Sign in to follow this  
Dicky

Only on this board

Do people get pilloried for getting behind their team. All free to have our opinions, but surely we should respect people who support our team shouldn''t we?

Can you give an example?

Do you mean team as in the players, or team including Hughton?

Most of the arguments on here are about the management team, don''t see many people slagging off the players.

If you took your idea to it''s logical conclusion Dicky, then there''d be no need for this board as there''d be no room for dissenting voices.

Are you sure you''d not be better off living in Stalinist Russia or North Korea ?

Dicky can speak for himself but I think he is talking about the tone of the exchanges. We all support the team but likewise we all have opinions on what is going on.

However some seem incapable of putting their opinions forward in a civilized tone which interrupts the debate and can descend into the "pillorying" he refers to. But he needs to realise that both "sides" in the Hughton Out debate have been equally culpable at times.

Players have got to take a bit of responsibility too. The reason we lost on Saturday was because of individual errors. It wasn''t helped by CH acting too late to change the game so he''s the scape goat once again.

[quote user="Nicko"]Players have got to take a bit of responsibility too. The reason we lost on Saturday was because of individual errors. It wasn''t helped by CH acting too late to change the game so he''s the scape goat once again.[/quote]Sorry I can''t follow the logic.The cause was individual errors you admit this yet you still scapegoat CH for the late substitutions. 

No he added fuel to the fire. We were 2-0 down because of individual errors. But CH is the scape goat because he didn''t make the subs early enough.

Really, Saturday was the players fault. I''m not against Hughton here.

Some people are incapable of putting their opinions forward without making stuff up or distorting the facts to show our club in a bad light. I doubt anyone can find an excuse for that or tell me how that can be construed as having the best interests of the club at heart.

As for the ranters on both sides... long may it continue. They achieve absolutely nothing except setting themselves up for ridicule which can be entertaining on a dull day....

I was probably being generous and taking Tumbleweed''s comments as genuine. If they''re not then add them to the list of posters distorting facts....

[quote user="Nicko"]

Really, Saturday was the players fault. I''m not against Hughton here.[/quote]The buck really does seem to stop with the manager in the modern game, perhaps I miss the days when sometimes it was the fault of the players on the pitch? Even in a game which was probably ultimately decided by a couple of fundamental goal keeping errors, the threads slating John Ruddy are notable by their absence yet there has been no shortage of criticism of the manager in the interim. I''m just not sure that it''s entirely healthy for the players to become above "a little balanced" reproach from the fans.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Nutty, can you give me an example of a ranting Hughton Inner? I can''t think of one for the life of me.[/quote]That troll named Buh that popped his head up in the last few weeks. He appears to be pro hughton as well as ranting and making insulting comments at other users?

Hmm. Possibly, I can''t remember the progress of his arguments. But generally the situation usually works out a la Basil Fawlty with the Germans:

Basil: Is there something wrong?

Elder Herr: Will you stop talking about the war?

Basil: Me! You started it!

Elder Herr: We did not start it!

Basil: Yes you did — you invaded Poland.

[quote user="Dicky"]Do people get pilloried for getting behind their team. All free to have our opinions, but surely we should respect people who support our team shouldn''t we?[/quote]

I think I was one step away from receiveing death threats the last time I suggested we enjoy the next match and support Chris Hughton. Some people just love a moan mate.