Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Ok someone has to do it....

....to redress the balance.  Lets have a petition to keep Hughton in.   He takes on a team on the bounce from a legend,  addresses the leaky defence, takes us on to the second best run in Europe, beats ManU, Arsenal,  Man City and Tottenham, takes us to our best position in the league for twenty odd years, recruits some excellent players  who came here specifically because of him,  starts the second season buying some more excellent players, has a mixed start, but with evidence of increased attacking potential in some matches and three goals scored in the last home match, putting us within one win of mid-table.   

Can you dispute any of that?   I know things aren''t great,  but win or lose on Saturday the above record stands up.   We are not yet the fluent footballing team Hughton would like, but sometimes you have to be strong and ride the storm and I''d rather have Hughton than anyone new coming in.  

Petition link here :  www.wiz''s.nonexistent.petition.sucks.com

I''ll dispute that he hasn''t sorted out the leaky defence and we have evidence of that in our goals against stat. Also I don''t want to see potential evidence of attacking football, I want to see some attacking football from the off and it not being just ''potential''. Also not just at the end of the second half.

I stopped reading when you said he has sorted out the leaky defence. You are completely deluded if you believe that.

Packing the team with more defensive players and completely destroying the teams attacking ability is not improving a leaky defense. Lamberts defense full of championship players, playing an extremely high line with no real defensive midfield cover was only slightly worse despite him apparently being a poor defensive manager and Hughton apparently being a good one. Even if we try to just play balanced football with only one DM under Hughton we look a shambles. He does not know how to organize a defense

[quote user="JF"]I stopped reading when you said he has sorted out the leaky defence. You are completely deluded if you believe that.[/quote]

Err...if you look I was talking about last season.   I''m just trying to present the opposing argument to all the Hughton out stuff.   Its well over the top and become a bandwagon devoid of any balance.   

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]These headlines are good. You are a very brave man LDC and I agree with most of what you have said.[/quote]

Mark, posters have me wrong, I''ve always wanted Hughton to succeed, because if he does well City survive, but here''s the rub mate, I believe its quite beyond him now, hence my ''out'' stance.

Sorry Wiz, but you were calling for his head after the Fulham mauling. That is why I get annoyed with you. There was never any chance for Hughton from the start.

Sorry LDC for veering off topic.

[quote user="Herman "]Sorry Wiz, but you were calling for his head after the Fulham mauling. That is why I get annoyed with you. There was never any chance for Hughton from the start. Sorry LDC for veering off topic.[/quote]

Not quite true Herman, during the 10 game unbeaten run he gave me hope and I said so.

I was roundly castigated in some quarters for starting a thread asking a perfectly simple question as to whether people thought CH would survive a defeat on Sat.

I know that it''s tongue in cheek, Lakey, and you are basically a good sort of bloke, but do we really need another petition thread ?

But those 4 are disagreeing with Wiz...if I suddenly found like minded people included Wiz and Smudger, I''d reconsider my position. Not because they''re definitely wrong but because they''ve been SOOOOOOO wrong in the past and so polarized to my own views.

Still, that MacNamee was some player.

For me it''s not a question of Hughton in or Hughton out, but rather one of what''s best for the future of the club. Clearly the Board feel that Hughton is the right man to do that or he would be gone by now. What happens now will be determined by performances and results, not by some emotional outbursts on this or any other messageboard. Palace will be the next test, but any decision made will be made in the interest of the club, and I am happy with that.

Wiz, what on Earth has happened? You''ve stopped abusing Hughton as if he were the Antichrist & adopting the (perfectly reasonable) position that he''a not a good enough manager.

That''s fine. That''s not just me being self-appointed forum police or anything, it''s just civilised, it''s sane.

It''s no fun being so consumed with hatred & bitterness; very few people set out to fail in their career, but sometimes they just can''t hack it for one reason or another. I would never hold their failure at NCFC against Peter Grant, Bryan Gunn - or even Roeder - as human beings.

Far better to criticise Hughton over his managerial failures - there''s plenty of ammunition out there after all!

I''ve come to the conclusion your in ipsh1t fan L.D.C, anyone who wants who-ton in charge still can''t honestly want what''s best for this club. "Fixed the leaky defence" do shut up you pillock everyday you just talk more 5hite, by the bucket load at that.enjoy Portman road this season and next time you go on opposition fans boards. Try getting the facts right whilst pretending to be "one of them"............ now F**K OFF. that be all

Let''s check the table. Twelve games in and sixteenth position, one win off the eleventh placed team.

Would I take that at the end of the season? I would hope for better but not disappointed, given the league in which we play. So yes I would take it.

Would I want this manager sacked for finishing in sixteenth. Nope, the best we can ever hope for is somewhere between 11-17th. Wanting more is unreasonable. Hoping for more, sure that''s why we follow the game.

I think every poster (well almost every poster) will read the post from PLMT and despair, this is totally unacceptable and I suggest that an apology to LDC is due. This board reflects both sides of any argument and when looking at the CH situation the views are as broad as LDC on one side, who many agree with and Wiz on the other side who also reflects the views of other posters albeit in a colourful way, lets just accept the views and opinions of each other without being insulting and abusive.

Couldn''t agree more, Mark. Though I do not agree with Lakey''s opinion, he''s a decent sort of chap, and I respect his view and modus operanda. He also tries to see the bigger picture.

However, you single out PLMT and Wiz for criticism, but I have to say that there are one or two others (particularly one of the leaing lights of the Hughton In campaign,) who are not as broad minded, and when people on here quote facts that do not fit into their very narrow pov, start to lash out and dish out the names/ insults.

In essence , what I''m saying is that I agree there is no place for this kind of stuff, but let''s not be too selectiive in who the culprits are ?

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Herman "]Sorry Wiz, but you were calling for his head after the Fulham mauling. That is why I get annoyed with you. There was never any chance for Hughton from the start. Sorry LDC for veering off topic.[/quote]

Not quite true Herman, during the 10 game unbeaten run he gave me hope and I said so.

[/quote] We didn''t immediately start on the 10 match unbeaten though did we, you hated him from the start. I believe you wanted holloway if i''m correct

LDC, why do you need a petition to keep someone in a job they already have unless they are performing very badly and are in real danger of losing it? Could it be that you actually realise that Hughton this season is a very poor manager and we are in real danger of relegation?

[quote user="Brightside"]LDC, why do you need a petition to keep someone in a job they already have unless they are performing very badly and are in real danger of losing it? Could it be that you actually realise that Hughton this season is a very poor manager and we are in real danger of relegation? [/quote] what do you mean ''this season hughton is a very poor manager'' that doesn''t make any sense, although you want hughtn out which doesn''t make sense in the first place

"Hughton, this season is a very poor manager" - By that I mean - this season Hughton has been a very poor manager.

Clear enough for you now Miggins?