Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Will you resign Wz?

As Archant don''t pay me a dime I have nothing to resign from..................next.

[quote]Will you at least admit you were wrong? Or will you have found something else to moan about by then?[/quote]

Wrong about what?

You won''t see the happy clappers admitting they''re wrong if we get relegated!

Well, you''re certainly right about that , Alex.

No, come May the HC''s will be telling us all it''s part of a grand plan to get back to exciting Championship football, we''ll win the League by March, Hughton''s doing a great job......, blah blah blah.

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, you''re certainly right about that , Alex.

No, come May the HC''s will be telling us all it''s part of a grand plan to get back to exciting Championship football, we''ll win the League by March, Hughton''s doing a great job......, blah blah blah.[/quote]Nope, IF we get relegated I would be with you in wanting a change in manager/board. I just don''t think it will happen, and I don''t think we are in any real danger of it happening, and we weren''t last season either.IF we don''t go down will you lot admit you were wrong though. Somehow I don''t think so. You''ll all be too busy booing Snoddy or slagging off Delia.

Always that "if" word....Still if we''re not relegated at least

all you unhappy flappers can pat yourselves on the back and take pride

in knowing that you stood behind and supported your club even when

things weren''t going as well as you hoped.Oh wait a minute you can''t can you????

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, you''re certainly right about that , Alex.

No, come May the HC''s will be telling us all it''s part of a grand plan to get back to exciting Championship football, we''ll win the League by March, Hughton''s doing a great job......, blah blah blah.[/quote]Nope, IF we get relegated I would be with you in wanting a change in manager/board. I just don''t think it will happen, and I don''t think we are in any real danger of it happening, and we weren''t last season either.IF we don''t go down will you lot admit you were wrong though. Somehow I don''t think so. You''ll all be too busy booing Snoddy or slagging off Delia.[/quote]

I''ve asked Lakey this question (without reply as yet) ILFD, so I''ll ask you the same one:

Please explain to me the logic of waiting till we''re relegated before considering a change in direction.

Call me picky, if you like, but it just seems better to address the problem before it''s got out of control.

And, your assertion that we were never in any danger last season, or are this, could do with a bit of explanation , while you''re about it.

Who has said they''d wait ''til we are relegated before considering a change in direction. Have the board said it? Hughton? Posters on here? Or you reggie...

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Well, you''re certainly right about that , Alex.

No, come May the HC''s will be telling us all it''s part of a grand plan to get back to exciting Championship football, we''ll win the League by March, Hughton''s doing a great job......, blah blah blah.[/quote]Nope, IF we get relegated I would be with you in wanting a change in manager/board. I just don''t think it will happen, and I don''t think we are in any real danger of it happening, and we weren''t last season either.IF we don''t go down will you lot admit you were wrong though. Somehow I don''t think so. You''ll all be too busy booing Snoddy or slagging off Delia.[/quote]

I''ve asked Lakey this question (without reply as yet) ILFD, so I''ll ask you the same one:

Please explain to me the logic of waiting till we''re relegated before considering a change in direction.

Call me picky, if you like, but it just seems better to address the problem before it''s got out of control.

And, your assertion that we were never in any danger last season, or are this, could do with a bit of explanation , while you''re about it.[/quote]Ok - I haven''t said we should wait until relegation to make a change - I just don''t believe we are in any danger of being relegated (yet - that may change as the season progresses), and I believe that Hughton is the best man for the job of NCFC manager - you obviously disagree. We have 7 teams left to play yet til we''ve played them all once. These teams are Palace, Liverpool, West Brom, Swansea, Sunderland, Fulham, Man Utd. If you take out Liverpool and Man U, I would fancy us to get a result against any of those teams. In my opinion (again, yours obviously differs) we have only really played badly in 3 games this season (Hull away, Tottenham away, Man City away), and whilst some of the results (Cardiff at home, Villa at home) have been disappointing, I think most neutral observers would say we''ve been unlucky in those games. Last season we were NEVER in the bottom 3, and even after losing to Villa, were''nt ever in any real danger (despite several people on this message board working themselves up in a tiz about it.) There seems to be some fans who just don''t want Hughton here, and even when he gets good results try and find a negative in them. He has done a very good job in difficult circumstances bearing in mind the memories the fans held of the previous 3 seasons under PL. He deserves a chance to show how far he can take this team. If we end the season in our current position (16th) I may well think a change is in order because we''ll probably have under performed. But I for one (and the board obviously as well, and remember they see Mr. Hughton and the players working on a day to day basis) think we''ll finish higher.That a good enough answer for you?

There''s a bit of hair splitting going on with respect there, ILFD . But at least you''ve deigned to give a reasoned reply to my question without resorting to the insults favoured by others.

OK you think that relegation will not happen. Fair enough .But that''s not to say that it won''t . So you are essentially saying that if it were to happen , that''s when you''d change the manager. Which in fairness is a bit more revolutionary than some members I could mention who have publicly stated that they''d stick with Hoots even if we were to be in the Championship next season. I quite simply think that it might just be a good idea to consider it before it came to that. You don''t agree. again, fair enough.

We''ll also just have to beg to differ about whether we were in danger last season. To my mind, being 3 unfavourable results away from relegation is a tad close for my taste!

Personally, I think that CH has has time enough to stamp his authority on this squad. Notwithstanding some of the better results you mentioned, there is precious little evidence that things really are improving. The simple truth is that , despite what you say, if we continue to gather points at the rate we currently are, the chance is we WILL go down.

Is all we were shooting for to finish 17th? I thought we wsnted to improve, not regress.

The level of performance this year, with all the high-priced talent brought in this summer is not an improvement. It''s not even treading water.

THATS the problem, hap claps.

Reggie, when you used the abbreviation HC earlier, I thought you meant me, Houston Canary, and wondered what you thought I''d said.

Of course this conveniently forgets to mention that half the league were just 3 unfavourable results from relegation and to be any better off would have needed a top half finish. But you carry on distorting Reggie...

But why?

Sorry, no Houston . I was not implying that you are a happy clapper . I know their numbers are disappearing down the pan on a daily basis, but I doubt if you''re ever likely to be tempted to join them !

Note to self....must stop using abbreviations as it causes confusion.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Is all we were shooting for to finish 17th? I thought we wsnted to improve, not regress.

The level of performance this year, with all the high-priced talent brought in this summer is not an improvement. It''s not even treading water.

THATS the problem, hap claps.

Reggie, when you used the abbreviation HC earlier, I thought you meant me, Houston Canary, and wondered what you thought I''d said.[/quote]Can we stop with this ''happy clapper'' bull cr@p. I am NOT a happy clapper just because I am happy with who is running the club at the moment. As I teenager I was happy to get involved in all the ''Chase Out'' stuff. And I remember having several ''heated debates'' with fellow supporters in that horrible season of 2008-09 when others would still clap and cheer the team off despite some truly dire performances. And that''s why I can''t help but get annoyed with people''s negativity now, when I can''t really see whats so bad

Houston.. what is a happy clapper? And what name should we use for the likes of Reggie who continually spin the truth to put down our club?

Despite some of the lies peddled by others, ILFD, there''s nothing I''d love more than to become a happy clapper.

I dream of a situation where Norwich City go on a decent run of form, perhaps playing some interesting football into the bargain. Where everyone is happy, and we all come out of FCR clapping.

If that was to be the case, then Archant would probably have to close this forum down through lack of use !

With respect,it''s silly to compare our current situation with the Chase out era or 08/09. But you surely cannot be surprised that lots of us are worried that the club is steadily embarking on a downward spiral, and wish to nip it in the bud.It''s not a question of talking the club down, but hoping that it continues to keep as near to the top as possible.

nn, you already know what a happy clapper is.

Titanic is sinking and a happy clapper focuses on what a beautiful, starry calm night it is. Ok, the ship went down but have you ever seen so many stars!

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Despite some of the lies peddled by others, ILFD, there''s nothing I''d love more than to become a happy clapper.

I dream of a situation where Norwich City go on a decent run of form, perhaps playing some interesting football into the bargain. Where everyone is happy, and we all come out of FCR clapping.

If that was to be the case, then Archant would probably have to close this forum down through lack of use !

With respect,it''s silly to compare our current situation with the Chase out era or 08/09. But you surely cannot be surprised that lots of us are worried that the club is steadily embarking on a downward spiral, and wish to nip it in the bud.It''s not a question of talking the club down, but hoping that it continues to keep as near to the top as possible.[/quote]Fair enough - but because I disagree with you on that one point, I don''t think we are on a downward spiral, and I can''t see why you (and many others think that) does NOT make me a ''happy clapper'' so please refrain from calling me one.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]nn, you already know what a happy clapper is.

Titanic is sinking and a happy clapper focuses on what a beautiful, starry calm night it is. Ok, the ship went down but have you ever seen so many stars![/quote]Then what do you call someone who is on a cruise around the Caribbean on the QE2 but spends the whole time lying on their bed worrying about the boat sinking instead of enjoying the cruise?

[quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Despite some of the lies peddled by others, ILFD, there''s nothing I''d love more than to become a happy clapper.

With respect,it''s silly to compare our current situation with the Chase out era or 08/09. But you surely cannot be surprised that lots of us are worried that the club is steadily embarking on a downward spiral, and wish to nip it in the bud.It''s not a question of talking the club down, but hoping that it continues to keep as near to the top as possible.[/quote]Fair enough - but because I disagree with you on that one point, I don''t think we are on a downward spiral, and I can''t see why you (and many others think that) does NOT make me a ''happy clapper'' so please refrain from calling me one.[/quote]

Erm, I''ve just scrolled through this thread, ILFD and I cannot actuallly see where I DID call you a happy clapper. I cannot recall doing so. Was it on another thread. Please advise.

Haha love that! And this guy does it all the while from thousands of miles away complaining about how bad and embarrassing it is.

Gettin beat 7-0 by man city must be hard if your on another continent. All those Ipswich fans at work giving you grief lol

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"][quote user="I Love Fernando Derveld"][quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Despite some of the lies peddled by others, ILFD, there''s nothing I''d love more than to become a happy clapper.

With respect,it''s silly to compare our current situation with the Chase out era or 08/09. But you surely cannot be surprised that lots of us are worried that the club is steadily embarking on a downward spiral, and wish to nip it in the bud.It''s not a question of talking the club down, but hoping that it continues to keep as near to the top as possible.[/quote]Fair enough - but because I disagree with you on that one point, I don''t think we are on a downward spiral, and I can''t see why you (and many others think that) does NOT make me a ''happy clapper'' so please refrain from calling me one.[/quote]

Erm, I''ve just scrolled through this thread, ILFD and I cannot actuallly see where I DID call you a happy clapper. I cannot recall doing so. Was it on another thread. Please advise.[/quote]You didn''t call me it, but you implied than anyone who did not agree with your point of view was a happy clapper. You know you did so don''t try to deny it.

Oh, for heaven''s sake, Fernando. Get over yourself. I did not invent the term, Happy Clapper, and it''s a jocular term used by dozens of people to describe the uber positives on this Forum.

It''s not meant maliciously, and you''ve admitted that I did not use it to you as a direct insult.

When you compare it to some of the insults and name calling indulged in by Nige and a few others, it''s pretty tame stuff.

But, you have my word, I''ll never refer to you personally as a HC again . OK ?