Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Piffle!

That''s what the Norwich City board think of all this wailing about "if the season ran over the calendar year"and "we only finished 11th because we played teams who were on the beach". It''s Piffle.

And expanding on the description of piffle McNally said that the football season begins in August and ends in May. And he felt we were robbed at Sunderland and Arsenal.

Thank the lord for some sense at last.

I think that''s the point PUR. You also don''t give any back for opposition being on the beach...

Sunderland we wuz robbed when Bunn got sent off amongst other things.

McNally is of course correct. Last season was a successful one no matter how you try and look at it

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sunderland???[/quote]Obviously you don''t remember the game Purple.Bunn''s sending off?Our nailed on penalty denied?Playing for an hour with ten Men?daylight robbery indeed. though we still got a point.

Let him believe it, I just know his job will be a lot harder when he has to make massive cost savings in the Championship next season.  Perhaps he''s finding the Premier League too much of a walk in the park, wants the challenge of having to make ends meet again. 

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sunderland???[/quote]Obviously you don''t remember the game Purple.Bunn''s sending off?Our nailed on penalty denied?Playing for an hour with ten Men?daylight robbery indeed. though we still got a point.[/quote]

I remember the game perfectly well, ricardo. It happened last season. It has nothing to do with this season, and so nothing to do with how we are performing this season and where we might finish this season. Which is all that matters. I sincerely hope McNally wasn''t drawing attention to supposed injustices in a match now entirely irrelevant to our league position.

i dont think anyone is suggesting last season was not successfuli think what people are suggesting is that hughton got very very lucky in the last two games and the final league position not only severely flattered the club but his ability as a managerand results this season are proving people right

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sunderland???[/quote]

Obviously you don''t remember the game Purple.

Bunn''s sending off?

Our nailed on penalty denied?

Playing for an hour with ten Men?

daylight robbery indeed. though we still got a point.
[/quote] I remember the game perfectly well, ricardo. It happened last season. It has nothing to do with this season, and so nothing to do with how we are performing this season and where we might finish this season. Which is all that matters. I sincerely hope McNally wasn''t drawing attention to supposed injustices in a match now entirely irrelevant to our league position.[/quote]

What it had relevance to was the suggestion that the season should be viewed over a calendar year and that we only finished 11th because we played teams on the beach.

Well I will give you my take on piffle I heard tonight,in fact here are three examples................

McNally " we will soon be lost in mid table mediocrity"

Bowkett " we will be fine"

Hughton claiming we have played 4-3-3 on FIVE occasions this season yes FIVE.

Now listen ''ere my man. Those are not examples of piffle. If you don''t believe them then they are examples of club spin. The club probably employ a spin doctor.

I think there''s a doctor posts on here... could it be.....

Piffle is foolish  futile talk  or nonsense so if all the same with you I will stick with my original post old boy.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]So who was telling untruths Til?[/quote]

Bowkett and McNally piffle I classify as foolish which could well bite them on the backside so that leaves Hughton and his 4-3-3 statement which I classify as an untruth unless you can identify these five games this season Warren.

This is the conundrum Glovey. At what point do we try and replace Bowkett and McNally with some messageboard bods. And will there be a position for me[:^)]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Piffle is foolish  futile talk  or nonsense so if all the same with you I will stick with my original post old boy.

[/quote]

I''m afraid the Percies claimed the word old boy. You Nancies will have to make do with spin doctor or come up with something of your own.

This is pretty poor form Rudolph. Don''t I deserve to be called out on my own thread for my tugging?

Then at least I could start a thread to call you out for yours...

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Well, at least your obsequiousness has answered your own question about what is ''little old Norwich.''[/quote]

I think I''d already worked that out Tug [8-|]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But Rudolph''s injury could be far more catastrophic. At least I could buy a wig...

[/quote]

I''m not sure what they can do if you go blind.

At least you can pretend it''s anyone I suppose...

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Sunderland???[/quote]

Obviously you don''t remember the game Purple.

Bunn''s sending off?

Our nailed on penalty denied?

Playing for an hour with ten Men?

daylight robbery indeed. though we still got a point.
[/quote] I remember the game perfectly well, ricardo. It happened last season. It has nothing to do with this season, and so nothing to do with how we are performing this season and where we might finish this season. Which is all that matters. I sincerely hope McNally wasn''t drawing attention to supposed injustices in a match now entirely irrelevant to our league position.[/quote]

What it had relevance to was the suggestion that the season should be viewed over a calendar year and that we only finished 11th because we played teams on the beach.

[/quote]

That makes no sense. The calendar year is January to December. In that case we have - so far - played 30 games and got 30 points. Ie a point a game. Which is relegation or very close to relegation form.

It is absurd of McNally to try to use supposedly unlucky results from last season to justify how we are doing this season, given how much money was spent in the summer.

And it is significant that he couldn''t think of one game this season where we were unlucky not to get a draw or a win. He had to use irrelevancies from last season.