Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

100th bechio thread however....

[quote user="he likes paella "]I for one will be singing his name if he makes the bench and he always acknowledges our support - he did when he played vs bury.

Will Hughton give in under fans pressure? No, he still won''t get a second on the pitch.[/quote]Good. Right or wrong, he shouldn''t be managing the team by what people in the crowd thinks he should do.I''m glad he''s not the type of guy to ''give in'' to what fans think.

Thats really nice of you to sing his name, I am sure he will appreciate that. While you are at it, can you also sing my name as I am having a bit of a tough time at work at present and I promise to acknowledge your support........ 

I seem to recall fan power working a The Valley back in early 2009 in the FA Cup with Arturo Lupoli.  Five minutes after he came on we''d equalised with Arturo scoring the goal and if I recall correctly he was one of the first to remind good old Glenn who had scored.

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]Thats really nice of you to sing his name, I am sure he will appreciate that. While you are at it, can you also sing my name as I am having a bit of a tough time at work at present and I promise to acknowledge your support........ [/quote]

This made me smile, thanks Mark .[Y]

[quote user="The ghost of Michael Theoklitos"][quote user="he likes paella "]I for one will be singing his name if he makes the bench and he always acknowledges our support - he did when he played vs bury.

Will Hughton give in under fans pressure? No, he still won''t get a second on the pitch.[/quote]Good. Right or wrong, he shouldn''t be managing the team by what people in the crowd thinks he should do.I''m glad he''s not the type of guy to ''give in'' to what fans think.[/quote]Just to second this point, which jumped out at me when I read the OP. What kind of manager gives in to fans'' pressure? If our opinions are that important, why have a manager at all? Why not just have a poll leading up to the match to decide who gets to play, what formation, which tactics, and what plans B-Z would be? We can then have polls at regular intervals throughout the match (perhaps using ''poll everywhere'' or something similar) to determine what time subs are made, who gets to come on, who makes way, any changes in formation and what the new tactics should be. There are so many experts who have all the answers amongst that fanbase that surely this approach couldn''t fail (!)

Ah; reading the OP back I suspect the idea is just that the fans determine who gets to play (mustn''t trust us with tactics and such nonsense). This is clearly a far more reasonable proposition than I had originally thought, because we fans are clearly far more informed about the relative merits of the playing staff than the personnel at the Club, spending so much more time with them than the latter as we do.

Ooh; please remove one ''clearly'' from the last sentence. Whichever one you like. Go on; you choose. Perhaps we can consult the fans to decide which one. I promise to bow to their pressure.

My thoughts are below:

We sing for Becchio,

But Hughton don’t want to know,

We don’t need another draw,

Luciano’s gonna score.

Let’s be avin Becchio,

Luciano Becchio,

Show us what you can do,

Hughton ain’t got a clue.

We need our Becchio,

It’s too soon for him to go,

The gaffer just takes the P**s,

That’s why he’s called Clueless Chris.

We sing for Becchio,

But Hughton don’t want to know,

We don’t need another draw,

Luciano’s gonna score.

If Becchio does play tomorrow it will be another example of weak management and Hoot trying to save his skin, just like taking Tettey off at Arsenal because he clearly felt he had to be seen to make an attacking sub and also like going 4-4-2 against West Ham which again nearly backfired on him spectacularly.

If Becchio plays tomorrow then Fox, Whittaker etc. will all be in the papers arguing for a place in the starting line up.  There''s no way Becchio can get any game time unless Hooper and Elmander both fall down a flight of stairs or have a bizarre gardening accident.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]If Becchio plays tomorrow then Fox, Whittaker etc. will all be in the papers arguing for a place in the starting line up.  There''s no way Becchio can get any game time unless Hooper and Elmander both fall down a flight of stairs or have a bizarre gardening accident.[/quote]"injured in training"Becchio: Sorry Gary, I went for the ball, honest...