Sign in to follow this  
city4eva

match fixing

If the current arrests involve any premiership games maybe there is no hope or even any point, even if they dont involve premiership games but lower leagues it is sickening to think that a game I may have been to in all faith has been fixed

So it''s actually factually incorrect when people say ''We can''t buy a win at the moment''. Should we all chip in for a one-nil this weekend?

Not that i''m planning to anytime soon but just how would you actually go about fixing the result of a football match? I mean with 22 players on the pitch there are just so many if''s and possible things that could happen how could you possibly "fix" things to go in your favour enough to put a bet on? It''s not a simple as just bunging a keeper a few quid to let in a goal. I guess you can''t fix a result or scoreline unless you have buy in from the majority of players on the pitch. I would assume that you would "fix" things like number of throw-ins substitutions etc?

I read an article about the 1998 world cup, the year Michele Platini was voted to UEFA and the year France won the world cup, despite being a pretty ordinary side... the stuff in the final with Ronaldo etc....EURO 2000 was Platini''s first tournament, watch the semi final against Portugal again... have a look at who won that tournament.the next Euro''s is in France....the article wasn''t directly hinting at anything... but those at the top might have an idea of what goes on when Money is the be all and end all.

I wouldn''t say France were ordinary in 98 or 2000 Jas, any team with Zidane in had the capability to win tournaments.

anyone remember our match at home to Derby a few years ago coming under suspiscion after dubious middle eastern betting patterns?

all unfounded at the time of course, but I was partly hoping there may have been some truth in it as to explain the losses at the time under Roeder....sadly it turned out we were just sh!t..