Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Great result!

so, Which Palace players were "on the beach"? and which City players "ignored Hughton''s tactics"because that’s normally how it works isn’t it?Great result and we are now just 2 points off 10th. Hughton got it tactically spot on today and we are in no relegation danger this season.lets look to push on now!

Not sure 1.0 against the bottom side is a ''great'' result. But a win is a win.

But we were poorer in the second half than the first and largely our play is woeful.

We still have a lot to do to improve. I still don''t think Hughton is the guy for the job. But in fairness to him his team selection was much better this week.

[quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]And I know you''re a bit excited by the three points, but to say "we are in no relegation danger this season"!?!? Really? Really? We sure as hell will be down amongst the bottom five come the end of this season.[/quote]no we wont.. the bottom 3 will stay as is, Stoke are in Free Fall, West ham are going to finish below us. I think Cardiff still might lose Malky at some point with the odd ball who own''s the club, Ditto Hull....

To say we aren''t in a relegation fight is probably the blindest statement of the season so far. We clearly are as we were averaging less than a point a game before today, and have been near the bottom all season. I''ve realised a few things today though..

1) It isn''t going to improve under Hughton, and we shall not progress in footballing terms.

2) We may as well keep him in charge until the end of the season much to my dismay. There aren''t many better candidates, and although his football is dire and we scrape wins with the odd goal against poor opposition it could still be worse.... just.

If we finish 17th so be it, that would be an achievement again, but then I''d really want the board to take the situation by the scruff of the neck and replace Clueless with someone who can develop our play and push us on towards the top 10.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Saw bits online, not great but a scrappy 3 points at home is better than dominating a draw like vs Cardiff

And plenty of disappointed posters on here.[/quote]that’s because they are against Hughton rather than for the team, not literally, but its a psychological thing.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]And I know you''re a bit excited by the three points, but to say "we are in no relegation danger this season"!?!? Really? Really? We sure as hell will be down amongst the bottom five come the end of this season.[/quote]no we wont.. the bottom 3 will stay as is, Stoke are in Free Fall, West ham are going to finish below us. I think Cardiff still might lose Malky at some point with the odd ball who own''s the club, Ditto Hull....[/quote]

You can add Hull City Tigers to that list.

[quote user="Dr Crafty Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="yellowandgreenmachine"]And I know you''re a bit excited by the three points, but to say "we are in no relegation danger this season"!?!? Really? Really? We sure as hell will be down amongst the bottom five come the end of this season.[/quote]no we wont.. the bottom 3 will stay as is, Stoke are in Free Fall, West ham are going to finish below us. I think Cardiff still might lose Malky at some point with the odd ball who own''s the club, Ditto Hull....[/quote]

You can add Hull City Tigers to that list.[/quote]
Yeah.... ahhh... this is awkward....I hate to be THAT guy but he already said "Ditto Hull" [:P]

Jas the barclay

I have been attending for 20 years and dont live in the past im 29 years of age so have been brought up with the model footballer. Really????????

This football is dross get real

Here here anselin. Jas muppet of the barclay AKA the deluded 29year old know F**K ALL Canary.

That name would suit you too a T. Enjoy

if anybody thought today was a good match then they don''t know what good football is.

typical smash and grab 1-0 either way game. Not pretty but 3 points to us.

you will not beat the 92-93 season for pretty football. thats by far our best performance ever throughout a season. if anyone witnessed it you''d agree with me.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Its Character Forming"]Saw bits online, not great but a scrappy 3 points at home is better than dominating a draw like vs Cardiff

And plenty of disappointed posters on here.[/quote]that’s because they are against Hughton rather than for the team, not literally, but its a psychological thing.[/quote]
No it int.
Some fans put a decent game of football first.  Some don''t give a **** as long as they win.
I''m not saying which is right or which is wrong.  It''s how it is.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]so, Which Palace players were "on the beach"? and which City players "ignored Hughton''s tactics"

because that’s normally how it works isn’t it?

Great result and we are now just 2 points off 10th. Hughton got it tactically spot on today and we are in no relegation danger this season.

lets look to push on now!
[/quote]

A little OTT for such a scrappy game jas.

Agreed Jas. great result yesterday. To beat a team so close to us in the league, with a new manager who seemed happy to sit back most of the game hoping for a 0-0 was great.

Only positive thoughts from me today. Our teams doing great, the suns shining, we''ve got a superb manager. All good.

So come on you miserable sods. What can there really be to moan about?!

Yes it was a great result. A win is always a great result in my book. However I don''t think it''s time to start happy clapping just yet.

The first half was excellent but the second half was poor and if anything Palace were lucky not to get a point. It concerns me that Hughton seemed happy with the one goal lead rather than wanting to put the game to bed by getting another.

With two away games next we could very well see us back in the bottom three this time next week. Liverpool always beat us so I''m not expecting much mid week. WBrom are a tough side and getting anything there will be a good result.