Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

No more "EASY, EASY"

This idiom has previously backfired on us, most notably away at Selhurst and St. Mary''s.  It seems tiresome now - arrogant and cliched.  Imagine, not only having to suffer the pain of relegation, but also being forced to endure hoards of Fulham fans taunting us with our own conceited and unimaginative victory rhetoric.

If we go 1-0 up - No.

If we go 2-0 up - No.

If we go 10-0 up - No.

Once we win and are guaranteed another glorious year in the Premiership - Go nuts.

4-0 and I will be going nuts..... 3-0 might still be unsafe.

Lets be realistic though, Fulham aren''t a bad side and it is gonna take every effort to beat them but I have a sneaky feeling the Fulham players, officials, Al Fayed will see the mad support and enthusiasm of us all in the ground and treat us nicely

We can only hope...

It makes me cringe when i hear that chant. Fair enough, against Man Poo, it was funny only because it was ironic. Chanting it when our backs are to the wall, and we''re only just ahead or stringing a few passes together is poor show.

I''m all for it against the big guns if there''s 1 minute to go and victory is in the bag. Against less able teams, it just sounds arrogant.

Maybe a chant of ''WELL DONE FOR STAYING UP, YOU''VE PLAYED SOME DECENT FOOTBALL, NOW HOW ABOUT LETTING DEANO THROUGH FOR ANOTHER GOAL?" would be more apt.

Yes!!! the very sound of this must stir up the opposition more than any other saying. We are a wonderful supporting group and need to be a little more subtle in the chant department.

Any shout that might stir latent passion from an opponent is bound to be counter productive.  We as a group, should sort out the opposition''s weak or cocky players for direct personal verbal attacks at them, without being disrespectful, of course; be a little patronising, would have the most effect. Like, "reserves for you next season, or you fell over on purpose, silly boy!!!  There are some in our group who are capable of making some novel and choice remarks I''m sure.  Once the ball is rolling, joining in would be easy

Shout''s for our boys must be encouragement only, whatever, befalls, and completely ignore slip-up''s and mistakes.

I surprise myself in putting this forward because I find in the situation that my fair play ethics are out of the window.  If we can give our side an unfair advantage then so be it. OTBC!!!

Yeah it''s getting really boring now. Especially when Chelsea players started doing it last night to celebrate their goals.

Good Lord, I would cheer for Fulham naked as long as they let us win next Sunday!

I do think its a good idea not to piss off the Fulham fans too much as if we are winning 1-0 or drawing 1-1 (which may be enough?) they may start to "encourage" the team and manager to press more in a game which is pretty meaniningless to them.

Also another thought, from reading the press there are going to be a lot of Norwich fans in other parts of the ground so it might be prudent to be at least a little respectful.

We can intimidate them by outchanting them with lots of "On the ball City" s.

leave early - fine no problem

chanting for worthy out - acceptable

chant "easy, easy" or "shoot" and its a crime against humanity.

Sometimes the hypocrisy on this board is amazing.

Now if you want a chant to ditch, ditch the schoolboy "we''re the barclay, we''re the snakepit over ere" nonsense.

We know, now can you per chance support the team and watch the match?