Sign in to follow this  
Meeky

Bit of advice needed for Sunday please ...

as far as I''m aware there is going to be quite a few of us in Block Z of the Riverside stand which is a home stand.

a) Do we wear colours and take a chance of not being let in?

b) Do we hide our colours and reveal them when we are and take a chance of being ejected?

c) Do you think Fulham will not worry about it too much?

If I were you mate, I wouldn''t risk wearing colours at all.  Fulham might not be bothered, but they may well not let you in.  If it were me, I''d be pretty p***ed off that I got all the way to London and had to watch the game in the pub!  Watching Norwich stay in the Premiership is more important, IMO anyways

I will be in the Fulham end (could only get Corporate tickets) with three mates - we will be wearing colours and singing our hearts out - if we get thrown out, we will watch it in a pub next to the ground.  I don''t think the Fulham fans will be too bothered?

I agree with DD here. Don''t take the risk you should feel priviliged that your even going because me and many others would give anything to go so don''t throw away the chance.

Cover up your colours and see how the land lies. At the end of the game do what you like, but it''s not worth the risk of being thrown out.

I''ve just posted the same question on Wrath!

Part of me is with DD but a big part says the same as Richard - sing and be damned!!

I''ll have my colours under a top in Block Z and judge it when I get there.

But the first opportunity I get.....

"KICK IT OFF, THROW IT IN....."

Chelmsford Yella

[quote]I agree with DD here. Don''t take the risk you should feel priviliged that your even going because me and many others would give anything to go so don''t throw away the chance.[/quote]

What''s that all about then?

"you should feel priviliged that your even going because me and many others would give anything to go "

I''m terribly sorry if I used my initiative and booked tickets in the home end weeks ago, instead of waiting to see if we had a chance to stay up or not!

Chelmsford- As we''re on the same row of that block, think we will hide colours until we''ve sussed it out, will also check on a Fulham board what their feelings are, will let you know on here.

Spoken to the Corporate ticket holders who advised that we won''t get in if wearing away colours - will certainly have them on underneath though and will be singing when given a chance.

Let''s have a repeat of Wimbledon last year (at MK) where pockets of fans errupted when Hucks scored - think of the positive effect on the team for all round support.  We are far far better at home than away, all of the team comment on how important the fans have been, so let''s do our bit to make it happen. 

Let''s play our part.

[quote]What''s that all about then? "you should feel priviliged that your even going because me and many others would give anything to go " I''m terribly sorry if I used my initiative and booked tickets in ...[/quote]

For your information meeky, i did try and book the tickets and was in the process of doing so for the neutral end but missed out by a matter of minutes as i had to get confirmation off my mates. When i went to finalise the booking it came up as sold out. I could have booked tickets for Z block but my mates didn''t wanna take the risk of sitting with away supporters, and seeing as we''re only teenagers still at college we would be on our own surrounded by fulham fans, miles and miles away from home without anyone with us. Thats why i didn''t book tickets for z block. And this was all before the southampton game, so to accuse me of waiting to see if norwich had a chance before attempting to get a ticket is totally out of order. Who are you to question my loyalty to the club and what gives you the right!!!

I feel very fortunate to have a ticket and feel for the many genuine City fans that won''t be there.

My advice is to get down to the nearest boozer to the ground showing the game ''cos its the next best thing.

10,000 City fans celebrating at 5pm on Fulham Broadway? Bring it on!

CY

Just been chewing the fat over on this - have got a corporate box this Sunday  - (it will be the one with yellow and green flags on the outside!).

Received the info today and it states no "denim, trainers or away colours." From this I get the feeling that it is Ok to turn up in a full Fulham kit (including boots and shin pads) but not in a Norwich "away" shirt. Which is fine as i understand we are now using the home kit....Are Fulham saying that their fans are so unruly that they cannot control even their corporate supporters? 

Seriously though are there any lawyers on this board (or law students) because I believe that in its purest sense the banning of away colours will be an infringement of my human rights and sectarian discrimination....Any thoughts? I am willing to take this up with Fulham but as the box arises out of a trading relationship I need to be sure of my facts!

OTBC

[quote]For your information meeky, i did try and book the tickets and was in the process of doing so for the neutral end but missed out by a matter of minutes as i had to get confirmation off my mates. When ...[/quote]

Well in that case, stop sounding like a spoilt brat and throwing your toys out of the pram. If you hadn''t been fannying about asking how to book train tickets on here instead of using a search engine you would have got them easily.

Try hitching up to Liverpool in the 70''s just you and a mate when you are 15 and standing in the Kop, then you feel really alone!

I wasn''t fannying around finding out about train tickets at the time. Like i said i had to call my friends to confirm whether to get them tickets and by the time i went back to book them they''d gone!!! I''m not a spoilt bratt i was just informing you of how fortunate you are being one of the people going to the game when there are so many who would love to be in your position. There''s no need to attack other posters on here especially when they haven''t done or said anything offenseful to you.

Judging by the amount of people I have spoken to who have got tickets, Looks like we have probably got the most of Block Z for ourselves. This is the answer I received from Fulham FC a few mins ago. 

Thank you for your enquiry.

Away colours can only be worn in the Away and Neutral area in the Putney End. Block Z in the Riverside Stand is not a neutral area. Any supporter seen to be wearing away colours in Z block will find themselves being ejected from the ground.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

[quote]Judging by the amount of people I have spoken to who have got tickets, Looks like we have probably got the most of Block Z for ourselves. This is the answer I received from Fulham FC a few mins ago. ...[/quote]

Cheers for that PJ, will have to keep them covered (for a little while then)

Yo Francesco

Read this thread

http://new.pinkun.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=63&MessageID=174299&TopicPage=3

I rest my case re: fannying around.

[quote]Cheers for that PJ, will have to keep them covered (for a little while then) Yo Francesco Read this thread http://new.pinkun.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=63&MessageID=174299&Topic...[/quote]

Meeky my friend, personally i think its rather sad that you went out of your way to try and prove something that quite frankly nobody cares about. Oh and by the way that post was written the day after i tried to book the tickets, when me and my mates were contemplating getting tickets for the z block and i was asking because i wasn''t sure whether we could have travelled with the club coaches. Shortly after sending that i rung the ticket office and asked them myself. In the end my mates didn''t want to risk it. 

I have to say that i''m shocked at your offenseful comments towards me, something that i don''t expect to receive from members of this forum, let alone a poster who i hold in high regards and thought was one of the better posters on this mesage board, so can we please stop with this petty argument????