Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Our best team

Imo -                    Ruddy    Whittaker  Turner  Bassong  Ollson Bennett   Fer Howson Tettey Redmond               RVW or Hooper

Apart from Ruddy, Howson and E. Bennett this has eight Hughton players in and could truly be called a Hughton team.  Now on Saturday we had seven Lambert players out there due to injury and for subs only Wes and a youth player coming through. Hardly a Hughton team.   Now in terms of the team moving forward it seems tome that Hughton still has his hands frustratingly in the past, still relying for squad power on Lambert players. 

I would love to see the above team out there, either 451 or 442 with Hooper and RVW playing together.  Through injuries/player form we haven''t seen anything like this team.   If Hughton gets his team out there on a regular basis with all the new players starting to gel, with one or two more perhaps in January, then I think we will see improvement on a larger scale.

You could add Snodgrass instead of E. Bennett, but he frustrates the heck out of me, despite his good points.  

I know, I''m on another "give Hughton time" thread, but surely the above has some credence?  

You maybe right about it being our best team, but it will not be soon. Bennett could be out until February, and Tettey certainly until after Christmas. You will have to wait to see this team deploy!

The only minor point I would make is on the left wing. We have four front line wingers, and of them only Pilks seems comfortable there. The others are either too right footed - Benno and Nathan, or requiring pace - Snoddy.  I suspect that the time is coming when Murphy could have a regular start. He has pace, is direct, can cross with his left foot and carries a good shot. Of the "established" players, both Nathan and Benno prefer to cut in onto their preferred foot, which takes time and arguably gives the strikers a poorer line in for the cross.

If Bassong gets back to form. confidence, mobility, or whatever he is currently lacking, then he has to be in the best team, but it''s a difficult choice between Turner and Bennett for the other CB.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Oh, so our current plight is now Lambert''s fault, Lakey ?????!!!!!!

Of all the tosh you''ve written on here, that plumbs new depths.[/quote]

O  come now,  surely you can do better than that.  I''m not blaming Lambert in the least.  Its a case of a manager having time to get his team out there. All I am saying is that as yet, Hughton is relying on players that come from  a previous era.  The upgrade is not yet complete or up and running as we and I am sure, he would like.

[quote user="lake district canary"]                    Ruddy    Whittaker  Turner  Bassong  Ollson Bennett   Fer Howson Tettey Redmond               RVW or Hooper[/quote]I''d agree with that selection except I''d have Snodgrass over Bennett and put Tettey behind Fer and Howson. I''d also prefer RVW over Hooper as he has a better all round game and is more suited to the lone role.

Glad you cleared that one up , Lakey.

But the main problem with your assertion is ,as I said to Ron in another thread, that it would be OK if all these injuries, lack of form etc had been prevalent for the whole season. But they haven''t. For the vast majority of it CH has been able to and played a team that is, in the main, made up of his acquisitions. It''s only very recently that he''s had to down grade to these substandard Lambert players !

A fully fit Pilks (which may be the issue) is definitely part of our (and would be for a lot of other prem teams) best 11.

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Snodgrass Howson Tettey Fer Pilkington

RVW