Sign in to follow this  
Duncan

If we go 1-0 up!

If we go 1-0 up in the first half, please can we not sit too deep and defend the whole of the second half!!  One I''m not sure I can stand that tension and two I''ll be shattered if we then concede a late goal!

C''mon City give us an emphatic controlled 3-0 win!!!!!!

If we go 1-0 up i think i will be extactic, but as you say, please don''t let us defend deep again. It was nearve racking to say the least to watch that last saturday. But, at the end of the day, i don''t mind how we play, just as long as we get the win we all crave!!

i still dont get why we have decent defenders but not a decent defence.

Helveg is playing great at the moment, Drury is improving, Shackell is superb, but Flem still looks a bit out but can have some good moments.

So why are we so bad at defending?

We look to the mid-field: We have Safri, has done superb since being brought in again, played brilliant against Man U, ad fully deserve to be in the starting 11. Francis, been a bit off but getting back to his best. Huckerby, again has been been getting back and defending and done his fair share. Bently, same as huckerby has done some good defending.

So we have a good mid-field and good defenders, wheres the problem?

We just attacked against Man City, Palace, Soton and many others and we let leads slip. However we defended deep against Blackburn and the smallest guy scored. So ideally we would get a 2-0 lead then defend deep but not too deep. I think if you defend too deep it just drags the whole team in and the midfield is not there to move on the ball so you end up with countless attacks

If we go one nil up then it''s got to be all eleven players lined up on the goal line for the rest of the game

Nothing in the rules against it

Will do me

Defending deep can work very well, especially with our pace. But its no use without good marking, theres no point in Safri closing his man down and snaping at his heels if Damo has lost his (and vice verse), there must never be an easy pass on whenever possible. The fullbacks must try and push the wider midfielders up onto the oppos'' wingers and full/wing backs as soon as possible. Communication is the key. Easier said than done, maybe confidence is the key, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe throwing everyone forward to just try and get one more goal than them is the key. Is it to late to turn to god. IMlosing it. But at least im not alone, hurry up sunday please. is it possible to sleep for 96hrs?

COME ON