Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Gutless

Gutless - fans calling for Hughton to go after a narrow away defeat. After man utd or man city, maybe, but the continuous racket of spoiled fans is imo embarrassing. It''s a tough league. Get used to it. Injuries are hampering us and we need to keep our nerve. Just calling for the manager''s head all the time is pointless and as the title says. Gutless.

It''s not the best time to be a Norwich fan, but as JFK said, "We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard".

It''ll pass, keep behind the team.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Gutless - fans calling for Hughton to go after a narrow away defeat. [/quote]No matter what the score (7-0 or 2-1), a defeat is a defeat. Today was just another one to add to almost never ending list of away defeats over the last 12 months and in all honesty I didn''t see a lot of improvement today from the games at Man U or Man C. At no time in today''s match did we look capable of winning it. Even at 2-1, when there was a glimmer of hope for a point, the decision to make changes was delayed far too long to have any real chance of making a difference.All teams are hampered by injuries & it''s how you deal with them that counts. It doesn''t help that the Manager has been guilty several times this season of persisting with players who were obviously not fit in the first place.

That''s it L.D.C....... let''s happy clap our way to league one woop woop what fun yayyyyy. Hughtons great isn''t he. I mean he can''t string two wins no scrap that he can bearly ever win but what''s not to like hey. Did you listen on the radio L.D.C?? Oh well at least your not losing money then which is probably why your so happy, it must mean you''ve more to spend on glue to sniff!!!

LDC I saw what you did there, post a subject that isnt about who the reader thinks, clever that lol. But seriously, I am amazed you havnt receieved a tirade of "happy clapper" responses rather than just one mention to date.

The biggest problem for me yesterday, was that due to some tv rights wrangle I couldnt see City live on the TV channel I have paid good money for, so had to seek out a crappy stream and then only got to see the second half. So, based on that I have a limited idea how City played first half and can only judge on the second, and dare I say I thought on that half and considering the players missing, it was an improved performance, still not where we need to be but improved (compared to previous away days in Manchester that is), and thats what we should expect. 

So, back to your subject, my understanding from the build up to this game was that the over whelming majority of "outers","happy clappers" and "plastics" were probably expecting at best a point yesterday from a side that had back to back wins against Spurs and Chelsea, with some perhaps being happy with an improved performance (I was expecting the point). That happened, albeit the improvement was not as much as we would all have liked, and had I climbed those 400 stairs then I too would certainly be particularly unhappy with yet another away defeat.

The real test though, before this game and even before the West Ham game was the outcome of the two home games after the Man City debacle. The team after a hugely nervy start passed the West Ham test and now have what will certainly be a rejuvinated Crystal Palace to overcome. Should the team performance and result not provide the Board with what they are expecting then my guess is that the appropriate action will be taken afterwards, surely everyone is on the same page with that. If, as I suspect we do win against Palarse (or perhaps even draw), even after a scrappy game, then the Manager will still be at the helm and will continue to have a big scrap on his hands, thats really not going to change when you look at the way the league is shaping up this season and also factor in our injury situation. This means that this board will be full of the anti CH posts after each and every defeat to the end of the season and those who dont fall into their camp will continue to receive the usual insults........for me, I respect each and everyone''s opinion and make a point of not personally insulting posters who see things differently to me, something others on here should try.   

Agree with most of what you say, dm, but what has become glaringly obvious to me is that although we have strengthened our team with new players, other teams have improved too making our task more difficult. I was full of optmism that we would make an impression this season, but confidence is low due to some of our results. We still have the fight and there is still time to improve, but the constant negativity given out by some on here, is just making things worse. The season is long and as we learned last season, points can come from anywhere. Happy clappy I am not, but what I do know is that negativity does no one any good. He is not Glen Roeder, he has the best squad of players perhaps we have ever had. The options are limited. You can''t keep throwing away managers when things are tough.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Gutless - fans calling for Hughton to go after a narrow away defeat. After man utd or man city, maybe, but the continuous racket of spoiled fans is imo embarrassing. It''s a tough league. Get used to it. Injuries are hampering us and we need to keep our nerve. Just calling for the manager''s head all the time is pointless and as the title says. Gutless.[/quote]

Predictable happy clapping at its best.......LDC is a doyan of the happy clappers.

I am not and have not called for our managers head on here. However I am surprised that anyone found signs of improvement yesterday. Yet again we failed to defend properly, did not press the opposition until far to late in the game and missed an opportunity to match a Newcastle side that showed its limitations when we actually took the game to them.88 minute attacking substitutions just showed me what we were missing tbh.

When I saw the title of this thread, I honestly thought that it was some sort of tirade about the quality (sic) of our defending yesterday. Then I saw who the author was, and marvelled that Lakey had woken up and smelt the coffee as , belatedly, Nige is showing signs of doing.

But, on further inspection, no. Lakey is carrying on regardless, despite the overwhelming raft of evidence that disproves his "theories".

When will all the happy clappers get it into their heads that our dissatisfaction with the Hughton way is not born out of one "narrow defeat" yesterday. Not even the slightly less narrow maulings we''ve suffered in the last month , but the record over the last year and even beyond ?

The defending at SJP was a joke. Last season we consoled ourselves that , notwithstanding the dull, boring setup, the lack of goals and the lack of entertainment, we''d become reasonably adept at keeping clean sheets and grinding out nil-nil draws. Now we can''t even claim that dubious honour. Russell Martin has completely lost the plot, Ryan Bennet is looking worried every time the ball comes near him, and John Ruddy has gone from being an international class goalkeeper to a jittery wreck who looks like he has at least two catastrophic errors in hime every game.

So, no, Lakey, it''s not us who are gutless, it''s those who are intent on getting our club into the Championship by failure to recognise just how serious a situation this is becoming.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]When I saw the title of this thread, I honestly thought that it was some sort of tirade about the quality (sic) of our defending yesterday. Then I saw who the author was, and marvelled that Lakey had woken up and smelt the coffee as , belatedly, Nige is showing signs of doing. But, on further inspection, no. Lakey is carrying on regardless, despite the overwhelming raft of evidence that disproves his "theories". When will all the happy clappers get it into their heads that our dissatisfaction with the Hughton way is not born out of one "narrow defeat" yesterday. Not even the slightly less narrow maulings we''ve suffered in the last month , but the record over the last year and even beyond ? The defending at SJP was a joke. Last season we consoled ourselves that , notwithstanding the dull, boring setup, the lack of goals and the lack of entertainment, we''d become reasonably adept at keeping clean sheets and grinding out nil-nil draws. Now we can''t even claim that dubious honour. Russell Martin has completely lost the plot, Ryan Bennet is looking worried every time the ball comes near him, and John Ruddy has gone from being an international class goalkeeper to a jittery wreck who looks like he has at least two catastrophic errors in hime every game. So, no, Lakey, it''s not us who are gutless, it''s those who are intent on getting our club into the Championship by failure to recognise just how serious a situation this is becoming.[/quote]

Worth of 3 ''Huzzah''s this.

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

BANG ON REGGIE!!!!! But the happy clappers won''t reply....... they can''t see there''s a problem as at the moment there''s 3 worse teams than us. however all could be about to change, and crucially it could all be about to change AT THE END of the season that MATTERS. Clueless needs to go ffs asap!!!

Serious? Of course its serious. But it''s not a crisis. We have to improve. Of course we do. But the constant negativity on this board is a joke. The proof of the pudding will be when we get a decent result or two when the confidence will increase. Then we will see what this team has to offer.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Serious? Of course its serious. But it''s not a crisis. We have to improve. Of course we do. But the constant negativity on this board is a joke. The proof of the pudding will be when we get a decent result or two when the confidence will increase. Then we will see what this team has to offer.[/quote]

You do know we won our last game before the Newcastle match? Was that not meant to have boosted our confidence?

It tells you all you need to know about the attitude of the happy clappers that they are setting such store out of just actually winning the odd game. Presumably against Crystal Palace, a team that everyone outside SE23 had written off before the season''s start anyway.

I''ll tell you why there''s such negativity on the board, Lakey. It''s because we see negativity all over this fine club. Negativity in the tactics/setup. Negativity in all the utterances from the management. Negativity in the way the team is going, and, most pertinently, negativity in the goal difference and points per game columns !!

At last we have a name for Wiz''s faction. For so long we have had Lakey''s faction referred to as "happy clappers" and now we can have Wiz''s faction being named "gutless whingers". Get behind your leaders and let battle commence...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]It tells you all you need to know about the attitude of the happy clappers that they are setting such store out of just actually winning the odd game. Presumably against Crystal Palace, a team that everyone outside SE23 had written off before the season''s start anyway.

I''ll tell you why there''s such negativity on the board, Lakey. It''s because we see negativity all over this fine club. Negativity in the tactics/setup. Negativity in all the utterances from the management. Negativity in the way the team is going, and, most pertinently, negativity in the goal difference and points per game columns !![/quote]

Well, reckon we need to sack him if we''re getting negative points per game.

"Paris Lee''s Missing Tackle

As per usual a great post of the The Bristol Nest!!! Did you used to post on the Footymad site T.B.N???

Why thank you Paris! I will frame your post! I still go on Footymad but it''s a bit quiet at the moment.What''s your name on there?

BTW I looked up TBN as I didn''t know what it meant. Turns out it''s the Toronto Bisexual Network. Are speaking on behalf of everyone there? I am even more chuffed!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

At last we have a name for Wiz''s faction. For so long we have had Lakey''s faction referred to as "happy clappers" and now we can have Wiz''s faction being named "gutless whingers". Get behind your leaders and let battle commence...

[/quote]

Cor, I''ve never had a faction before Nutty what do I do with it mate?[:D]

You don''t have to do anything Wiz. That''s the beauty of it! Just remain true to your beliefs and watch your sheep flock to follow you[;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Defining others as "gutless whingers" hardly qualifies for leadership, particularly when the accuser jumped up on the fence after the Manchester City result, and jumped right back down where he came from after the West Ham result. [:D]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Defining others as "gutless whingers" hardly qualifies for leadership, particularly when the accuser jumped up on the fence after the Manchester City result, and jumped right back down where he came from after the West Ham result. [:D]

[/quote]

Yes, the proof of the pudding is in the eating and all that...

Wiz appears to have many more followers[;)]

But will those followers change their minds when Wiz does....

[quote user="lake district canary"]....... he has the best squad of players perhaps we have ever had. .......[/quote]Hard to argue against that LDC but why is it that Chris Hughton can''t get his players to perform to anything like the sum of their parts ?The Board can''t forever be thinking it''ll all work out in the end because on the evidence of 2013 there''s a good chance it won''t.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]At last we have a name for Wiz''s faction. For so long we have had Lakey''s faction referred to as "happy clappers" and now we can have Wiz''s faction being named "gutless whingers". Get behind your leaders and let battle commence... [/quote]

If I am a "happy clapper" then the opposite - "gutless whinger" - would seem quite appropriate.  The league is tough and we have to live with that.  The constant calls for the manager''s head are just a distraction to the reality of the situation - that Hughton and the team are struggling to find their feet - and need support, not destructive ranting.   There is no point in the GW''s rattling their teeth,  keeping on with a pointless tirade about the manager.   He is not a Roeder, he is not a Grant, or a Gunn.   He gets no credit from the GW''s for anything he does - because they don''t want him to succeed.   If they did, they would shut up, recognise where there are some improvements, see that team spirit is intact and get on supporting, rather than trying to cause more negativity around the place.

To succeed we need to get the positivity going - the players, the manager and coaches - and the fans.  Constant calling for the manager''s head is the opposite of that - it is destructive and will not help anybody.  

Sorry but this thread is delusional positivity. Not as bad as some of the delusional negativity read on this forum but still....

LDC I think you sum it up nicely. Positivity is definately crucial right now, what I fear is that the atmosphere amongst the fans at home matches deteriorates, whether its a minority or not and starts to cost the side points like in years gone by, really hoping that we will not witness that situation again. That all said, Saturday is definately the ''must not lose'' match of the season so far and will probably shape the rest of our season......no pressure boys! 

[quote user="Herman "]Sorry but this thread is delusional positivity. Not as bad as some of the delusional negativity read on this forum but still....[/quote]

[:)]  You may be right, but I can''t sit by and let the delusional negatives get away with it!  

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"]Serious? Of course its serious. But it''s not a crisis. We have to improve. Of course we do. But the constant negativity on this board is a joke. The proof of the pudding will be when we get a decent result or two when the confidence will increase. Then we will see what this team has to offer.[/quote]

You do know we won our last game before the Newcastle match? Was that not meant to have boosted our confidence?

[/quote]

Bumpity bump.[:D][:D][:P]

Wahahhahha " I can''t let them get away with it", however i''ll let clueless Chris serve me up utter dross week in week out. I think that say''s a he''ll of a lot about you as a person!!!!