Sign in to follow this  
YGB

sidwell

scored against us a couple of years ago when we lost 1-0 to brighton and looks to have come on a lot since then. he and safri would pair up very well [if damo leaves]. could be worth a look. ur thoughts???

I think he could be a good signing. has performed well in Division one for a few seasons now and looks destined to join the Premiership. What kind of midfielder is he though? i''m not quite sure. Does he like to get forward a''la Damo or sit back and defend like Safri?

Didn''t he get Championship player of the Season, or soemthing like that? Agreed that it''s talk for after Sunday, but he''ll be a good singing for any of the bottom half teams.

[quote]Transfer talk for after Sunday![/quote]

I have been thinking about this too. However i cant think about it for long knowing that we still have to beat FUlham

[quote]Would be a great signing but a lot of Prem teams are after him.[/quote]

Exactly right Link.  If we stay up, we''d be in with a chance I should think.  But as you say, other Prem teams are after him.  He''s a great midfielder though

i think we should get sunday over and done with first....

[quote]Would be a great signing but a lot of Prem teams are after him.[/quote]

And how many prem teams were apparently after Ashton??? We still managed to sign him though didn''t we

The most overated Player outside the Premiership.  Considering he''s supposed to be an attacking midfielder, 5 goals all season says a fair bit about him.

He''s similar to Owen Hargreaves in terms of people have heard of him and think he''s good, but both players don''t actually do a lot with the ball.

He''s got a brilliant agent though - he''s always in the news.