Sign in to follow this  
Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . .

Utterly, utterly, awful!

What Hughton and his coaching staff have done to our attacking play is criminal. Completely and utterly devoid of ideas and belief. I''m a sure a fortunate, scrappy win against possibly the worst prem team in history will be enough to keep the permanently deluded happy. But how anyone can genuinely believe hughton is the man to take us forward watching these peformances week in, week out is beyond me. We are so poor it''s frightening.

[quote user="Tony Cottee Woz Ere . . ."]What Hughton and his coaching staff have done to our attacking play is criminal. Completely and utterly devoid of ideas and belief. I''m a sure a fortunate, scrappy win against possibly the worst prem team in history will be enough to keep the permanently deluded happy. But how anyone can genuinely believe hughton is the man to take us forward watching these peformances week in, week out is beyond me. We are so poor it''s frightening.[/quote]you made it back from the Valley pretty quick this afternoon.

I don''t know, we looked very decent in the first half as we pushed for the goal. We could''ve had about three if you factor in the Elmander and Hoolahan chance. The second half wasn''t some tactical plan by Hughton, IMO. It''s just something that sides low on confidence (as Norwich are) tend to do, they try and defend their lead rather than push for more. 

Thought it was ok today, didnt do anything wrong, attacking a lot more effective. Crystal Palace may punch above their weight for a few games with a new manager, so job done. We certainly weren''t awful. If you forget we were playing Palace (and the raised expectations this brings) then we played well against another Premier League team today. Hoping that it might have been a bit more one-sided when its Palace is only natural, but everyone did their job today. Nothing to grumble about today from me

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Always interesting when your team win and the message board fills up with disappointment.[/quote]we could win the Champions League and they''d still bloody moan!

we were very good in the first half going forward, pressed high up the pitch and looked like we could have had 1 or 2 moresadly the second half was rubbish, which wouldnt have been so bad if it wasnt against the worst team in the league

Why would we lack confidence after controlling the first half?

The half time talk seems to have been to sit on the lead and hope for a lucky break. That''s exactly how the second half was played. It worked but it seems an unsafe approach for a 1 goal lead.

This was always going to be a tough game. They had a new manager so were always going to have a lift, had got a win last week and this was a game they would have seen as a opportunity for points compared to one of the bigger teams. Not to mention the pressure on us and our manager, it was a get the 3 points however they come today for me for what was a must win game.

Don''t think we decided to sit on the lead, it''s just that Palace came at us right from the off and it took some time to take the wind out of their sails. It wasn''t a brilliant performance by any stretch of the imagination but when you''re scrapping against other teams down the bottom I think the 3 points are what counts most.

Martin Jol when being interviewed said He was more concerned about getting a result than a performance!! Well Norwich got a result Let''s hope we get a few more Results !! OTBC

"PurpleCanary"This has to count as THE perfect result. Three points and ammunition for the Hughton Inners and the Hughton Outers...

Haha, I think you may have hit the nail on the head.

Given the amount of injuries we have it was a good result.

Terrible game though and thought we let palace look half decent.

My heads a shed thinking about it all. I like hoots but if we can''t put in a better performance against this shower then im starting to have my doubts about him now.

I think we are in for two beatings now so lets see if they can grind out a few bonus points.......

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Why would we lack confidence after controlling the first half?

The half time talk seems to have been to sit on the lead and hope for a lucky break. That''s exactly how the second half was played. It worked but it seems an unsafe approach for a 1 goal lead.[/quote]
Any number of reasons. Recent results haven''t been good, there''s alot of speculation about the managers future, many are calling Norwich a disappointment and questioning the quality of their signings and play, the fans are on edge and might turn on them if things go bad, they''re playing a must win game against relegation rivals. That enough reasons why they might be lacking in a bit of confidence?

People always seem to forget that there are two teams in a game, I should imagine that Palace had a rocket up their backsides at half time and consequently came out much more determined (to be fair they did look promising on the break in the first half) and had been told to pressure us much further up the pitch than they had been. I thought we did well to withstand the pressure and eventually regain control (marginally) and see the win out.

Nail on the head Rivvo, I thought over the 90 minutes we deserved the win and it was a decent performance under difficult circumstances and with a bit of a weakened weakened side. With all due respect, certainly not "Utterly, utterly, awaful" 

Played poorly but even with with several starters out we had more than enough to beat Palace who will certainly be relegated.I expected 3 points and we got them, job done.

Rivvo - totally agree. It''s like us against West Ham. The west ham fans must''ve been wondering what happened to their team 2nd half, but it was all due to norwich stepping it up.

So today, Palace stepped up their game and pressed us back more by being more positive. I think what can take from all this is that it is always better to get at the opposition more and attack to give you the momentum and confidence.

I''m so pleased with such a vital win against relegation rivals, but lets not kidd ourselves here, play scrappy like this against Liverpool and WBA and it''ll be embarrassing.

But as I say, a humugous 3 points today.

I think four straight defeats and Hughton is gone. I can''t see us picking anything up at Liverpool  or West Brom. In fact I think it''ll be two heavy defeats. Particularly at Liverpool. And that leaves Swansea at home and Sunderland away. Which could go either way really. But two more defeats and the Board can no longer stand by Hughton. Problem is four straight defeats will be very damaging to our season, and I can easily see it happening. Which makes me feel now is the right time to change managers. But it won''t happen.

[quote user="Phillip J Fry"]I don''t know, we looked very decent in the first half as we pushed for the goal. We could''ve had about three if you factor in the Elmander and Hoolahan chance. The second half wasn''t some tactical plan by Hughton, IMO. It''s just something that sides low on confidence (as Norwich are) tend to do, they try and defend their lead rather than push for more. [/quote]

We always always sit on leads for large periods of time on the rare occasions we get them so it probably was a Hughton plan.

Butthurt levels approaching capacity haha! Where''s that thread I made about Norwich fans being mad Norwich won hahahaha!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]It was vital we got three points today. But I agree Hughton is not the man to take us forward. I personally think getting rid him now would be a good time. We''ve got some points on the board and it gives a new manager a chance to take us forward.[/quote]

This ^

Two close run victories in a row at home that have got some points on the board, but he''s not the man for us, and will never recover the faith of the support. He also did not fill me with confidence with his decisions to sit and soak up pressure against a poor Palace team once we had got the lead, when we should have gone on to win comfortably. Lets not forget that goal difference can be worth an extra point and settling for 1-0s could cost us dearly (as could settling for 2-0 losses a la Spurs).

We won,so thats three more points!

I sit on the fence as far as Hughton is concerned, look how well the new manager at Palace got on today!

We''re now 14th in the league and I think that''s about where we will finish this season.

Palace are a poor team but factor in the new manager effect and for us to win was a good result.

At times our passing and movement was really good, however we are very inconsistent.

What do we expect over the next two games realistically? One point would be good but all I really want is for us to put in a decent performance and have a chance of a result up to the 90th minute!!!

OTBC

[quote user="Buh"]Butthurt levels approaching capacity haha! Where''s that thread I made about Norwich fans being mad Norwich won hahahaha![/quote]

I''m delighted we won but we should be expecting these victories now, plus it was hardly convincing was it? Fans have every reason to be concerned.

PJF, all of your reasons would make sense if we kicked off that way, but we controlled the first half and then suddenly handed control over coming down the tunnel at the start oc the 2nd half.

Without being fantastic i thought we controlled the first half of the game - and looked comfortable, and deserved the lead.

Palace came at us second half and we did sit off them a bit too much - certainly gave crap strikers like Chamack and Jerome too much time to take a long ball down and spread the play. That was frustrating.

But as has been said - players were probably quite edgy at that point with only a 1-0 lead.

All we can do is take this result as it is - 3 expected, but good points. And we''re up to 14th. Which, considering how poor we''ve been all season - isn''t a bad position to be in!

[quote user="Liquidator"][quote user="Buh"]Butthurt levels approaching capacity haha! Where''s that thread I made about Norwich fans being mad Norwich won hahahaha![/quote]

I''m delighted we won but we should be expecting these victories now, plus it was hardly convincing was it? Fans have every reason to be concerned.[/quote]I''d have been concerned had we played well and lost.