Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

Neil Warnock

Always wanted to see this man as manager of our club, and he''d jump at the chance - and is very fond of us.

He is a loose cannon with the media but is famously a man-manager who gets the respect of his players, lots of former players praise Warnock like our players praise Lambert when they leave and if we were to go down this year he''d get us back up.

We need somebody to come in and shake some life into our players, getting them playing some simple attacking football with a bit of passion, why not?

Jesus wept... I had to look up my password to reply

as most of discussion on here is drivel.

In all my days watching football I have supported

Norwich and have had a loathing for two teams-

The Suffolk team and anybody managed by Neil

Bloody Warnock.

Please don''t go here.

"God no! He''s not up to managing premiership players"

Interesting, because most of our players come from the Championship where he has managed for decades. We only have about five or six PL standard players in the squad, so that shouldn''t be too much of an issue.

What chance has he had to show that he can manage in this division? He got to spend about £3m at QPR and was allowed to sign a couple of freebies. He never got a chance there.

Mark Hughes was then given the war chest in January that Warnock should have got in the summer, and didn''t win any more points per game than Warnock, he was treated shoddily there.

Upon leaving he said:

"Obviously I''m very disappointed but, having achieved so much, I leave the club with a great sense of pride. I have enjoyed my time here more than anywhere else and the QPR fans have been brilliant with me – they deserve success. My biggest regret is that the takeover didn''t happen earlier, because that would have given me the opportunity to bring in the targets I''d pinpointed all last summer and probably given us a better chance to succeed in the Premier League"

Lambert and Rodgers got money to spend, Warnock didn''t.

"Best leave the decision to the grown ups"

I tried that in the past. We got Bryan Gunn, Brian Hamilton, Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder, Gary Megson, and a variety of other complete liabilities.

Compared with the majority of our last 10 managers Warnock looks like a decent suggestion. If the board had accepted his job application instead of appointing Peter Grant we might have got back in this division much earlier.

Perhaps the ''grown ups'' should have consulted me?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Best leave the decision to the grown ups" I tried that in the past. We got Bryan Gunn, Brian Hamilton, Peter Grant, Glenn Roeder, Gary Megson, and a variety of other complete liabilities. Compared with the majority of our last 10 managers Warnock looks like a decent suggestion. If the board had accepted his job application instead of appointing Peter Grant we might have got back in this division much earlier. Perhaps the ''grown ups'' should have consulted me?[/quote]

Warnock would be a decent suggestion for the champs. What part of his record makes him a decent suggestion for the PL?

So we have to recruit a proven Premier League manager do we?

What part of Lambert''s record would have suggested he could cut it in this league? Did Hughton''s 3 months at Newcastle win him his job here? Does that mean we can''t recruit from outside of the country? So no Mike Phelan then, no Zola, no Solskjear that narrows down the field somewhat.

Warnock has only managed in this league with teams that he hast got promoted. The first of which got relegated on the final day of the season, the second of which gave him £3m to spend.

Lambert and Rodgers wouldn''t have kept Swansea and Norwich up with no money either, and if Warnock had kept the points per game average up over the course of the season he would have kept QPR up.

Who is your candidate and what Premier League experience do they have?

Getting relegated on the final day of the season with a newly promoted team who didn''t spend much money and had by far the lowest wage bill and transfer spend in the league.

Not getting any money to spend by QPR but getting as many points per game as his replacement who spent several tens of millions on high profile players in a season where they survived. He was sacked with them in 17th despite spending just £3m on transfer fees and being forced to sign unemployed players.

Clearly you think he didn''t meet expectations in those one and a half seasons, can you tell me what you think the expectations should have been? If anything he overachieved considering the circumstances.

Le Juge.. why don''t you tell us what your expectations for Hughton are. Because from where I''m sitting his record is far superior to Warnocks. Why would you want Hughton out to get Warnock in? Seriously?

I think the OP is having a larf otherwise we really are at the Mad Hatters Tea Party.If Neil Warnock is the answer then Its a bloody silly question.

"Picture McNally and Colin clashing over a transfer etc. Would not be very pretty, would be interesting to see who came out on top"

And maybe you have gone straight to the heart of the issue.... which is that Lambert clashed with McNally, and he brought in a yes man (words of Derek Llambas, the man who sacked him at Newcastle).

Newcastle sacked Hughton because they wanted somebody who would argue back, McNally got Hughton because he wants a submissive subservient yes man.

So that rules out anybody with any passion or fire in their belly then. Might as well not bother.

"Le Juge.. why don''t you tell us what your expectations for Hughton are. Because from where I''m sitting his record is far superior to Warnocks. Why would you want Hughton out to get Warnock in? Seriously?"

Hughton took over a team which finished 12th in the Premier League. And since that point he has taken them backwards. That is evidence in our results this season, our league position, our goalscoring record, our defensive failures.

Warnock took both Sheffield United and QPR forwards by getting them out of the division below and having a very good go and keeping them up.

Apparently Steve Bruce and Malky Mackay are worthy suggestions, but Warnock is not. That doesn''t make sense to me.

What is your suggestion? I know you don''t want Hughton out, but if he were sacked tomorrow..... who would you want in?

[quote user="Le Juge"]"Picture McNally and Colin clashing over a transfer etc. Would not be very pretty, would be interesting to see who came out on top"

And maybe you have gone straight to the heart of the issue.... which is that Lambert clashed with McNally, and he brought in a yes man (words of Derek Llambas, the man who sacked him at Newcastle).

Newcastle sacked Hughton because they wanted somebody who would argue back, McNally got Hughton because he wants a submissive subservient yes man.

So that rules out anybody with any passion or fire in their belly then. Might as well not bother.[/quote]

I wish I was as close to the action as you are to have all this inside knowledge.

Hello Ricardo,

Yes I do have a source for the Llambas quote, thanks for asking me instead of having a dig.

“I wanted somebody who was going to sit down with me and give it back to me, somebody who wasn’t frightened"

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derek-llambias-sacked-chris-hughton-1361574

You are welcome,

Best wishes,

LeJuge

Enjoyed reading his book and enjoy listening to him on ''Talk Sh***'' on occasion and he seems like a decent bloke. But would I want him as manager of our club? No!

[quote user="Le Juge"]Always wanted to see this man as manager of our club, and he''d jump at the chance - and is very fond of us.

He is a loose cannon with the media but is famously a man-manager who gets the respect of his players, lots of former players praise Warnock like our players praise Lambert when they leave and if we were to go down this year he''d get us back up.

We need somebody to come in and shake some life into our players, getting them playing some simple attacking football with a bit of passion, why not?[/quote]I can only assume this is a wind up, a trolling attempt or you didn''t know what you were writing as the medicine kicked in. But if not I can no longer take any post you ever write seriously. Yes in all my years reading this forum this is the most ridiculous post

ever. I mean it, it''s the worst suggestion relating to our club I''ve

ever read. Just preposterous. What next? Suggesting Roeder returns with George Burley as his number two. Perhaps Roy Keane could take the job? Le Juge; a poster vying for 1st Wiz''s spot as number one forum troll. Good luck son.

"God no! He''s not up to managing premiership players"

I''d second this and add that his ''style'' of football is shocking. I have not once seen a Warnock team play decent football. He appears to prefer having a good 8ish ''destroyers'' in his team and then a sprinkling of class. Saying that, he hasn''t got the best eye for a player.

Le Judge wrote: "Interesting, because most of our players come from the Championship where he has managed for decades."

Ruddy - Everton, Bassong - Spurs, Turner - Sunderland, Garrido - Spain PL, Olsson - Blackburn (played most of his time in the Premier League (2007-2012) as was Bunn, Whittaker and Hooper - Scottish PL, Tettey - French PL, RVW - Spanish PL, Fer - Dutch PL.

Off the top of my head so probably missing some there. But as you can see, our regular first team is mainly made up of premier league or similar background players.

"We only have about five or six PL standard players in the squad, so that shouldn''t be too much of an issue."

When in form I would say Bassong, R.Bennett, Turner, Olsson, Garrido, Ruddy, Howson, Fer, Redmond, Pilkington, Snodgrass, Tettey and RVW have all proven they can play comfortably at Premier League level. Arguably others too but still, you said only 6, I would say at least 6-7.

"What chance has he had to show that he can manage in this division?"

QPR - that was enough thanks. Also, it''s not like he has a brilliant record in the Championship either is it?

"He got to spend about £3m at QPR and was allowed to sign a couple of freebies. He never got a chance there."

He spent more than £3million and certainly more than a couple of freebies.

Between July 2011 and January 2012 he signed 13 players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_Queens_Park_Rangers_F.C._season

Bobby Zamora cost more than £3million on his own. Not to mention the other four players he signed at that value and above.

And when you look at the players he did sign, they were nearly all, without exception, failed to meet expectations really. A couple were even questionable in Gabbidon and Dyer - a pair who have had more injuries than a crash test dummy.

I think Le Juge is only still pushing this because he read about 3 replies, realised the idea of replacing Hughton with Neil Warnock was in fact ridiculous and hilarious by itself - but doesn''t want to admit it. Sometimes, when people get it wrong, they argue more because they''re angry at themselves for being so stupid..

Infact just added up his 2011-2012 spending.

£23.15million plus Luke Young''s undisclosed fee. But lets ignore that.

That was pre new TV money. Says everything you need to know.