Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Your own opinion about importance in a game of football

To see if there''s any significant split in opinions over what is expected in a football match.  Set aside Hoots, Delia, the board for the sake of arguments.
What is the most important thing for you as a supporter?
A) The result, nothing else matters.
B) A good game of football and getting value for your hard earned cash.

With Norwich, the result. Every time.

But that isn''t going to stop people complaining. And clearly the way the team players is going to effect the future results. If you feel your team didn''t play well, got lucky and got the result you are quite rightfully going to be worrying about the future results if you play like that again.

Three points. Most important. It makes it easier to moan about the quality of the football.

It''s tricky. I''ve started going to a few non Norwich games and so I dont really care who wins- but I got in as a member of the Press for a game I went to last week so I wasnt really bothered about value for money or the result.

When I goto Norwich games ideally I''d like both aspects! Although when I make the trip to WBA next week I''d take a scrappy 1-0 win all day long.

Three points at the end of the day is what matters the most. We get three points I go home happy until the next game. An entertaining game that we lose I go home pi$$ed off

Three points. Win well feel like Barcelona, Win poorly feel like Charlie Croaker in the Italian job

"I''ve got a great idea lads!"

[quote user="John from the Tomorrow People"]Therefore if we played all out hoof ball and got results those above wouldn''t be fussed?[/quote]

Yeah, I''m sure all of those who said the result would love it if started playing the old Stoke way!

Preferably both, but if not obviously result first then performance.

Nobody wants to support the team who play well and lose, then get patronised by Linekar on MOTD by saying; ''at least they play nice football'', as they get relegated.

"John from the Tomorrow People"Therefore if we played all out hoof ball and got results those above wouldn''t be fussed?

In our current situation three points is more important than quality. If it was hoofball year on year, like Stoke, then I would change my mind.