Jimmy Bone - Superstar

Team for Palace

Who cares with Hughton in charge?

Personally i would go 4-3-3

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson

Howson Fer Johnson

Becchio RVW Hooper

But you, me and everyone conected with Palace know''s how clueless Chris will line up saturday.

think we could try some wing backs, 532 when defending and 352 attacking, nothing else is working so why not                   ruddy                  bassong              Bennett    turner   whittaker                        olsson              howson    fer                  redmond             hooper     wolf

4-3-3

GK. Ruddy

LB. Olsson

CB. Bennett

CB. Bassong

RB. Whittaker

DM. Fer

CM. Howson

CM. Hoolahan

AML. Redmond

AMR. Hooper

ST. RVW (Should be fit, hopefully)

I see the midfield as the main cause of our poor performances, i.e. poor passing, slow moving forward etc, not closing down the opposition, so why not do away with it altogether and play 5-0-5 and just hoof the ball into the opponents box for 90 minutes, someone is sure to get at least one effort on target, which is more that we are doing currently. Whether that one chance would be converted is highly impropable though!

Ruddy

Turner Bennett

Whits Olsson

Martin

Fer Howson

Redmond Murphy

Hooper/RVW

Allowing Whits and Olsson to get forward to link with the two pacey wingers with Martin able to drop back to make a back three when they do.

Also gives us extra cover when defending with Martin, able to drop into a back five.

This should allow us to get to the by line and CROSS the bl**dy thing into a proven header of the ball. Fer and Howson then breaking into the box to poach on knock downs. BLISS

Presuming there''s no Snoddy, Pilks or Ricky:

4-4-1-1

Ruddy

Whitts Bennett Bassong Garrido

Redmond Howson Fer Olsson

Emander

Hooper

Or "Elmander" for those who (unlike me) check for typos at this time in the evening...

There''s no point in typing who the starting XI will be because Hughton won''t play them or the system.

Obviously CH will be praising the mighty Palace beforehand and telling us how lucky we are to play against them as we really shouldn''t be in this league and it will be hard for us etc etc, so negative tactics all the way.

I''m sick to the guts of Hughton and the sooner he goes the better. I want to see our football back as it isn''t happening under CH.

Ruddy

Bennett Bassong

Whittaker Fer Ollsson

Redmond Howson RvW Hoolahan Murphy

Swap RvW for Hooper depending on fitness.

I know a bet defensive but we have been shipping goals lately!

Snake

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson

Redmond Fer Hoolahan Howson Murphy

Hooper/RVP[/quote]
If its between Hooper or Van Persie, I guess we pick Van Persie [;)]

I think we will get an eleven that will probably be just about all we have that are match fit, and I personally would just like to see Whittaker and Bassong part of that eleven and NO major change in shape and no radical tactical changes (yes I know some will certainly disagree with that) . Its about mindset and confidence right now and that''s the biggest priority for the management team, get that right and the team CH picks will be very capable of beating Palace in what will certainly be a dour scrap against a side that has kept two clean sheets in the previous two games and who under Pulis we take lightly at our peril.  

The crucial position for me is in the centre of midfield, where we have no-one able to fill the void caused by Tettey''s absence. Surely even the manager has accepted by now that Johnson is not up to it - he was part of the defensive failures for both of Newcastle''s goals. Arguably the best player to fill this position is Fer, but as he is probably the only player to score at the moment we need him higher up the pitch. If we don''t feel able to use one of the U21, say McGeehan, or Whittaker, then this would be my team, on the assumption that neither Pilks nor Snoddy is fit.

Ruddy

Whittaker, Bennett, Turner, Olsson

Redmond, Fer, Martin, Howson, Murphy (Josh)

Elmander (or RvW, Hooper, or Becchio)

This is not a strong side, but our resources are very stretched. We would have effective pace on the wings, and rely on Howson and Fer to get forward to pick up touches from Elmander. I haven''t solved the problem of  Tettey''s absence, especially as tackling is not one of Martin''s greatest strengths, but I think that Martin reads a game better than most, and certainly better than Johnson.

If it transpires that Bassong has recovered what he as lost, then he could replace Turner.

I''m not sure about Martin in midfield. It''s not a role he''s familiar with and he''s not playing particularly well in his usual position. I think he''d be given the run around.

I''d also pick Turner and Bassong together (if Bassong is up to speed). They''re our best defenders. It was a superb partnership for us last season and I don''t see why it can''t be again. Get Whittaker back in too. He was dropped far too hastily.

Other than that it''s hard to say without knowing the fitness of Snodgrass and Pilkington but it seems unlikely we''ll see both of them against Palace. I''d guess Snodgrass is the more likely to make it.

Ruddy                     Bennet                   Turner                   BassongMartin                                                                                           Olsson                                                          Howson                   Fer                                                Hooloahan                          RVW (Becchio if not fit)   Hooper

Id have the OPs line up, but Id play Elmander as Hoopers strike partner rather than in a 4-5-1 and focus on wing play. Would like to see Becchio given a shot instead of Elmander but think this is highly unlikely. If 4-5-1 was mandatory, I would play Hoolahan behind Hooper

Pilks, Snoddy, RvW to come straight into the line up if fit.  If not I would go with

Ruddy

Martin Bennett Turner Garrido

Whittaker

Redmond  Fer  Howson  Olsson

Elmander

Go 442 if we need a goal with 25 mins to go - swap whittaker for Hooper,  then Becchio for Elmander as he tires.  Finally Murphy for Garrido.

More importantly is we play with a west ham second half/stoke level of intensity and positioned high up the pitch, pressing game

If Pilky and Snoddy are out, let''s go back to the diamond...Ruddy

Whittaker, Turner, Bennett, Olsson

Johnson

Fer Howson

Redmond

Hooper RVW

The problem player is Johnson. His form has been atrocious, but without Tettey he''s our option for the holding role. Fer could play well there, but that would waste his attacking talent. I''d love to see Redmond get a game behind the strikers, his dribbling and shooting could cause some real problems. If RVW is not fit, then put Becchio or Elmander up top with Hooper. I think either could work, and I would love to see Becchio get a game.I think going with the diamond would be better than starting both Redmond and Murphy on the wings - of course we could also play Garrido and push Olsson onto the left wing

Knowing what we know now, including Murphy we have 18 fit players, i think Hughton will go like this:

Ruddy

Martin

Turner

Bassong

Garrido

Redmond

Fer

Howson

Olsson

Elmander

Hooper

Nash Whittaker Bennett Johnson Hoolahan Murphy Becchio

knowing whos injured id go 4231ruddy, whittaker, garrido, bennett, bassong, at the back, howson and fer holding, redmond right, olsson left, hoolahan in the hole and hooper up front

i think we are probably going to lose the next 3 games whoever we put out there :(

Here''s an adventurous one..

Bennett is good with the ball and can ping the ball about.. so I''m putting him in a deep DM role to do Tettey''s job.

The main idea of this formation is to pass well and create chances against a poor side who we should be aiming to dominate. But Bennett & Fer should still give us bite to regain the ball.

Howson & Hoolahan to try through balls, or put it on Becchio''s head - to flick on to Hooper.

Becchio is also good at holding up the ball, and I''m sure he''d kill to play and prove himself.

PS RVW is injured.

Ruddy

Whittaker Turner Bassong Olsson

Bennett

Howson Fer Hoolahan

Becchio Hooper

Ruddy

Whittaker Bennett Bassong Olsson

Fer Howson

Redmond Hoolahan JoshMurphy

Hooper

Bench: Nash, Martin, Garrido, Johnson, Jacob Murphy, Elmander, Becchio

(i know that means dropping Turner from the squad altogether, but wouldn''t really want 3xdefenders on the bench, and the two listed cover all 4 slots in case of injury).