Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Where were the Pant Wetters last night?

It seems the Happy Clappers were out in force but the Pant Wetters were conspicuous by their absence. They make an awful lot of noise on here but were strangely silent when they had the opportunity to voice their concerns when they had the chance. Does it mean that none of them own any shares?  Do they even go to games?  Is their in-depth knowledge of all things NCFC gained through watching dodgy streams, listening to pundits on MOTD and Canary Callers?  Why didn''t one of them stand up and demand the manager is sacked?What does all this pant wetting achieve.....chaps? [*-)]

Seriously? What a pathetic thread. Are you really suggesting that if people live away from Norwich they can''t have an opinion? Because I can''t get to games then my opinion doesn''t count? I certainly want to see the back of CH. That doesn''t make me a Pant Wetter; it makes me a supporter because I want the best for the club. I think you need to grow-up. I for one wont be wetting my pants over football - there are far more important things.

[quote user="Paris Lees Missing Tackle"]Silly lap''s I was sat with your misses doing my job........making her pants wet. she loved it, first time she''s smiled in ages[/quote]What a coincidence. I was with yours showing her how it should be done. She didn''t smile though, more of a grimmace.I found out she''s very religious, she kept saying "Jesus Christ" under her breath. I can see why you make other women smile now. [:D]

This thread smacks of a mis placed belief of self importance. Whats the view like from your pedestal your majesty?

I was at the AGM last night and I must admit that I missed all the ringing endorsements that came from the audience towards Hughton, Lappin.I am assuming from the title of this thread that you were inferring that there was no criticism that went Hughton''s way and all the questioners were happy about the way the season is going?Funny - all I heard were concerns being raised about results,substitutions,team selections.....

[quote user="lappinitup"]But did you hear anyone asking Hughton to resign / be sacked Levi?[/quote]No and I never expected that to happen for one second. Hughton is a decent man (if not a manager..) and generally the people who attend AGM''s are on the whole a decent lot too. He doesn''t deserve to be publicly hounded. I don''t recall Roeder getting asked to resign at the AGM he attended either?On a side note,Hugton followed me down the stairs to the ground floor and I held the door open to the street expecting him to follow. I had my line ready: " will I be the first one to show you the door out of Carrow Road this year Chris?".....Alas he turned left and went into the press room instead.[:D]

The board had plenty of positivity without being asked and no negativity without being asked. They offered opinions as to where the club would be at the end of the season but gave no indication where Hughton would be. Mind you crabby, they weren''t asked.

Levi sums up the evening very accurately. There was a very large turnout and I am sure it was nothing to do with the accounts. All the talk of millions, branding, social media etc made my stomach churn as it clearly represents the money men screwing all the cash they can from a game of football. I think the turnout was because the shareholders wanted Hughton to be given a grilling, but as people said as they walked away "he got off lightly". He really frustrates me as he tends to answer all questions in a careful political style and says little of any substance. On substitutes, for example, he merely stated that was his decision, and that was it. He could not really provide a justifiable football reason.

Towards the end he went on about tactics, dangers in pressing good sides, respecting the opposition etc. I was bursting to stand up and say, but Chris lets get the basics right first i.e. passing in to space, taking on an opponent, showing some pace down the flanks, midfield moving up to support a lone striker etc. But as Levi suggests trying to make a Premier League manager look niaive in front of the Board and the public, will take a certain amount of courage and would it achieve anything.

Did actually speak to McNally afterwards and found him very approachable and whilst he was obviously guarded I felt he was very much aware of the concerns being expressed. Told him I thought the Club as a gesture of their "community spirit" should provide a free beer etc at a future AGM. He did not disagree !!

Well I don''t know what you were doing in your exciting life. But I was happy to spend my Tuesday evening in the company of so many friends. Met a new one as well, a cracking bloke called VOS. Hope Eastenders was good....

[quote user="alartz"]I actually have a life.

You should try it sometime. Instead of going to a pointless meeting where you make no difference whatsoever[/quote]

Did Ipshite not have their usual lower league game on Tuesday night then Binboy?

[quote user="Feed the Wolf"]Seriously? What a pathetic thread. Are you really suggesting that if people live away from Norwich they can''t have an opinion? Because I can''t get to games then my opinion doesn''t count? I certainly want to see the back of CH. That doesn''t make me a Pant Wetter; it makes me a supporter because I want the best for the club. I think you need to grow-up. I for one wont be wetting my pants over football - there are far more important things.[/quote]

Its not that your opinion doesn''t count, its just that you have no leg to stand on as all you can see is the highlights and league table and not how we are playing. (By the way better than last season...and we finished 11th)

I''m not a share holder,which presumably denies my attendance from an AGM, but I''ve put plenty of my money in this club through 34 consecutive season tickets, aswell as watching us regularly away from home since I left school and was able to do so 23 years ago.....so I ''m qualifying myself on that basis to have an opinion, AGM or not...................and if you dont believe there is currently cause for a little pant wetting given our record under Hughton in either 2013 as a calendar year or if you''d prefer solely on the record of this season alone, I''d suggest you go and make another ostich head shaped hole in the sand.

face facts....we''re going down with Hughton in charge, as the saying goes....''if you can''t be a good manager, be a lucky one''...I dont think he''s either and this current crop of injuries only nails this home.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

The board had plenty of positivity without being asked and no negativity without being asked. They offered opinions as to where the club would be at the end of the season but gave no indication where Hughton would be. Mind you crabby, they weren''t asked.

[/quote]

Did they come out and publicly state they backed him Nutty?

Fact is there must be shareholders out there that want Hughton out and they didn''t make that clear in any way when thy had the opportunity. They completely bottled it.

Pant Wetters?

Really? So thats your opinion of the people that are sick to death of Hughtons Norwich City and have had enough. I dont understand this notion that the outers are cowards and not up for the fight. Somebody said this once and it seems to have stuck.

Well im far from being a coward, im most definitely up for the fight and this is why i want Hughton out

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151725822416816&set=a.49625686815.72345.729641815&type=1

And before anyone says its only 6 games, if this stretched back to January it wouldnt look to different.

Theres no pant wetting going on, I just want us to start winning football matches again on a regular basis.

"Huckerbys Boots - Matt"

Well im far from being a coward, im most definitely up for the fight and this is why i want Hughton out

How are you planning to demonstrate this ''far from being a coward'' and ''up for the fight''?

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

"Huckerbys Boots - Matt"

How are you planning to demonstrate this ''far from being a coward'' and ''up for the fight''?

[/quote]

Why have i got to demonstrate it?