Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Despite all the injuries

We still have Howson and Fer in the middle. Why can''t we rely on them two to keep things ticking over, working in shifts going forward and staying back and go with Olsson on the left and Redmond on the right?

Bring Garrido back as he has been our most solid defender this season and never deserved to be dropped and bring Whittaker back as he is in much the same boat.

Elmander can then play off Hooper sitting slightly deeper. Becchio provides an attacking option off the bench in either of them roles.

A bit more fluidity in our play with players dropping into different positions in game would help, we could morph from a defensive 5-4-1 to an attacking 4-2-2-2 with attacking wingers when needed with options in between them for different periods of the game.

I do think we need to be much quicker out of the blocks than we''ve been all season, don''t let Pulis frustrate us with the ugly football he does well at. Plenty of width, bold balls forward for Elmander to make stick and plenty of support from Fer and/ or Howson. Give it 25 minutes from the off where we really go for it and then settle down from there. We have to be more bold this time out.

It is a positive post. Just thinking about how many first teamers we have out that we have to consider playing Garrido :(

When other teams are raiding quickly through the centre and down the wings, I''m not sure Garrido is the answer. He lacks pace and stands off players, rather tackling. I would much prefer to keep Olsson there and play Josh Murphy further forward - he''s young, but he is quick, direct and has a good shot.

Hughton won''t play Murphy. It''s just a pipe dream really. Playing Garrido is probably our only option with Olsson in front of him to provide some defensive cover. Focus our ''attacks'' (lol) down the right with Redmond.

Plus of course, Olsson likes to get as far forward as he can literally going to the byline and is the best crosser of the ball (using his outside foot) that we have had in years.

But as you say, all attacks with Redmond on the right. Why lets facts get in the way of a good moan?

Even tho its one of the worst teams in the league, at home, Hapless Hughton will still be cautious and it will be Whittaker left back behind Olsson.

Id like to see Redmond and Olsson on the left and Murphy given a good go at home on the right.

Moyes had faith in 18yr old Januzaj so why cant we.

It is a fact that CH won''t start Murphy. He''s already said that he''ll be wrapping him in cotton wool. Unfortunately there''s a lot to moan about and being a paying fan, I reserve the right to have a moan when I like thanks.

Our other option of course is to play Hoolahan on the left…seen him deployed there a few times not very effectively.

I posted this in another thread but its a revised version

Ruddy

MArtin, Turner, Bennett, Garrido

Howson Fer

Hoolahan

Redmond Hooper Olsson

So can you remember what our back four was versus Southampton?

It contained Garrido, Bassong and Whittaker, 3 who are now out of favour.

The current back four aren''t really doing that well, so we should keep mixing and matching. Garrido put a hell of a shift in that day versus Southampton, but to be fair, even Johnson played reasonably well that day!

I reckon Hughton will bring Whittaker in on the right and Redmond will play left in front of Olsson. Them two whilst good players i find a vulnerable combination.