Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Bone - Superstar

If / when Hughton goes

It would be a fair assumption that Calderwood and Trollope would also go.

What about the likes of Ewen Chester and Dave Watson though?

They both appear to be doing a good job but they are ''Hughton men''.

Even Neil Adams may not be safe if a new regime was to come in.

What''s the evidence that Dave Watson is doing a good job? As many have pointed out, Ruddy is going through a bad patch - more so than he ever has before.

I''m not saying he''s a bad coach, but as with Calderwood, Trollope or any of the back room staff I simply don''t know enough about what they contribute to have an opinion.

Funny what people base their opinions on.

Probably quite a lot crabby.

To he best of my knowledge, top teams have lots of coaches and various roles, which to the average footballs supporter with no inside knowledge can really know what they do. But if the top clubs bother to employ that many, rather than add their wage money to the player budget, they must be doing something...

People go on about Calderwood & Trollope, do we have any other first team coaches? Same with Culverhouse and Karsa, how many more first team coaches? Manager can''t do all the tactical planning, coaching session planning, running of those sessions, mentally preparing players and other bits and pieces himself. Clearly Karsa had a key role, or Lambert wouldn''t keep him, and the clubs wouldn''t pay him. What exactly he did doesn''t really matter, what matters is he contributed, quite possibly heavily to the success at this club. Like Calderwood and Trollope are contributing to the current patch.

You''re probably going to tell me now your comment contained a hint of sarcasm ;)

I see no reason Neil Adams would go, it''ll be first team coaching and management, the youth and U21 managers are not recuited by the first team manager, as far as I''m aware.

Hughton is here for the long haul.   Expectations were high when he came here after Lambert and he has had a rebuilding job to do which I always thought would take three years to see fulfillment.   If after three years he has got the team performing how he wants then he will likely be here a lot longer than that, unless a top side come in for him. 

All managers need time.   Alex Ferguson could have been sacked early on at MU.  The board held their nerve for good reason.   I hope our board keep their nerve with Hughton.  Mcnally doesn''t seem flaky so I suspect they will.   I''m still optimistic Hughton can get the team level up.   After all with injuries etc he had to put out a team with seven of Lambert''s players on Saturday.   He still needs time. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Probably quite a lot crabby.

To he best of my knowledge, top teams have lots of coaches and various roles, which to the average footballs supporter with no inside knowledge can really know what they do. But if the top clubs bother to employ that many, rather than add their wage money to the player budget, they must be doing something...

People go on about Calderwood & Trollope, do we have any other first team coaches? Same with Culverhouse and Karsa, how many more first team coaches? Manager can''t do all the tactical planning, coaching session planning, running of those sessions, mentally preparing players and other bits and pieces himself. Clearly Karsa had a key role, or Lambert wouldn''t keep him, and the clubs wouldn''t pay him. What exactly he did doesn''t really matter, what matters is he contributed, quite possibly heavily to the success at this club. Like Calderwood and Trollope are contributing to the current patch.

You''re probably going to tell me now your comment contained a hint of sarcasm ;)[/quote]

Yes it did GP!

Although Lambert seems to have a far bigger possee on the Villa bench than he did here? Is that because they are the bigger Club?