Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Ollson, Becchio, Whittaker

Play Ollson on the left wing with Garrido at left back and give Becchio a run out alongside Hooper. Bring back Bassong and Whittaker in place of Turner and Martin. That''s what I would do but I doubt Becchio will be given a chance after this weeks rant.

Bassong needs to up his game after the Man City game. If he doesn''t do it against Crystal Palace then we desperately need a new centre back. Whittaker is also on trial.

Play Whittaker, Turner, Bassong and Garrido across the back with Olsson infront of Garrido.

That back 4 was our best last season and is still more or less our best now - apart from the issue of Olsson or Garrido at left back.

Good call but will Hughton play them i.e. Garrido or has he decided they are surplus to requirements. CH doesn''t keep the squad happy probably as pissed off as the fans.

Can''t see why Turner should be dropped, he kept Norwich in the game against West Ham at times.

Olsson is a better player than Garrido and has rightly been keeping him on the bench. Personally I''d rather start with Redmond and Murphy than move Olsson into left wing, although can see the merits of Garrido and Olsson on the left. Whittaker for Martin seem obvious, especially in a game where Norwich will be on the front foot mostly.

If Norwich choose to go with two strikers I''d still rather it be Elmander and Hooper - Hooper and Becchio are pretty similar style players and I can''t see them offering each other much in the way of support.

To be honest, we''re now at the unfortunate stage of swapping poorly performing players for players that have already been poor and have lost their places. Ie Garrido, Whittaker, Bassong. All these 3 have had some stinkers, and now Turner and Martin have been poor, they''re our only replacements.

Personally, I think Martin is poor at RB but a better CB than Turner. So at the moment I would play Whittaker at RB, Bennet & Martin CB, and Olsson LB. Olsson just offers so much more than Garrido.

Its odd, Turners been our best and most consistent defender under Hughton yet every time we lose someone seems to want him dropped. I understand he isn''t a fantastic ball playing defender but anyone with basic football knowledge should see he generally does a good job for us week in week out?

[quote user="MancCanary"] Personally, I think Martin is poor at RB but a better CB than Turner.

So at the moment I would play Whittaker at RB, Bennet & Martin CB, and Olsson LB. Olsson just offers so much more than Garrido.[/quote]

Really?

Over the last 2 seasons I think turner has bed consistantly the best by quite a long way. He had an awful start but after that has looked really solid. He''s not technically great on the ball and I think that''s why people doubt him but his defensive quality shows far more than he gets credit for.

We need to be ambitious tomorrow at home against the worst team in the league. Playing 2 left backs isn''t the answer, we need Murphy or Hoolahan starting not Garrido.