Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Turner

Not mentioned anywhere to my knowledge. Was he dropped? Rested? Injured?

He would count himself unlucky if the first was the case IMO as he has been a rock at the centre of defence for some time now.

Having said that Bennett is looking more and more the part and Bassong was better today than of late. 

Bennett and Bassong were the two for today. I think "dropped" is something from a bygone age. I reckon Hughton just thought these two would be the best to combat Stoke today. (Yes even got the long throw man already).

We''ll call it "rested" then.

A bit of an unsung hero is our MT as even when he is not included in the starting eleven after a long ever-present spell nobody seems to either notice or think it worthy of mention.

Are you all on a windup? Other than a dozen or so games last season, Turner has been awful.

Bennett and Bassong should be our centre-half pairing going forwards, we should invest in another quality centre-half in January and then, hopefully, we''ve seen the last of Turner in a Norwich shirt.

Bennett was good to day I thought, I think he has stepped up his game a bit this year and lets hope he continues to improve. Actually to be honest i didn''t particularly notice him today, but i think that might be a good thing - Just a job well done and with the minimum of fuss. I was not worried about him in possession, he didn''t look like making a howler, and he didn''t seem to be caught out of position. Having said that, there are certainly greater tests of a defence in this league.

Bassong carried the defence as the game wore on today. It won''t be too long until he is reunited with Turner.

[quote user="GJP"]Bassong carried the defence as the game wore on today. It won''t be too long until he is reunited with Turner.[/quote]

Chugboat Turner. Think Bennett will stay in

Very gutted to see Turner ''rotated''. He was in my Fantasy team with Ruddy :( would have got 6 more points

Can''t believe anybody doesn''t rate him, one of the best centre backs we''ve had here for decades.

I am with you Jonzey and actually believe that we currently have three very good CB''s with Turner the most consistent, but I can understand if there is a bit of rotation going on, its a long season and they will each have dips of form occasionally and a rest to recharge will benefit them and the team I''m sure. 

For all the so-called ''experts'' on here who don''t rate Turner - they should take note of the professionals at the club who voted him Players Player of the Season.

I think I will agree with their judgement over the posters on here who obviously do not understand the game.

Every player has a bad game once in a while or makes a mistake but there are posters on here who appear not to be able to wait for Turner to make a mistake so that they can highlight it and condemn the player.

I agree with Nutty - "It must be a long time since we had 3 centrebacks as good as these."

[quote user="im spartacus"]talking of rotation i notice david`pirlo`fox was rotated by barnsley yesterday [:D][/quote]
Absolutely irrelevant - an odd desire to rip into one of our players. But fair enough. Whatever makes you happy.
As for Turner he has been our most consistent, best defender since Hughton took over. People criticised him last season yet he got players POTS - and for a reason. Football people know what he offers.

Bennett is quickly improving and Bassong is perfect foil for him, Turner is being overtaken by Bennett and Bassong who is clearly our best defender was back to his best yesterday.

I have to say that Bennett is quite good when he''s not got much to defend against.