Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

Kyle Callan McFadden...young players and attitudes ?

Last summer i was attending the Kennedy Cup Tournament at the University of Limerick. Its a five day Tournament played between the 32 league representative u14 teams. One of the Fai staff that knows i am i Norwich fan told me that Kyle was at the tournament helping out with the Donegal Schoolboys League Team ( incidentally Donegal play in Green and yellow too). looked him up and congratulated him on the yth Cup win, told him that i''d gone over specially for the first leg, picked up at stansted by a mate that travelled up from cornwall, he was rather taken aback. My question is that these days , is it common or unusual for a young promising player to give up a week of his summer to do this kind of thing, almost certainly unpaid. Does anyone know what young players do during close season? Do Clubs provide courses/internships or whatever? Any info please. Cheerrs

He is from Donegal so perhaps he was helping out because he had previously played for them or has friends or relatives involved with that team?

Still, sounds like a decent lad taking his time to do that. We do seem to get many more good eggs than bad eggs at our club.

Yep LJ he played for Donegal in the Kennedy cup 5 or so years back, our league, West Cork Scholboys, have a lad of the same age at Sunderland(they have played together for Ireland), its very good for the game over here that boys that are not from the big cities getting a chance.It was good to see him helping the younger lads but not acting the bigshot at all. Whatever the present rumbles in the senior team, the academy are doing great stuff.