Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report The AGM 2013

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Thanks, ricardo. Did you get any sense from the body language/mood music stuff of what the board''s view of Hughton really is and/or of Hughton''s view of how secure he feels his position is?[/quote]They all seemed calm and confident to me and never ducked a question. Obviously they know that staying in the Premier league is paramount but I detected no signs that they doubt this will be achieved.[/quote]

Bowkett was bullish about pushing for top half. McNally was blase about we''d soon be suffering mid-table mediocrity. But to give all you piffle wailers a gleam of hope neither of them stated we''d do it with Hughton. It was more of a "trust them". Which as I keep saying is all we can do.

But you piffle wailers will still make up stuff and move the goal posts to show the club in a poor light. Thankfully Bowkett and McNally are just as confident that you are spouting piffle[;)]

(But obviously they read your piffle because the beach wasn''t part of any questions asked) [;)]

[/quote]Pifle or genuine concerns that people are entitled to?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Thanks, ricardo. Did you get any sense from the body language/mood music stuff of what the board''s view of Hughton really is and/or of Hughton''s view of how secure he feels his position is?[/quote]

They all seemed calm and confident to me and never ducked a question. Obviously they know that staying in the Premier league is paramount but I detected no signs that they doubt this will be achieved.
[/quote]

Bowkett was bullish about pushing for top half. McNally was blase about we''d soon be suffering mid-table mediocrity. But to give all you piffle wailers a gleam of hope neither of them stated we''d do it with Hughton. It was more of a "trust them". Which as I keep saying is all we can do.

But you piffle wailers will still make up stuff and move the goal posts to show the club in a poor light. Thankfully Bowkett and McNally are just as confident that you are spouting piffle[;)]

(But obviously they read your piffle because the beach wasn''t part of any questions asked) [;)]

[/quote]

Pifle or genuine concerns that people are entitled to?
[/quote]

Huzzah again[Y]

Piffle was not my description so I can''t help you. Now when we meet for that pint on Saturday are you bringing the right honourable Ginger Pele with you?

I shall be in the Nelson after the game buddy. No chance in the morning or lunchtime.

Mr Ginger Pele said we are to force him to come and I''ve tried my best. So I was roping you in.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I shall be in the Nelson after the game buddy. No chance in the morning or lunchtime.

Mr Ginger Pele said we are to force him to come and I''ve tried my best. So I was roping you in.

[/quote]I''m sure I''ll speak to him at some point before saturday, failing that I''ll see him either before the game or at half time. After the game sounds a lot more suitable to me [Y]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Thanks, ricardo. Did you get any sense from the body language/mood music stuff of what the board''s view of Hughton really is and/or of Hughton''s view of how secure he feels his position is?[/quote]They all seemed calm and confident to me and never ducked a question. Obviously they know that staying in the Premier league is paramount but I detected no signs that they doubt this will be achieved.[/quote]If that''s the case i''m willing to let them see out the season with Hughton in his managerial position, with my sincere support, even if i myself don''t believe Hughton truly is up to the task.The cost of failing to achieve this however will have far reaching implications; this in my opinion would place not only Hughton, but also the boards position as untenable. If anyone by the end of this season is responsible for us walking blindly into relegation, any pay or work afforded to them in their role at this club is thereafter as far as i can see, charity. That will without a doubt include Hughton if he completes the season (especially if from now on is in anyway reminscient of the manner that he''s performed so far this season), and (dare i say) quite probably McNally also.There is certainly a large potential cost to any trust we could possibly afford them considering how poor Hughton has been in his capacity at the club of late, and how obvious to any viewer.

[quote user="John"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]Thanks, ricardo. Did you get any sense from the body language/mood music stuff of what the board''s view of Hughton really is and/or of Hughton''s view of how secure he feels his position is?[/quote]

They all seemed calm and confident to me and never ducked a question. Obviously they know that staying in the Premier league is paramount but I detected no signs that they doubt this will be achieved.
[/quote]

If that''s the case i''m willing to let them see out the season with Hughton in his managerial position, with my sincere support, even if i myself don''t believe Hughton truly is up to the task.

The cost of failing to achieve this however will have far reaching implications; this in my opinion would place not only Hughton, but also the boards position as untenable. If anyone by the end of this season is responsible for us walking blindly into relegation, any pay or work afforded to them in their role at this club is thereafter as far as i can see, charity.

That will without a doubt include Hughton if he completes the season (especially if from now on is in anyway reminscient of the manner that he''s performed so far this season), and (dare i say) quite probably McNally also.

There is certainly a large potential cost to any trust we could possibly afford them considering how poor Hughton has been in his capacity at the club of late, and how obvious to any viewer.
[/quote]

If the board live by the sword then they must die by the sword too!

I don''t think the board will stand by and watch for too long, Palace on Saturday is a must win for Hughton and even with the injury list I don''t think he can hide behind a defeat or even a draw!

We have Liverpool and WBA away after this game and no return from those three games will spell trouble given that we can''t play away from home.

Great report as normal Ricardo, does anyone else think 23K per week average is too much to be paying for the level of performance we are getting? I would love to see a lower basic wage with bigger bonus..........

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Ricardo should have hit them with his stats. That would have knocked the piffle out of them.[/quote]My reading from the body language and what was said is that there is nowhere near the level of negativity among the shareholders and Board compared with some of the Posters on this Forum. That suggests to me Rudolph, that while there is a sense of worry there is still no groundswell of feeling that will make the managers position untenable.This could quickly change if results nosedive but as always we are at the mercy of results.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Ricardo should have hit them with his stats. That would have knocked the piffle out of them.[/quote]My reading from the body language and what was said is that there is nowhere near the level of negativity among the shareholders and Board compared with some of the Posters on this Forum. That suggests to me Rudolph, that while there is a sense of worry there is still no groundswell of feeling that will make the managers position untenable.This could quickly change if results nosedive but as always we are at the mercy of results.[/quote]

I would even dare to suggest that the Board know far more than anybody else, in the day to day running of the Club, and the Manager and players.

That is just a throw it out there, off the cuff suggestion, but hey, it''s Wednesday.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]Didn''t

Player wages 56% of income. Really? Where is the other 44% going? 56% seems too low to survive in this league; again, did this caution see Lambert thinking wtf? Is this why holt spat his dummy for a bigger share of the spoils he played a major role in gaining. What are we paying our directors?

[/quote]

Rudolph, secondly (!) we only pay McNally. The other directors are unpaid.

Firstly, it is not clear from a distance what Sam Gordon meant by "player costs" being 56 per cent of our income this season.

The usual measure the club publicises is basic player wages as a percentage of income, but that doesn''t seem to be quite what she is talking about, because £47m is not 56 per cent of the revenue figures she gave.

The other difficulty is that the club''s measure for player wages (if that is what she is talking about) as a percentage of income is different - and lower - from that you will see for other clubs.

The club''s figure for last season was 39 per cent but the figure that compares with other clubs was 68 per cent.

So whether that 56 per cent figure needs to be compared with the 39 per cent or the 68 per cent, or some other figure entirely is a question!

Sorry if that is as clear as mud. What I am suggesting is that your worry about us only (!) spending 56 per cent of our income on player wages may be misplaced, because the true figure may - only may - be higher.

I notice this quote from McNally from the EDP:

"We have to stay in the Premier League, as our business model is based around that."

I hope that is not entirely true, and that we have factored in relegation as a possibility and that if so we would not be scr*wed financially in the way some overly ambitious clubs were.

I think a while ago the club did say it had ensured there were relegation clauses in the players'' contracts relating to wages.

My first reaction when I read the report from the OP and the one on the PinkUn main page was of alarm. Similar I suppose to Rudolph''s. It smacked of arrogant complacency. But then I wondered how the Board would have handled it differently if they all agreed with posters on here about the general standard of play, the lack of improvement and the tenability of Mr CH. And I concluded that they probably wouldn''t have said anything different in that forum. It was never realistic or sensible for them to say that CH had one more game to turn it around, or that they have a replacement lined up if he doesn''t improve, nor that they think we will be relegated. What McNally did say about the 11th place though was concerning- only a fool would not think that the timing of some matches can have a big effect on the outcome of a game. His role is to ensure long term success, not blindly look at an end result that might be built partially on sand.

However looking at that list of injuries and the bland inanities seemingly spoken by Hughton in response to the questions does lead me to wonder how on earth, since even when all our players are fit and we can''t or don''t really compete, we are going to be competitive with that long list.

So IMO notwithstanding that we couldn''t have expected much else on some of the major current issues, it does not seem to have been a very reassuring AGM to me.

Tbf Purple, I am very confident that McNally and Co would have factored in other possible scenarios. The Players wages if we are relegated, lends itself to that as one example. I really cannot see relegation causing us the same white knuckle ride of recent years.

IF RESULTS NOSEDIV!!!??! I fail to see how our results are even in a position too nose dive. What''s it matter to McNice anyway, he still pulls a 7 figure sum out regardless of his bonus. I wish I could have a crap year and take a wage like that. Long after Mcnally and who-ton have gone i''ll still be

[quote user="Wiz"]A 7 or 8 nil defeat at Liverpool will remove the sod for certain.[/quote]

Why are you so offensive to a decent man?

Why do you continue to insult & swear at people? Why do you use language that would earn you a smack in the face in real life?

Chris Hughton may or may not be a good manager for NCFC. He has never indulged in any acts that would justify calling him a sod, or any of the other epithets that continually get thrown at him on here.

You add nothing to the quality of any debate, any humour, anything.

[quote user="The Sensational Zak Cartman"][quote user="Wiz"]A 7 or 8 nil defeat at Liverpool will remove the sod for certain.[/quote]

So is this the result you''re hoping for Wizzer or do you not want CH sacked?
[/quote]

We''re going to get creamed anyway, so there might as well be a bonus to it.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Why do you continue to insult & swear at people? Why do you use language that would earn you a smack in the face in real life? Chris Hughton may or may not be a good manager for NCFC. He has never indulged in any acts that would justify calling him a sod, or any of the other epithets that continually get thrown at him on here. You add nothing to the quality of any debate, any humour, anything.[/quote]

You replied

[quote user="Paris Lees Missing Tackle"]I wish I could have a crap year and take a wage like that[/quote]

Perhaps if you spent a little less time on internet messageboards??

No sign of the Angry Brigade last night but there seem to be plenty on here.

A big chance to have a say but nobody took it so either the shareholders or this forum is unrepresentative