Tetteys Jig

Who's the mystery defender we went for?

I thought it was Alderwiereld

At the AGM, McNally said he:

Rejected Liverpool too

Wanted Champions league...

Check...

But he went to Italy...

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]I thought it was Alderwiereld At the AGM, McNally said he: Rejected Liverpool too Wanted Champions league... Check... But he went to Italy...[/quote]

I think it was just a mistake from McNally. He is fallible after all.

Alderwiereld fairly publically turned both Norwich and Liverpool down stating he wanted Champions League football.

Haha, i did the same research and came up with Albiol! Can''t imagine us going for him, I reckon it was Toby. What a massive shame we couldn''t land him. I wonder what January will bring?

I think the board might even gamble a bit in light of our injuries. They state a winger is the priority but i don''t think it is, we have a few options there still. Suitable cover for Tettey and a second striker would be my priorities.

Henning Berg has been scouting in Norway and Germany. Two names have been mentioned - the Welsh midfielder Josh Pritchard and the Polish CB . Both are playing in Norway, I think for Tronso. The latter could be a player of interest to us.

Even if nothing comes of it, it seems that CR is aware of the weakest points in the squad and has already been looking.

[quote user="Salopian"]

....the Polish CB ....playing in Norway, I think for Tronso......could be a player of interest to us.

[/quote]
If you''re on about Jaroslaw Fojut, then I sincerely hope not. 
The Polish defence is the weakest it''s been for decades, and that is quite some achievement when you think that the best Polish CB in that time has been Jacek Bak!!!... The new manager has been trying out a load of no-hopers in defence trying to find something that clicks, and Fojut didn''t even make the no-hoper list.
He would probably struggle to make it into a league one team to be honest.
If we were looking for a Polish CB, the ONLY one I would be interested in is Kamil Glik, but even then I wouldn''t be wildly excited.