Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

Absolute faith or blind optimism?

Reading some of the quotes from our board members last night, do they just have total faith in the team/manager or are they burrying their heads in the sand and just hoping for the best?! They seem certain that things will turn around and that solid mid table standing is guaranteed with no relegation worries at all. Now I really hope they''re right, but performances and results particularly away would make me question those beliefs quite strongly, plus with this injury list getting ever bigger, I really hope behind closed doors they''re more concerned than they seem!

The board are unlikely to publicly express doubts about the manager when he is sat right next to them. Stating they expect the club to be moving up into mid-table sets out what they expect of Hughton (and the players), without undermining them.McNally previously stated he was embarrassed the club were in the

bottom three.  Currently we are one point above it. No doubt his concerns remain. They appointed Hughton. It stands to reason they will give him every chance to prove himself and validate their decision to appoint him. But I can''t see them risking the club''s future in the Premier League on the back of that. They are still businessmen after all.