Sign in to follow this  
funny old game

Pulis Effect

In September I raised the possibility of Pulis taking over as norwich''s next manager, not a move that attracted much support, he wouldn''t be my ideal choice either but in our position his style of football would certainly help our lonely single striker, get the ball into the final third as quick as possible may not allow a free flowing entertainment but compared to the current tip toe through a minefield type of football that''s on offer I know which I''d prefer, today will go a long way to proving who is right! I sincerely hope I am proved wrong. OTBC

Pulis would have been an awful choice because fans don''t appreciate his style. He done wonders for Stoke but they still wanted him gone and it would have happened here very fast.

Also I don''t see how today will prove you''re right or wrong?

I''d hate to have Pulis as manager. Today''s game won''t make any difference to that view.

A new manager often brings a short term improvement, just look at Sunderland last year. It doesn''t tell you the manager is right long term. So it is a bad time to be playing them

Bump this.

If he can''t eke out a draw or win against a Norwich team low on confidence, points and first-choice players, in his first game as manager, then Pulis is hardly a messiah.

This was on the back of 4 points in their previous 3 games under a caretaker manager, versus the 3 we''d managed with our allegedly hapless boss.

Hooper would have had a field day playing for Palace today though, they were only a good striker short of those tactics working.

Yes, I agree they played OK, as you might expect with the new manager and fighting for their lives. We were barely holding them at bay in the second half at times.

Nevertheless, by no means an ''unfair'' result.

Also, they were entitled to make bids for our strikers around the time we purchased them. (Is that facetious? it sounds it a bit!)

Le judge, that is the point I have been trying to put across, whilst in no way a fan of Pulis or his style of play the fact remains that both Hooper & RVW love to play of the shoulder of last defender utilising space behind, currently our build up is so slow that they have no space in which to work,

Hooper in particular would do well in a Pulis team.

He is basically a far greater version of Jonathan Walters.

Elmander would be his Crouch or Kenwyn Jones.

Not so sure about Van Wolfswinkel though, and I don''t think Pulis would use Stoke either.

We also lack a ball playing centre mid (his Charlie Adam), not sure I''d agree that Pulis would have been the right man for our squad overall...

.... But I do think he would enjoy Hooper and Elmander.

Sorry.... "and I don''t think Pulis would use Hoolahan either".

I''m not convinced that Pulis would have been the right man for us really.

Bradley Johnson would be well up his street, and Howson and Hoolahan wouldn''t...... just think that Norwich fans like to see us trying to play a nice passing game rather than route 1.

But I can at least agree that Hooper is the perfect Pulis player. He won''t keep Palace up, they won''t have enough points in time for him to bring in players to suit his system.