Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Villa getting an early stuffing

Robbie Savage, BBC Radio 5 live at the Hawthorns
West Brom 2-0 Aston Villa

"If I was Paul Lambert I''d be raging at my back four, that is two consecutive errors that have led to the opening two goals."

Defensive errors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that no-one can stop them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree. It''s got to the point now where I''m looking at other teams games and working out who needs to win to make things as best as possible for us.

It will be interesting to see how Villa do now they''re in the same position we were on Saturday.

Although all defeats result in the same number of points, it''s the manner of the defeat which can be instructive.  Villa should be back in this but for some awful finishing, and are at least creating chances and pushing forwards to get back into it.  Compare that to our litany of meek surrenders.Still, I suppose on the Villa boards they are blaming Lambert for that awful Bacuna pass that created the first WBA goal, and for Benteke not currently being able to hit a cow''s arse with a banjo.  After all, he picks them, he coaches them, he does the tactics, he gives them confidence etc etc etc.

Two teams that are playing entertaining football. Better in 45 than most of the negatively coached dross I''ve watched this season. No subs to be made on 89 minutes from these managers.....Lambert will make a change between 62 and 67 minutes. Clarke will respond. That is the difference between our team and these two...management and coaching. It''s so frustrating that we could be as good .....if only. I still think Ricardo both these teams will end the season midtable....of course would love Villa to be in the relegation mix.

"Still, I suppose on the Villa boards they are blaming Lambert for that awful Bacuna pass that created the first WBA goal, and for Benteke not currently being able to hit a cow''s arse with a banjo.  After all, he picks them, he coaches them, he does the tactics, he gives them confidence etc etc etc."

Indeed they are...

"The better manager''s team is winning the game, simple."

"Lambert doesn''t appear to have the balls to change this and admit the team is wrong.

As against Cardiff it is so obvious what needs to happen. "

"Every single one of us knows that this team and formation is shite.

Lambert has not given us a chance in this game. "

We had 3 glorious years under Lambert and I can''t help thinking some fans on here seem to think villa are enjoying some of their own now.

[quote user="sonyc"]Two teams that are playing entertaining football. Better in 45 than most of the negatively coached dross I''ve watched this season. No subs to be made on 89 minutes from these managers.....Lambert will make a change between 62 and 67 minutes. Clarke will respond. That is the difference between our team and these two...management and coaching. It''s so frustrating that we could be as good .....if only. I still think Ricardo both these teams will end the season midtable....of course would love Villa to be in the relegation mix.[/quote]

WBA look the stronger side to me. Villa defence very suspect when they can''t play that "on the counter" game. As I''ve said on numerous occasions conceding early away from home reduces your options and leaves you vulnerable.

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]"Still, I suppose on the Villa boards they are blaming Lambert for that awful Bacuna pass that created the first WBA goal, and for Benteke not currently being able to hit a cow''s arse with a banjo.  After all, he picks them, he coaches them, he does the tactics, he gives them confidence etc etc etc."

Indeed they are...

"The better manager''s team is winning the game, simple."

"Lambert doesn''t appear to have the balls to change this and admit the team is wrong.

As against Cardiff it is so obvious what needs to happen. "

"Every single one of us knows that this team and formation is shite.

Lambert has not given us a chance in this game
. "

We had 3 glorious years under Lambert and I can''t help thinking some fans on here seem to think villa are enjoying some of their own now.[/quote]Everybody''s an expert, except the manager and coaches apparently.You have to larf![:D]

[quote user="Mark rivers "]Live the dream Wiz manages to get rid of mcnasty. Villa sack the messiah and we can get rid of hughton and the second coming can begin[/quote] Shortly followed by the second departure. 

Yep. He tries to create momentum. WBA have looked best team but if Villa get one goal in next 10 then the match will pivot. When did we last create momentum? This is not a Lambert love in by the way......just a comment that at least he has more tactical awareness

Another awful miss from WBA. They could be out of sight but if Villa get one it could be interesting.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]When did we last create momentum?

Second half against West Ham.[/quote]

We didn''t create it, Jaaskelainen did.

Great example here from Lambert of what Hughton is not capable of. 2-0 down away Lambert makes a triple change early in the 2nd half goes 3-4-3 throws on two strikers and Villa instantly improve get a goal back and now hunting an equaliser. You never see that from the usless Hughton, does the guy actually know anything about tactics?

2-2 WBA paying the penalty for their misses.Typical Lambert though. He was always a lucky manager but knew when to call it a day as Villa will no doubt find out one day.

triple substitution and now its 2-2irrespective of it being lambert it highlights exactly what clueless chris lacks

hughton would have let it stay 2-0 for 70 minutes without doing anything