Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Gutless

There has been a lot of patience shown LDC. But patience has worn extremely thin now. Too many no shows means there is something wrong. Take heed of posts like Hogesar and Vos''s rather than the Wiz''s and you will see it''s not just the irrational posters that are worried.

If you read the mood music must change article on the home page then it appears the journalists at the EDP are now in the Hughton out camp as well. To suggest that fans raising genuine concerns at what they are seeing week after week is gutless is quite pathetic.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Serious? Of course its serious. But it''s not a crisis. We have to improve. Of course we do. But the constant negativity on this board is a joke. The proof of the pudding will be when we get a decent result or two when the confidence will increase. Then we will see what this team has to offer.[/quote]

You do know we won our last game before the Newcastle match? Was that not meant to have boosted our confidence?

[/quote]

Bumpity bump.[:D][:D][:P]

[/quote]

Bumpity bumpity bump. Bump. Bump. Bump...[;)][:P][:D][:D]

It makes me wonder why some like myself have seen what''s been happening for OVER A YEAR (pant wetters etc we were called) now 52 whole weeks later others have woken up, was it a rather long lay-in, are they blind posters, blind optimists maybe. OHH and then there''s L.D.C who still 52+ weeks later CAN''T see it EVEN NOW. HELLO ITS TIME TO WAKE UP. YOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOO ldc rise ''n shine time. Now all the 3000+ post brigade have seen it then it must now be happening. Some fans are utterly blind and stupid at times

"Paris Lees Missing Tackle"

It makes me wonder why some like myself have seen what''s been happening for OVER A YEAR (pant wetters etc we were called) now 52 whole weeks later others have woken up, was it a rather long lay-in, are they blind posters, blind optimists maybe. OHH and then there''s L.D.C who still 52+ weeks later CAN''T see it EVEN NOW. HELLO ITS TIME TO WAKE UP. YOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOO ldc rise ''n shine time. Now all the 3000+ post brigade have seen it then it must now be happening. Some fans are utterly blind and stupid at times

Some of the more sensible fans were willing to give Hughton time to build a team, which was what was needed. Unfortunately the pantwetting, instant gratification, X-box generation still can''t fathom that out.

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Right, Lakey. Let''s cut to the chase now.

You accuse us all of being closed minded. Fair enough...your call. And that , of course makes you open minded.

So, with the benefit of this wide open mind of yours, precisely when (in all the scenarios available to you), if things don''t improve, will you feel it fit to say : "things have gone far enough, matters are not gettting any better, and it''s time for a change" ?

Your open mind must have weighed up the plethora of options to choose from. ie , is there a point in which your open mind will finally say we need a new direction. ?[/quote]

My " open mind" tells me that it should be painfully obvious to most people when the manager would be at risk.  When we are cut off at the bottom of the table with no signs of improving.  We are not at the bottom.  We are in the mix with several other clubs for a mid table position.   With a little luck a little confidence and a lot of hard work and belief,  we will imo see better from the team we have and under this manager too.  As for directions, in football there are only two directions - up or down.   I sincerely hope the team win on Saturday and move up the table.

I described the Hughton out callers as gutless, maybe a bit harsh.   Maybe I should have put "impatient" instead.  That''s all that is lacking - patience.  But there seems to be a lot of noise from "I want it and I want it now"  brigade.   I''m not saying it couldn''t be better, of course it could be, but we''re in the mix for mid table.   What more should we be expecting?  Top 6?   Dream on.

All that is lacking is a bit of confidence, some team adaption to cope with the injuries - and perhaps a little luck along the way. 

[/quote]

So, if I understand you correctly, Lakey, you, and by definition all of the other happy clappers, are prepared to wait until we are in a "hopeless" situation (ie all but nailed on for relegation) before contemplating a change.

Irresponsible does not even BEGIN to describe a policy like that........

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Serious? Of course its serious. But it''s not a crisis. We have to improve. Of course we do. But the constant negativity on this board is a joke. The proof of the pudding will be when we get a decent result or two when the confidence will increase. Then we will see what this team has to offer.[/quote]You do know we won our last game before the Newcastle match? Was that not meant to have boosted our confidence?[/quote]Bumpity bump.[:D][:D][:P][/quote]Bumpity bumpity bump. Bump. Bump. Bump...[;)][:P][:D][:D][/quote]

Ok, I give in. [:)]  I think the proof of that will be this Saturday.   The Newcastle game was not a disaster.  A couple of mistakes less and things could have been different.  Confidence is at a fragile level as shown at the West Ham match. We could not expect the side to have been super confident at Newcastle.

In general, people are reading in to things that I am not saying.   I am not against criticising the manager, we all can do that.   Some have come to the conclusion after a long time that he may not be up to the job. Fair enough.  I began to wonder after the Maure match and definitely after the MCity match.  But time moves on Spurs lost 6-0 at MCity so puts that a bit more in to perspective and we beat Wet Spam.  But as long as he is in the job, he should have support.  Criticise by all means.  Demand better by all means.  For me though, he has to stay.  There are no guarantees that a different manager would be any better.  

All I want is a fair criticism of what is really happening, giving credit where credit is due - not some intimidating bandwagon of Hughton outers that are more interested in their egos being proved right than the well being of the club.

[quote user="lake district canary"] not some intimidating bandwagon of Hughton outers that are more interested in their egos being proved right

[/quote]

Yet another ridiculous expression and opinion from LDC. [:@]

Just a well done for seeing what was going on was suffice thankyou Herman. Remember it''s the fans like me (the future) that will make sure the roeder\grant era is never repeated

[quote user="Paris Lees Missing Tackle"]

Remember it''s the fans like me (the future) that will make sure the roeder\grant era is never repeated

[/quote]

MEGALOL.

May I ask how you will achieve that?

"Paris Lee''s Missing Tackle"

Just a well done for seeing what was going on was suffice thankyou Herman. Remember it''s the fans like me (the future) that will make sure the roeder\grant era is never repeated

Given a chance I think fans like you would change manager every time we lost.

If it wasn''t for the fans LIKE ME who have been banging on about that idiot for the last year. Fans liky yourself til, nutty, Herman, monty Jas T.k.o.b, ldc would all still be clapping away. Deny it all you wish but you know your one of the blind sheep

He''s had 3 transfer windows to build a team, Herman. Why £13m was spent on strikers and we set up to provide no service is confusing. 1 striker in the box with 4 defenders and the keeper doesn''t make that £13m seem well spent.

I''m glad we got RVW and Hooper, but would be much happier if we set up to take advantage of their talents.

I know HC. I was talking about last season. Posters like Paris didn''t give him any time to build a squad and have been calling for his head for a long, long time.

I have been judging him from this season, with his squad and it ain''t good.

"Paris Lee''s Missing Tackle"T(s)illys posts since when.... last year 9months ago 6 months ago or 5-6weeks tops Herman, just so I know how far to go back

How about asking him yourself.

FOR CHRIST SAKE HERMAN!!!!! Has his bloody brand of football just changed last week or the week before or even a month NO IT F**ING HAS NOT. Even his first pre bloody season was an example of everything that''s followed. So even tho you''ve slipped into the OUT camp NOW, this crap we''ve witnessed has been on going it''s not my bloody fault it''s took you 18+ months to see it. However congratulations on finally waking up. Well done!! Clap clap. People like you frustrate the 5hit out of me

I''m of the view that those of us on the road were more cruelly exposed to the tactical limitations of our management team last season and have therefore been more vocal in their observations.

However, think back to Newcastle at home last season. Our unwillingness to attempt to win that match simply personified the management team''s approach to football - don''t lose rather than try to win. That philosophy was never going to change.

I was surprised that the management team was not replaced last Summer - the writing was on the wall - unfortunately I fear that the board has already left it too late.

He was building a team. Some gave him time to build a team that was strong enough to stay in the Premiership. It worked last season, although not pretty, but it isn''t going well this season. It''s quite simple to work out, if you have the ability to understand others point of view.

I understand that any new management team would wish to buy their own players. However, I think what we saw of the management team''s approach to football last season runs deeper: the underlying philosophy of ''take the point'' rather than ''go for the win'' and risk the draw. I thought it unlikely that this philosophy would change, regardless of the players brought in, hence I think last Summer was the time to change.

[quote user="Herman "]He was building a team. Some gave him time to build a team that was strong enough to stay in the Premiership. It worked last season, although not pretty, but it isn''t going well this season. It''s quite simple to work out, if you have the ability to understand others point of view.[/quote]
Exactly Herman, spot on.
Those that weren''t willing to give Hughton a fair crack of the whip about halfway through last season come crawling out of the woodwork as if they had some exceptional footballing brain that could tell exactly what would happen.
If that was the case, they wouldn''t have all gone quiet pre-season when we signed RVW, Fer, Hooper etc. Because they panicked that it might, actually, just work out.
Of course, that doesn''t seem to be happening at the moment and yes it''s extremely frustrating but just because some of you were unwilling to give him a chance hardly makes you the fucking messiah. 

[quote user="Paris Lees Missing Tackle"]It makes me wonder why some like myself have seen what''s been happening for OVER A YEAR (pant wetters etc we were called) now 52 whole weeks later others have woken up, was it a rather long lay-in, are they blind posters, blind optimists maybe. OHH and then there''s L.D.C who still 52+ weeks later CAN''T see it EVEN NOW. HELLO ITS TIME TO WAKE UP. YOOOOOOOOOHHHOOOOO ldc rise ''n shine time. Now all the 3000+ post brigade have seen it then it must now be happening. Some fans are utterly blind and stupid at times[/quote]

But you''ve only been on here since the 25th July so how were people calling you pant wetters etc.?

Confession is good for the soul my man. It''s time to stand up, step forward and come clean[A]

Oh nutty\ Eddie I''ve been on here years however yourself and tilly have had me banned numerous times. Macclesfield canary, grantham canary, aces high, I know what my opinion on Hughton was from a long time ago he''s far to overly defensive, just because you 2 and monty an co have just noticed don''t judge me by the same standards it''s been obvious to a lot on this board for over a year. Just because the high post count geriatric brigade have "had a light turn on at last doesn''t mean "US PANT WETTERS" should draw a line under the fact that you lot , don''t know what the he''ll your going on about 99% of the time.

Clap on, clap off............The Happy Clappers!!!

[quote user="Paris Lees Missing Tackle"]Oh nutty\ Eddie I''ve been on here years however yourself and tilly have had me banned numerous times. Macclesfield canary, grantham canary, aces high, I know what my opinion on Hughton was from a long time ago he''s far to overly defensive, just because you 2 and monty an co have just noticed don''t judge me by the same standards it''s been obvious to a lot on this board for over a year. Just because the high post count geriatric brigade have "had a light turn on at last doesn''t mean "US PANT WETTERS" should draw a line under the fact that you lot , don''t know what the he''ll your going on about 99% of the time. Clap on, clap off............The Happy Clappers!!![/quote]

LOL as if I didn''t know that!

But you''re wrong. I never had you banned and have never had anyone banned. I''ll tell you what I did do though.. when you got hold of my phone number and kept calling I made your life hell. So much so that you begged people to stop calling you. I''m still on the same number if you want to start again....

Otherwise we could remain civil.

How''s the family?

Although I might have put it differently, I do agree with PLMT that the warning signs were there really early. I haven''t gone back to dig out the results of CH''s first few pre season friendlies but the initial reports I recall were hardly inspiring. But one has to put that down to being a new manager learning the squad so no long term relevance, or so we thought. Going to Fulham again that first season and getting totally hammered. The signs were all there. But I bet the vast majority wanted it to work out, we gave him time, put it down to the transition from a truly inspirational manager and a turbulent summer. But the faults seem ingrained- we see the same issues now that we saw way back then. Despite building his own team, 3 transfer windows, a record signing, a new coaching staff (his own) and 40 Premiership games. Yet we are still getting walloped, have had 3 humiliating cup exits and still make tactical substitutions when they have no hope of working. It must surely be negligent of the Board if, despite all the overwhelming evidence, they did not do something about it rather than waiting until the situation is irretrievable like when Megson took over from Deehan in ''95.

I would love to grasp onto the few shreds of positive stuff but I''d be restricted to one half against Stoke, 20 minutes against Chelsea and 35 against West Ham after we got gifted a pen.

So what am I - gutless, a PW, a clapper, an Outer, or maybe somehow just a fan weighing up what I pay my money to see and coming to a conclusion that things must change now. I''m also a shareholder so I guess I am a tiny fraction of CH''s employer, just as well I''m not doing his end of year appraisal.....

Well, don''t be so shocked CC and Morty. That sort of thing is hardly unknown on forums like this.

A year or two ago on another non football forum I was a member of, two rather nasty characters hacked into the admin, got my private email address, home phone no, and, bizarrely, my mobile number too. I was subjected to some pretty horrible stuff, and some baseless allegations about my private life were aired, including the suggestion that my wife and I were splitting up. It happened to others too.

Needless to say I''m no longer a member of that forum, and if the same were to happen on Pink un, I''d pull the plug here too.

Houston Canary wrote the following post at 25/11/2013 8:45 PM:

He''s had 3 transfer windows to build a team, Herman. Why £13m was spent on strikers and we set up to provide no service is confusing. 1 striker in the box with 4 defenders and the keeper doesn''t make that £13m seem well spent.

I''m glad we got RVW and Hooper, but would be much happier if we set up to take advantage of their talents.

Could not agree more!

Alan Shearer made so much sense on MOTD2 when he was describing Spurs'' lack of attacking quality.

We, too, attack with no width, play inverted wingers that create next to nothing, and give our forwards little chance to shine.

Make no mistake we do have two good forwards ........ but they need a far better service if they are to score. Leroy Fer has shown frustration that he can''t pick a pass, mainly because all of our attackers are along the edge of the penalty area, closely marked by all the defenders they have dragged in there.

I am sorry to say that I am slowly getting off the fence, into the Houghton out camp if these tactics continue, and I have seen nothing to convince me that there will be change.