Sign in to follow this  
stoke canary

Back !!!

As long as Wed plays on the right, it shouldn''t be too bad. Wes struggles to play as an orthodox wide player, but he''ll have plenty of licence to drift inside on to his stronger foot if he''s on the right wing. 

I hope this means that Bassong is closer to full fitness, as he was a liability before losing his place. A fit Bassong would make a huge difference.

Good to see Wes back, but hope Hughton is going to try and play some sort of narrow system rather than sticking him out wide. 4-3-2-1 or something.

It doesn''t have to be Elmander on the wing, as Olsson can play left wing - and Murphy and Redmond can play right wing.

So if Wes is on the wing it is out of choice, not necessity.

This is a Wes type of game and one where he an actually influence. his impact will be minimal this season but this is one of the games he CAN turn for us.

Hope you''re right Jas. Still one of my favourites & capable of turning a game.

Hope he''s allowed to drift around/swap positions with the rest of the midfield.

I would imagine Hoolahan will be told to start as a "winger" but drift in a lot and basically have free licence. Redmond will be the only out and out winger "hugging the touchline" if you will.

Have I missed something with Turner? Injured or just prefer to drop him than Bennett to facilitate Bassong''s return?