Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

I may get slaughtered for this suggestion but...

How about Bendtner on loan as a further option, Arsenal funding the most part of the deal.

Seen he got into a bit of bother yesterday at home, probably getting frustrated with the lack of goals but he''s had some good spells too.

He''s a guy who is still relatively young but has played at the top level his whole career and seen it all. Notably, look at his goals record at Sunderland and Birmingham.

I think he''s one that once he gets 1 goal, he''ll start scoring loads, he just needs to sort his head out. I think he''s gone from being overrated to being underrated as well, nobody really rates him any more, but he''s scored at premiership level at a pretty decent rate tbf.

I think he''d have to be played partnering Hooper and he''d have to put the work in right around the pitch, i.e. not just win headers and score tap ins, but he''s a good player all things considered.

If we decide Becchio isn''t required, Bendtner might be an option?

I wouldn''t be against the suggestion if we needed him, but I don''t think we need another striker like him. We need a forward who can do the hard work and make goals for himself, as no-one in this team is going to supply him properly. Grant Holt would''ve been the perfect foil for Hooper or RVW, holding the ball up, knocking it down for them etc. Biggest mistake we made not keeping him happy and keeping him another year.

[quote user="MancCanary"]I wouldn''t be against the suggestion if we needed him, but I don''t think we need another striker like him. We need a forward who can do the hard work and make goals for himself, as no-one in this team is going to supply him properly. Grant Holt would''ve been the perfect foil for Hooper or RVW, holding the ball up, knocking it down for them etc. Biggest mistake we made not keeping him happy and keeping him another year.[/quote]

Could Bendtner be that guy? His other abilities may be questionable, but he''s a monster in the air.

I''d agree Jimmy, that we are in need of something new, and that might include players.

The only problem is that we''ve got already a squad of 25, so if we are to bring anyone in, then someone has to go out.

I''d also agree that Becchio might be surplus to requirements. Frankly, if he cannot get into this shambles of a current team, it''s the only logical conclusion one can draw.

We only actually have a squad of 24, and as Redmond and Murphy are under 21 they don''t count towards the 25 man squad. We could get 3 more if we wanted, as long as Surman/Fox don''t come back.

Personally though I think we need to prioritise a creative midfielder rather than a striker.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''d agree Jimmy, that we are in need of something new, and that might include players. The only problem is that we''ve got already a squad of 25, so if we are to bring anyone in, then someone has to go out. I''d also agree that Becchio might be surplus to requirements. Frankly, if he cannot get into this shambles of a current team, it''s the only logical conclusion one can draw.[/quote]

There''s got to be something more to the Becchio situation...I can''t be the only one who wants to see the guy given a chance? I know people will say we don''t see what goes on at training, but come on, he''s played a few pitiful minutes since he''s been here! Although maybe it''s his attitude and maybe he''s made it clear long ago that he doesn''t *want* to be here, so that''s why he doesn''t play, but if that was the case I am imagining he wouldn''t be featuring on the bench and also pretty sure he''d have been loaned out...

It''s a mystery.

I wouldn''t be against if I felt we needed a striker in his mould, but I think he is best suited to leading the line. Particularly as he is selfish with chances.

Don''t see him as being the #10 that we need, we have plenty of options at #9, the issue that needs addressing is the lack of chances that our #9''s are getting.

What we desperately need is a winger, on loan. We also need a centre back, and if we can find one then a great #10 (if we can''t, then I''d like to see Hoolahan get more football).

Another target man has to be somewhere near the bottom of the list of priorities..... if we get a #10 then Bendtner can''t do anything up front that Elmander and probably Becchio can''t do.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]I''d agree Jimmy, that we are in need of something new, and that might include players. The only problem is that we''ve got already a squad of 25, so if we are to bring anyone in, then someone has to go out. I''d also agree that Becchio might be surplus to requirements. Frankly, if he cannot get into this shambles of a current team, it''s the only logical conclusion one can draw.[/quote]

There''s got to be something more to the Becchio situation...I can''t be the only one who wants to see the guy given a chance? I know people will say we don''t see what goes on at training, but come on, he''s played a few pitiful minutes since he''s been here! Although maybe it''s his attitude and maybe he''s made it clear long ago that he doesn''t *want* to be here, so that''s why he doesn''t play, but if that was the case I am imagining he wouldn''t be featuring on the bench and also pretty sure he''d have been loaned out...

It''s a mystery.

[/quote]One of the columnists on here posted the following on another board regarding Becchio:"From what I can make out from the Archant guys he''s an exemplary

trainer, lovely guy and popular with his teammates, which makes it all

the more mysterious."Like many on here I don''t understand...................

Basically Becchio''s Norwich career (under Hughton) was killed by Kamara''s goal against Everton.

With the investment in the forward line over the summer he was always going to struggle to get in ahead of players we''ve spent big money on, especially when he couldn''t get in ahead of Kamara.

And now Hughton can''t give him a go anyway because it''d make him look desperate and would undermine what he''s done the last few months.