Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Anyone remember this

The Norwich v man utd game 1970s after the game the utd fans ripped the entire back out of the south stand and one fan fell through the roof onto the concrete terrace only to be arrested by police , the stand was I believe mainly asbestos .

See link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OElGoVlBpqg&sns=em

[quote user="yellow old boy"]The Norwich v man utd game 1970s after the game the utd fans ripped the entire back out of the south stand and one fan fell through the roof onto the concrete terrace only to be arrested by police , the stand was I believe mainly asbestos .

See link below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OElGoVlBpqg&sns=em

[/quote]

Well, I was in the South Stand and no-one fell on me. Was it not the Barclay Stand that got trashed?

Remember it well , i was around 13/14 at the time and have to say it was quite scary at the back of the old barclay with rocks and stuff being thrown by the united fans . Back then they had quite a bad reputation,i''m pretty sure Kevin Reeves scored for us i think we won 2-0 or 2-1 and whether it was losing the game that made them kick off i''m not sure but it was like beruit !

I was there, my dad said i couldnt go cos the utd fans were on the tear in games before ours, i went anyway on a wondabus ticket from stalham , 35p i recall. After the game me and some friends were on the bus home , at the top of prince of wales rd , just about to turn onto tombland. There was a Salford Van Hire van behind us, we started gesturing and waving our g/y scarves(remember the silk ones) stopped at traffic lights, about 12 fully grown men piled out of the van and onto the bus to give us a reet good kickin but stopped short when they saw we were kids, phew! earlier at the match we had to evacuate the barclay and walk on the pitch up to the river end. Funnily enough i was describing that day to a modernday young man u fan the other day....i think he thought i was exagerating as he''d been to old traford twice in the last 5 years and had seen no trouble at all.The seventies were a pretty scary time at footy....and not just the haircuts.

This often crops up on here. The Red Army visit en masse at the height of their infamy. The Yarmouth Red Army had quite a day out, I know, unfortunately I was on the train back with them.