Sign in to follow this  
NWC

City old boy Andrew Crofts

Good piece on Crofts below. Glad to see him doing well at Brighton - and has scored 5 goals so far! I don''t know about "I''ve always chipped in with the goals wherever I''ve been", but certainly remember him scoring a belter volley for us - was it against Leeds?Anyhoo - always did ok for us, couldn''t fault the effort, but the skill was lacking at times. http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11741/9045006/seagulls-soaring

Terrific attitude from a player who obviously loves the game and is more interested in playing than warming the bench. [Y]

One of my favourites during the Champ years. Just not good enough for the Prem. He was honest enough to move down a level so he could get more games, rather than just picking up a wage sitting on the bench.

Brilliant goal against Barnsley.

Good luck to him.

[quote user="Herman "]One of my favourites during the Champ years. Just not good enough for the Prem. He was honest enough to move down a level so he could get more games, rather than just picking up a wage sitting on the bench. Brilliant goal against Barnsley. Good luck to him.[/quote]

Whilst I agree about him falling short of having premiership ability, I''d still rather him over BJ.

Not so sure about that Herman.

Crofts did look completely out of his depth at this level.

Surprising though because he was one that people thought would make the step up.

does anyone give a sh*t what Patrick Boyle, Jens Berthal Askou or Dejan Stefanovic are doing now either???no, didnt think so

I meant not so sure about that Lincoln, not Herman sorry.

OP..... why aren''t you so sure about "I''ve always chipped in with the goals wherever I''ve been"...

... scored 8 goals from midfield in our promotion season.

He did score plenty of goals for a deep midfielder, was one of the best thing about him! Just didn''t cut it in this division.

It''s not really that surprising, the only way you will know if a player can play at a higher level is to put him there, you can''t judge on past performance, the PL is completely different, the main thing being speed of thought, you can''t really judge that till it''s tested.

No but when you move up a division you usually assume that your weakest players struggle and your strongest players thrive.

I can remember when people were saying we desperately needed to replace John Ruddy!

Fox and Crofts were a quality partnership in our promotion season. One had an excellent PL season, the other did not. Luck of the draw I suppose.

A lot of it is probably mental, having true belief in yourself. Crofts just looked well out of his depth, while other players held their own for a year or more.... Fox had a quality first season.

I love Crofty, don''t get me wrong, but even in the championship he struggled when he was in possession and was put under pressure! he struggled when he played for Wales as well, so not good indicators for PL success.

I was surprised he struggled when we came up. There were two players I backed to be good enough when we came up. Him, and Grant Holt. Dont know why there is surprise with the goals statement? Didnt he score 8 goals for us in the championship or something? Remember he was definitely our top scorer at one point. Good for him moving to play football, but always wondered if we ditched him too soon. I also feel he is much better than BJ