Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

What's Villa's Secret?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

If Lambert has such a huge tactical edge over Hughton then tactics can''t have any importance in winning points. I think it''s more likely that they each have different qualities which are equally effective.Or perhaps people really do believe that we win points in spite of Hughton rather than because of Hughton.

[/quote]

That''s just the point though Nutty. We don''t win points. There have been numerous occasions where we should have got at least a point but due primarily to Hughtons poor management we haven''t. Tonight''s game is a great example of how tactics, substitutions should be used.

Not wishing to multi-post Brightie but..

Lambert''s Villa P50 56pts

Hughton''s City  P50 55pts

So yes we do pick up points. At the same rate as Lambert''s Villa do.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Nutty talks drivel why bother arguing with him? Either that or he just posts drivel to extend the threads endlessly[/quote]

Great contribution Bury. Good to see your living up to the half-witted reputation you have on here...

[/quote]*you''re

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Nutty talks drivel why bother arguing with him? Either that or he just posts drivel to extend the threads endlessly[/quote]

Great contribution Bury. Good to see your living up to the half-witted reputation you have on here...

[/quote]

*you''re
[/quote]

Huzzah!

That may be the stats but it doesn''t change the fact that we have not obtained points that we should have obtained. Hull Villa Cardiff and Newcastle were all games where better management would have got us at least a point.

I don''t really want to compare the two managers I''m not one of these people who want Lambert back. I just want to highlight how poor management by Hughton is harming us. It just happens that tonight''s game shows how astute management and tactics should be used.

[quote user="Brightside"]That may be the stats but it doesn''t change the fact that we have not obtained points that we should have obtained. Hull Villa Cardiff and Newcastle were all games where better management would have got us at least a point. I don''t really want to compare the two managers I''m not one of these people who want Lambert back. I just want to highlight how poor management by Hughton is harming us. It just happens that tonight''s game shows how astute management and tactics should be used.[/quote]

But there are equally games where Villa should have obtained points they didn''t get. Newcastle, Everton, West Ham and Hull. You can''t just pick a few good results for Lambert and bad results for Hughton. Their records since they took over their clubs are identical.

tat you[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"]

We should go for a pint sometime Nutty old chum!
[/quote]

Morty?

Is that you[:^)]