Sign in to follow this  
Juggy

It goes deeper than Becchio doesn't it.

Hughton has always had his preferred 15 or 16 and everybody else is destined to become unfit deadwood.

It is poor management not to have even explained the role that a player has in the squad, even if it were just to say "look you aren''t going to get games".

If Becchio is fined he should sue. He is unhappy because clearly he hasn''t been told that he is surplus to requirements, he has found out through an AGM. The PFA will back Becchio to the hilt if the club try and fine him for that, I hope Becchio tells them to shove their fine up their backside.

If Becchio feels like that then perhaps Whittaker feels like that. Perhaps Hoolahan feels like that. We already know that Fox wasn''t happy.

Michael Spillane said that Lambert is the best manager he has ever worked with, Matty Gill said similar - both of those players were nowhere near the first team for most of our League One season. This isn''t a simple case of a frustrated player, this is a player who feels like he has been left in limbo by a dishonest management team who clearly haven''t ever sat down with him to talk about his role and his future.

We already know that Calderwood had poor man-management skills at Nottingham Forest.

The club roles out Snodgrass and Martin to face the cameras whenever the chips are down, and some posters on this forum take that to be a show of unity.

I thought we would move on from this I really did. Last season it was the same, 15 players in with the manager, the rest cast on the scrapheap. Only this year the complete failure to manage and motivate a squad will be our undoing - because this year we have an injury crisis.

Lambert used to say that the players who weren''t in the first team were just as important as those who were not, and even went as far as to thank every Norwich player for their efforts when they left, saying they had been "fantastic for me" and similar platitudes.

He did it for McVeigh, Gill, even Spillane got a thanks. Drury got treated like a king at the end by Lambert. Michael Nelson turned up for the Celtic testimonial and left a few hours after the game having had Lambert phone the Kilmarnock manager to win him a contract.

Hughton discards players without any care at all for their happiness, without any consideration at all to the possibility that he may need to use fit and motivated squad players at some stage.

How many more unhappy players do we need before we see the wood through the trees? Parting shots are becoming the norm. Lambert never got those here.

"Mr Nice Guy". Becchio found out his squad status through an AGM, that is Mr. Stab You In The Back.

Get this useless clown out now.

Another giant step into the Hughton out camp for me. I''d have more sympathy for Hughton if we were doing well or had £100 million to spend, but we don''t. I was actually excited to see what Becchio could do this season but he''s not even had a moment of premier league football to show it.

Training is different to actual matches and one of Becchio''s best qualities is like Grant Holt''s, an ability to produce when it matters. The amount of times i used to watch Leeds win a stuffy 1-0 or 2-1 because Becchio had bundled them in a goal was untrue!

It may not work but i do feel he may have made a difference several times this year, away at Hull and at home to Villa being two prime examples.

100 per cent agree Juge.

This is yet another suspicion of Hughtons and lack of man management skills. In fact it stinks of weak management.

I should add that Calderwood had a terrible reputation at Hibs and confirmed by the chairmans comments in the local press having sacked him

It is interesting that players are starting to have a pop.

much is made of Becchio but don''t forget the article last week where Hooper made it clear he wanted to play up front as part of a 2.

whilst not exactly confrontational it is clear that he is questioning the managers tactics.

I just can''t believe they''re still in a job! There is nothing positive about Hughtons management. We can''t attack, defend, pass, press teams, keep our shape and haven''t improved even a little bit since QPR at home at the start of last season. He can''t utilise forwards, he has the team playing well below their capabilities.

The championship defenders that were good enough under gung ho Lambert were disastrous under a supposed defensive coach like Hughton. Infact not one player has improved under his coaching, most have gotten far, far worse.

He freezes players out, the team has no confidence under him or with his tactics, so many opposition fans claim we''re the poorest footballing side they''ve seen all year and we seem to get absolutly shafted and embarrassed by the big teams more than any other club...I could go on and on

Yet so many overly sentimental old ostriches on here just bury their heads in the sand, putting the interests of one man ahead of the club, so desperate for Hughton to suddenly become a good manager. EVEN waiting until we''re cut adrift before considering a change. It''s completely mad.

Last year Reading and QPR were shocking and were doomed from the start and after losing so many players, the quality of the league getting a bit better and with them just surviving every year it was always going to be Wigans turn to go down as well. We achieved a very lucky 11th place finish last year with two easy fixtures so please stop quoting that finish. Not to mention the football was possibly the worst the Premiership has ever seen.

He should have gone after the City defeat.

For such a ''nice guy'' Hughton is very easy to dislike. Poor, poor manager. Football is a squad game, so what does he do? Destroys morale in the back up squad.

Reminds me of my mortgage advisor on my deal i''m trying to sort atm that has been going on over 6 months now! All polite and that but completely keeps me out of the loop and never gets back to me about anything despite numerous faulse promises of deadlines as he''s not capable of handling his workload due to his obvious inexperience and lack of assertiveness. I don''t think it''s personal, but it''s goddam annoying and might just have lost him business.

In the same way, i don''t think it''s personal when Hughton leaves Becchio out but he''s not brave enough to make a decision either way and now doing nothing has proven not to be the right answer. I don''t think he knows what he wants to do with Becchio and he''s too afraid to gamble.

I''d rather have a manager in there who isn''t afraid to act on instinct and isn''t afraid to make changes when things aren''t going to plan. Hughton just doesn''t seem to have the balls to do this. I do think Lambert is a tad too reckless, not to Iain Holloway or Di Canio levels, but at least he isn''t afraid to put his reputation on the line with bold changes like the one Lambert did on Monday that got Villa a point.

No doubt if that had been Hughton, we''d have lost 3-0 as he''d have just left it how it is until 85 minutes and sulked before admitting WBA are too strong and must be respected.

For all the positives Hughtons measured approach brings (like the Stoke 1-0) there are way too many negatives.

Player contentment can be a factor in whether a manager continues or not, especially if it affects team spirit and confidence. It can''t be good for squad morale if players are unhappy or leaving under a cloud, but many on here seem to explain away these concerns as a player not being good enough or being a prima donna etc. Any rumours on the subject tend to get dismissed as idle speculation.

My biggest concern of this situation is that the club will let the wrong one leave first (Becchio in january, rather then Hughton in november)

I see it as typical of what happens at many clubs and has happened for years. Its ineveitable that unless the Manager is playing a full squad rotation system (which even then ends up with grumpy players) that you will end up with a few unhappy players, some who the fans would perhaps like to see in the team, THATS WHAT HAPPENS and you can guarantee that PL had some disgruntled players too, thats what happens.   

Becchio isnt playing because he isnt good enough...is he really better than RVW, Hooper and Elmander?? REALLY???his time may well come, but not yet.its got nothing to do with Hughton "Liking" him.. its for footballing reasonsif Becchio leaves it wont be to another Premiership club.. that''s got nothing to do with him not playing, its to do with him not being up to the standard.

100% agree with this. If Hughton had pulled up trees then, discarding people like Becchio in such a cavalier manner would have been understandable, if not forgiveable.

But, he hasn''t, and imho never will . Disgraceful.

How do you know he isn''t good enough jas? He hasn''t been given a chance to show what he can do has he? By your reasoning are any of our forwards good enough because I havn''t seen anything from any of them that suggests they are, and they havn''t been putting in performances that should be stopping a player eager to get a chance to get it.

I wish I had a spy in the dressing room so I could hear all about this behind the scenes stuff. You may be right, I don''t know but as sure as eggs are eggs most of what you''ve written is pure speculation. Players who aren''t getting a game are unhappy, so whats new? Becchio is our 4th choice striker, some may disagree with that but it seems about right to me. Hoolahan and Fox aren''t best pleased, again, so what? It''s part and parcel of being a professional footballer. It''s a 25 man squad so there''s a lot who all think they should be in the team.Chris Hughton is paid to do a job and I''m sure he knows the consequences of failure. It goes with being a football manager. They usually get shown the door when things go tits up and some even get shown the door when things seem to be running smoothly. Speculating on half truths and Chinese whispers is a pointless exercise. The results will decide his fate and in my estimation we are nowhere near the tipping point yet. Things can and do, change quickly in football and Saturdays result could be a major influence either way. Personally I still expect him to be here in the New Year.

Fourth choice striker doesn''t play when any of first, second or third choice are fit.

Shocker.

Read all about it!!!!!!!!!!!!

If if was Rooney on the England bench while chuff like Rodriguez played, he''d have a point. As it is, he''s behind RVW, Hooper and Elmander, just like he was told in the summer.

There''s no story here apart from the "usual suspects" (LOL) using it as another twig to try and beat the manager with.

Hughton went to an AGM and pretty much told the attendees that Becchio was fourth choice because he is fourth best.

Becchio has pretty much said that he hadn''t been told that, and was refused a move in the summer.

Becchio gets criticised by Hughton for going public with his concerns. Hughton feels it appropriate to tell the whole world that he doesn''t rate Becchio at an AGM.

I''m with Becchio, he has been treated disgracefully.

[quote user="Le Juge"]

"Mr Nice Guy". Becchio found out his squad status through an AGM, that is Mr. Stab You In The Back. .[/quote]

Really?I would have thought even the dumbest player on earth would have realised where he stood in the pecking order long before the AGM

[quote user="Le Juge"]You are blind Ricardo.[/quote]I may have to wear glasses but that doesn''t stop me being able to see that there are two sides to any argument.

Lambert never seemed to have any trouble keeping his squad players happy and motivated.

Spillane, Gill, Martin, and numerous others have said that he was the best manager they have worked under.

Morison, Holt, Fox, Tierney, and now Becchio have publicly spoken out against the manager with no praise.

Dozens of players left under Lambert, did we ever hear them say a bad word?

What makes this one so much worse is that this is actually a Hughton signing. He signed him, not Lambert but Hughton. He signed him almost a year ago and he has started 2 games. Refused a move after two starts, he has had 14 minutes of football this season. Sorry but it is disgraceful the way they have treated him.

Similar with David Fox, Hughton gave him a two year contract. Remember that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Becchio isnt playing because he isnt good enough...is he really better than RVW, Hooper and Elmander?? REALLY???his time may well come, but not yet.its got nothing to do with Hughton "Liking" him.. its for footballing reasonsif Becchio leaves it wont be to another Premiership club.. that''s got nothing to do with him not playing, its to do with him not being up to the standard.

[/quote]

The more I read your posts ....the more you convince me that not only have you never been to carrow road , but I don''t think you even watch the games we play ! How can you say Becchio isn''t good enough ??? Read the other posts !!! It might give you a clue !!

You make me laugh Jugs.

Becchio only ever ended up here as a facilitation of the move to get Morison out.

Matty Gill and Micky Spillane said that Lambert was "The Greatest" really?

Some commendation that....

What do you think of Ian Culverhouse as a coach?

Oh dear, not Lambert again. I think most of us are agreed on his status in the NCFC Hall of Fame but that time is gone. To quote one of his famous phrases "we move on and we go again". What a shame so many of you can''t do the same.I repeat, none of this is in your hands and despite protests, petitions and Smudger-like one man boycotts it the results that will decide Chris Hughtons future and that''s exactly how it should be.