Sign in to follow this  
I Love Fernando Derveld

Murphy to start Saturday?

Its a pipe dream as I already stated in another thread.

Olsson will start on the left in front of Garrido.

If we wants to REALLY think outside the box then we may play Hoolahan out there. Or revert to the diamond which has worked wonders before...

I do think the left wing slot is between Olsson and Murphy - my preference is olsson to start and use murphys pace as impact from 60-70 mins if needed.

What we cannot do is either waste hoolahan out there (his is effective only in the middle) or play just 4 in the middle - we will be overrun and risk losing a winnable game. 

Hughton has just said that both Murphy''s are now a viable option given the injuries to Snodgrass and Pilkington.

Murph deffo on the bench, Olsson on left Saturday. Elmander and Hooper up front a la West Ham. Not Hooly on left would be a disaster. We need experience not youthful promise hope Josh gets 20 minutes when we are 3-0 up. Some hope. Next manager to give Josh and Becchio more game time.

One of the reasons Olsson was bought, as I understood it, was that he can provide left midfield cover if needs be - Was hoping not to need him there, but he''s certainly more than capable.

Having said that - we''re almost certainly going to need both Murphy twins over the next few months now, and there''s not going to be a better game than palace to give them experience and hopefully grow their confidence...

I would like to see both Murphys starting, with Fer and Howson in the middle and Hooper and Elmander up front - but as others have said, CH will go for the ''safe'' option of Garrido at LB and Olsson in front of him.

Can you really blame him? In our first must win game of the season, surely he has to go with experience rather than two teenagers that have 10 minutes of PL football between them. No disrespect to Jacob and Josh, but if they were to flop and we were to lose, CH would look a right knob.

Ease them in and see how they do, don''t just throw them both on from the start against what will probably be an incredibly physical Palace side. Could totally destroy their confidence.

I hope so, otherwise we have only one fit winger in Redmond. I am not happy to push Olsson forward as this will weaken the back four, and they are already struggling.

I am not suggesting that he can repeat the goal he scored in the Cup, but he does have a good shot, possibly better than Redmond. He is direct, has real pace and can dribble. If he starts, he could just nick a goal before we concede, or create one, and who knows what could happen if we score first for once. The one he scored in the Cup led from almost certain defeat to victory, as Hooper built on it.

He is young, although not much younger than Redmond. He may tire before the end if he runs himself into the ground. If his presence leads us to score first, builds up confidence and produces a good performance, then starting with him would prove to be good. What have we got to lose?

We could lose years of good development on two excellent young players if they''re shown not to be up to it, both play stinkers and have their confidence obliterated.

Not ready, game to important.Why do people feel that Murphy is going to come in scoring hattricks or something ? If he did you would all start crying as some money bags club raced in and stole him for 2m anyway !

Should one or both of the Murphys be given a chance to show what they can do ?....YES

Should Becchio be given a chance to show what he can do ? ....YES

Will either things happen ?......NO

[quote user="Reggie Strayshun"]Should one or both of the Murphys be given a chance to show what they can do ?....YES

Should Becchio be given a chance to show what he can do ? ....YES

Will either things happen ?......NO[/quote]

I agree Reggie. LB must be really p**sed off by now. He has to be worth 45 minutes at least. I would probably use Josh as a sub but give him enough time...not 3 minutes at the end (the usually clueless trick).

Surely with the injurys we''ve got out wide we should go 4-3-3 with a midfield of Howson, Fer and Johnson and and a front three of Becchio, Hooper and Redmond. Although that''s probably far to diverse for the tactically inept Hughton.