Sign in to follow this  
pete

Is it time to change formation?

Because we have lost our wide men for some time should we change the formation to wing backs and three at the back. Whittaker and Olsson as wing backs to give us width certainly these two will act as wingers and get crosses into the box when possible. Three at the back to give defensive stability especially away from home. Three in midfield would be Fer, Howson and an other (dont know who maybe Fox) and the two up front to give us more attacking options.

This might just work very little has done so far this season.

Don''t think we have much of a choice!

How about this

Ruddy

Martin bennett tuner Garrido

Howson Fer Hoolahan

Redmond hooper Olsson

I''m a great believer in horses for courses....different approaches depending on the opposition etc.

Quite frankly, if we cannot set up in an attacking manner from the off, and achieve a positive outcome in a home fixture with Crystal Palace, then we all may as well give up , and get the road atlases out to find our way to Yeovil, Leyton Orient and Barnsley in 2014.

No wingers? Then build the team around Fer and Hoolahan. Mobility and creativity right there.

Why is everybody ignoring Josh Murphy? In him with Redmond we have two of the fastest and trickiest wingers in the club. Murphy is perhaps a year or so younger,  but he has shown himself to be quick and direct, and well able to play in the adult game. With Redmond backed up by Whitttaker and Murphy by Olsson, I could foresee good progress down the wings. I would keep Olsson in the back four as he has much more pace than Garrido.

I would be happy to play 4-4-2 on that basis, so long as Redmond and Murphy track back defensively when necessary, but with two such quick wingers opposing sides would have to leave back midfielders to deal with the wing threat.

With our strikers out of form in goal scoring, to have the two quick wingers available, plus Howson and Fer both quick to come forward, we might actually frighten opponents!