when the question was asked recently the reply was it was no longer part of the plan.

What changed?

[/quote]

What Bowkett said perhaps three years ago was that without rich owners we needed to expand the stadium to a 35,000-seat capacity to stay financially viable in the PL. But that was before the new mega-TV deal. That may have changed the equation. Or the equation hasn''t changed.

[/quote]

Missed this. Thanks Purple. That is what he said. But I''m pretty sure he has since said they are not seeking new owners. Maybe at last years AGM or Fan''s Forum. Or maybe I dreamt it! But then again at one time relegation from the PL was part of the boards plan wasn''t it?

It would be dreadful for there to be a movement to call a public meeting to express anger at the board. Why, the same old culprits would probably vote no confidence in Delia and her fellow directors again.

However there is nothing wrong with contributors posting their unhappiness in the manager and expressing the desire that he is relieved of his duties. That is the stated opinion of a high volume poster of this forum and quite right as you may agree or disagree.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Interesting point from Greeno. I am sure Bowkett said that in order to remain in the PL the club would need rich owners. I seem to remember it being part of the plan. Maybe Ricardo remedmbers too?

Yet I''m also pretty sure when the question was asked recently the reply was it was no longer part of the plan.

What changed?

[/quote]

What Bowkett said perhaps three years ago was that without rich owners we needed to expand the stadium to a 35,000-seat capacity to stay financially viable in the PL. But that was before the new mega-TV deal. That may have changed the equation. Or the equation hasn''t changed.

[/quote]

Missed this. Thanks Purple. That is what he said. But I''m pretty sure he has since said they are not seeking new owners. Maybe at last years AGM or Fan''s Forum. Or maybe I dreamt it! But then again at one time relegation from the PL was part of the boards plan wasn''t it?

[/quote]

He certainly said two or so years ago that the search by Deloitte''s for new owners/investors had produced something like 50 expressions of interest and not one feasible proposal. He may have said something more on the lines you have in mind more recently. It does ring a vague bell. But of course sooner or later we will have new owners of some sort. Perhaps Smith and Jones have a succession plan in place (it wouldn''t surprise me) and Bowkett knows what that is, or at least knows it exists.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"]

It would be dreadful for there to be a movement to call a public meeting to express anger at the board. Why, the same old culprits would probably vote no confidence in Delia and her fellow directors again.

However there is nothing wrong with contributors posting their unhappiness in the manager and expressing the desire that he is relieved of his duties. That is the stated opinion of a high volume poster of this forum and quite right as you may agree or disagree.

[/quote]

The old jungle drums have been busy. It''s just like a reunion of old friends. All we need now is for that other daft apeth to come on here appealing for stickers to be printed. As you know I most certainly have never questioned Delia''s ownership of our club let alone demand that others line Carrow Road with burning effigies of her.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

What changed?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He certainly said two or so years ago that the search by Deloitte''s for new owners/investors had produced something like 50 expressions of interest and not one feasible proposal.

He may have said something more on the lines you have in mind more recently. It does ring a vague bell. But of course sooner or later we will have new owners of some sort. Perhaps Smith and Jones have a succession plan in place (it wouldn''t surprise me) and Bowkett knows what that is, or at least knows it exists.

[/quote]

Well I''d take a guess that Delia''s succession plan could include giving the club to the supporters with boards running it as a co-operative.