Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Utterly, utterly, awful!

We didn''t sit back and soak up the pressure.

When we got the ball we didn''t back it up with quality passes to our own players, so that invited pressure for a while. Once we sorted that out we got a grip on the game again.

Deserved win, and even a Palace fan who sat in front of me, said so!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Mister Chops"]Always interesting when your team win and the message board fills up with disappointment.[/quote]we could win the Champions League and they''d still bloody moan![/quote]

Wahahahhahahaha we bearly beat the worst team in the prem so I don''t think there''s much danger of getting anywhere near europe full stop under that chessboard headed TW@T

Whilst I don''t think it was a very good performance, ''Utterly, utterly awful'' is a bit harsh. However Bassong''s decision to try and head it back to his goalkeeper from the almost the half-way line...

We played better than them first half, and took our chance when it came.

They improved scone half and we saw them off, without ever looking particularly troubled.

I''m not sure why this is surprising to anyone. We played a proper 442 today, so were always bound to give up a fair bit of possession in midfield after the half time rocket up their @rses.

People call for a 442, but forget the practicalities of playing like that. Especially with several first team players out.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]We were so "awful" that Palace had just 3 decent shots all game and scored none[/quote]
Out of all the statistics to use, that''s probably the worst.
Considering we had 10 shots to their 13, and we both had 3 on target. So, we''re about on par with bottom-of-the-league on that front.

If you bear in mind their most recent results, 0-0 v Everton (currently 4th) and 1-0 at Hull, I don''t think today''s result was too bad. We were good first half, not so good second half, but rarely looked in any particular trouble. Where their 13 shots came from, I''ve no idea, but only 3 were on target - neither keeper had too much to do.

With hapless hughton and pulis facing off against each other the phrase two negatives don''t make a positive couldn''t be more appropriate.

We made a poor palace look like Barca in the second half

Hughton out

[quote user="Canary from waveney valley"]With hapless hughton and pulis facing off against each other the phrase two negatives don''t make a positive couldn''t be more appropriate.

We made a poor palace look like Barca in the second half

Hughton out[/quote]

Really? What game were you watching?

[quote user="Houston Canary"]PJF, all of your reasons would make sense if we kicked off that way, but we controlled the first half and then suddenly handed control over coming down the tunnel at the start oc the 2nd half.[/quote]I would actually argue that you can put more pressure on yourself by going into half time in the lead and after playing so well. All you can think of is the ways you can f**k it up and what might happen if you f**it up. Sides low on confidence tend to focus more on their ability to f**k it up, whilst more confident sides never even consider the possibility of  f**king it up. Palace had an early chance, the players suddenly thought they might mess this up and could never regain the composure the showed in the first half.