Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Will you resign Wz?

You don''t have to be either for or against Hughton as manager, I don''t think Hughton is the man to take us forward long-term and would want a change of management at the end of the season. However I think getting someone new in now would be counter-productive and I think Hughton will keep us up, in a drab uninspiring way.Certainly not a "happy clapper" but if we do get relegated I will admit we should have replaced him at this point instead of at the end of the season. If we do stay up I would expect Wiz to admit his venomous criticism of Hughton''s ability was disproportionate to his actual performance.

I don''t call the person who stays in his cabin. I hang with realists.

As for being far away, Buh Tol, watching my team under perform hurts even more because there are fewer outlets to vent, Buht ''Ol.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"] When you compare it to some of the insults and name calling indulged in by Nige and a few others, it''s pretty tame stuff. [/quote]

Is there going to be an example of the insults and name calling or is this just another load of piffle?

Houston.. The Titanic only went down once and they didn''t wet their pants on all the other liners...

[quote user="hertfordyellow"]You don''t have to be either for or against Hughton as manager, I don''t think Hughton is the man to take us forward long-term and would want a change of management at the end of the season. However I think getting someone new in now would be counter-productive and I think Hughton will keep us up, in a drab uninspiring way.Certainly not a "happy clapper" but if we do get relegated I will admit we should have replaced him at this point instead of at the end of the season. If we do stay up I would expect Wiz to admit his venomous criticism of Hughton''s ability was disproportionate to his actual performance. [/quote]

I wouldn''t.

Being fair to Wiz, I wouldn''t expect it from many of those who are currently arguing that Hughton should go either. What I would expect is more than one post saying things like "yes, we stayed up, but the performances were boring," "it was in spite of Hughton, not because of him," "ignoring the fact that we stayed up, we ought to have been relegated" and so on.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 5:55 PM:

Reggie Strayshun wrote:

When you compare it to some of the insults and name calling indulged in by Nige and a few others, it''s pretty tame stuff.

Is there going to be an example of the insults and name calling or is this just another load of piffle?

Houston.. The Titanic only went down once and they didn''t wet their pants on all the other liners...

Lol

If we equal what we have done over the last two seasons (bearing in mind that should be a minimum expectation given money spent) and finish 12th or better then I would admit that I was wrong...no problem. How confident are you that is going to happen under CH? We can do better without him.

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 5:55 PM: Reggie Strayshun wrote: When you compare it to some of the insults and name calling indulged in by Nige and a few others, it''s pretty tame stuff. Is there going to be an example of the insults and name calling or is this just another load of piffle? Houston.. The Titanic only went down once and they didn''t wet their pants on all the other liners... Lol[/quote]

Seriously?? You think that comment is worse than Reggie''s happy clapper jibes?

That kind of explains where you and reggie are coming from though.

Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case.

Some people just can''t be happy and are constantly afraid of the big bad wolf who is actually a little chicken...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM:

Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case.

My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty.

Your remarks actually explain a lot!

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM: Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case. My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty. Your remarks actually explain a lot![/quote]

And yet there''s so many posters who claim to have enjoyed league one more than last season where we finished 11th. That explains rather a lot more...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:05 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM: Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case. My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty. Your remarks actually explain a lot!

And yet there''s so many posters who claim to have enjoyed league one more than last season where we finished 11th. That explains rather a lot more...

And presumably you are one of them?

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:05 PM: Vanwink wrote: nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM: Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case. My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty. Your remarks actually explain a lot! And yet there''s so many posters who claim to have enjoyed league one more than last season where we finished 11th. That explains rather a lot more... And presumably you are one of them?[/quote]

I have enjoyed parts of each of the last 45 seasons. The season in league one would be in the top 10. Hard to seperate them out really. But enjoyable seasons are definitely not related to the status of the club.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:10 PM:

Nah.. I''m just little ol'' Norwich you find the really big egos in Texas...

End of discussion then...

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:10 PM: Nah.. I''m just little ol'' Norwich you find the really big egos in Texas... End of discussion then...[/quote]

If I had an ego bigger than texas would the discussion carry on then? You''re a rum little bugga winky...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:13 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:05 PM: Vanwink wrote: nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM: Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case. My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty. Your remarks actually explain a lot! And yet there''s so many posters who claim to have enjoyed league one more than last season where we finished 11th. That explains rather a lot more... And presumably you are one of them?

I have enjoyed parts of each of the last 45 seasons. The season in league one would be in the top 10. Hard to seperate them out really. But enjoyable seasons are definitely not related to the status of the club.

Looks to me as if being relegated would not be the end of the world for you, it would be for me! Maybe that''s why we can never agree,

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:13 PM: Vanwink wrote: nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:05 PM: Vanwink wrote: nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 6:56 PM: Well having witnessed posters on this forum forcasting the sky is about to fall in constantly for 8 years history would show that not to be the case. My sky did fall in when we went down the leagues Nutty. Your remarks actually explain a lot! And yet there''s so many posters who claim to have enjoyed league one more than last season where we finished 11th. That explains rather a lot more... And presumably you are one of them? I have enjoyed parts of each of the last 45 seasons. The season in league one would be in the top 10. Hard to seperate them out really. But enjoyable seasons are definitely not related to the status of the club. Looks to me as if being relegated would not be the end of the world for you, it would be for me! Maybe that''s why we can never agree,[/quote]

My world has ended many times over the years Winky. The first time when Hugh Curran was sold and at lots of different points onwards. That''s what supporting a football club long term is all about. Equally my sun has stopped shining because of bad results or runs during many of those seasons. That''s what a football season is all about.

If you really don''t want your world to end and have minimum days without sunshine my advice would be tojump ship now and look for a blue moon.

So I''m right.

That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too.

But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster.

I don''t see too many on here wanting to jump ship...more like steer in a different direction (away from the relegation zone). And for that...we need a new man at the wheel. I don''t see the point in going head long into the rocks when you could change course. Just an opinion!

[quote user="Vanwink"]So I''m right. That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too. But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster.[/quote]

Well we shall see winky. I think you''ll be ok. I think you''ll be able to put yourself through this all again next year whether it be with Hughton or the next poor bugga wiz wants to drive out. But I don''t see any end to the boredom of it all. I can already tell you the top 6 in 2015.

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:40 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

So I''m right. That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too. But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster.

Well we shall see winky. I think you''ll be ok. I think you''ll be able to put yourself through this all again next year whether it be with Hughton or the next poor bugga wiz wants to drive out. But I don''t see any end to the boredom of it all. I can already tell you the top 6 in 2015.

Well if your bored by it perhaps you should be the one to find another club mate!

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:40 PM: Vanwink wrote: So I''m right. That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too. But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster. Well we shall see winky. I think you''ll be ok. I think you''ll be able to put yourself through this all again next year whether it be with Hughton or the next poor bugga wiz wants to drive out. But I don''t see any end to the boredom of it all. I can already tell you the top 6 in 2015. Well if your bored by it perhaps you should be the one to find another club mate![/quote]

I could do but then again if I do I''ll miss the good times.

How about I just whine and wail and stamp my feet on here cuz the nasty football manager isn''t winning enough games...

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:49 PM:

Vanwink wrote:

nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:40 PM: Vanwink wrote: So I''m right. That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too. But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster. Well we shall see winky. I think you''ll be ok. I think you''ll be able to put yourself through this all again next year whether it be with Hughton or the next poor bugga wiz wants to drive out. But I don''t see any end to the boredom of it all. I can already tell you the top 6 in 2015. Well if your bored by it perhaps you should be the one to find another club mate!

I could do but then again if I do I''ll miss the good times.

How about I just whine and wail and stamp my feet on here cuz the nasty football manager isn''t winning enough games...

Or how about you just accept it !

[quote user="Vanwink"]nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:49 PM: Vanwink wrote: nutty nigel wrote the following post at 27/11/2013 7:40 PM: Vanwink wrote: So I''m right. That''s fine, I appreciate you have been a long term supporter and have seen many ups and downs, I have been a supporter for 15 years which is nowhere as long as you, and I have seen ups and downs too. But for me if we went down now it would be a disaster. Well we shall see winky. I think you''ll be ok. I think you''ll be able to put yourself through this all again next year whether it be with Hughton or the next poor bugga wiz wants to drive out. But I don''t see any end to the boredom of it all. I can already tell you the top 6 in 2015. Well if your bored by it perhaps you should be the one to find another club mate! I could do but then again if I do I''ll miss the good times. How about I just whine and wail and stamp my feet on here cuz the nasty football manager isn''t winning enough games... Or how about you just accept it ![/quote]

Well now.. I may have to because I sure don''t know another option. It''s not like it''s anything I can change is it?

But if you manage to get it sorted then I''ll take note of what you did for next time...