Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Norwich - Palace Match thread

[quote user="Surfer"]O.K Chris, 65 minutes, Palace starting to dominate … what''s your move?….[/quote]he will do what he always doesstand on the touchline and shout JOHNNNYYY JOHHNNNYYY  before subbing wes and elmander for defenders

Am I the only one not happy with this result?Yes we''re in the lead and we''re looking to secure three points, but it''s a ''great'' performance against a team that is guaranteed to be relegated, who also had a push to get back in the game.I was honestly expecting us to impose our superiority and win by at least three goals. To me that would be making a statement.Why does it take us playing a poor team for us to look good. real confidence is built by putting in a couple of coals against a Newcastle, or Tottenham, not a floundering Palace.A win is a win is a win, but this win doesn''t instill confidence in our team. Am I honestly the only one?

" Becchio for Elmander? BJ for Hoolahan, with Howson going into the AM role? "

Well IMO I think he did a good job on the subs today .. :-)

"Am I the only one not happy with this result?"

No I''m absolutely devastated to win, I was desperate for a 1-1 draw.

Now if you want to talk about performance, or tactics....

The second half is what I expected, a side very low on confidence who know they need to win struggling to maintain their lead. It wasn''t so much a tactical decision as something that just happens, sides low on confidence tend to try and defend a lead rather than score more. We should be encouraged by the first half and a couple of attacking maneuvers in the second half. What we need to do now is build on the confidence that two home wins bring and try and hold ourselves to the standard we played in the first half. The only complaint I have is regarding Wes, I feel he should''ve been substituted earlier than he was, as he looked very tired by about the 70th minute. Apart from that, Hughton and his team did exactly what they needed to. Now we need to push on and try and consistently achieve the kind of football we played in the first half.

" Am I the only one not happy with this result? "

RESULT? Apparently, especially considering Palace, Fulham, Cardiff, and Stoke all lost today. Sunderland scraped a draw, but it was against Lambert''s Villa..

…so overall a good set of results for us today.

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"]Am I the only one not happy with this result?Yes we''re in the lead and we''re looking to secure three points, but it''s a ''great'' performance against a team that is guaranteed to be relegated, who also had a push to get back in the game.I was honestly expecting us to impose our superiority and win by at least three goals. To me that would be making a statement.Why does it take us playing a poor team for us to look good. real confidence is built by putting in a couple of coals against a Newcastle, or Tottenham, not a floundering Palace.A win is a win is a win, but this win doesn''t instill confidence in our team. Am I honestly the only one?

[/quote]3 points, a clean sheet, 4 off the drop and 2 off 10th... you''ll give yourself an ulcer you keep on like that!go have a beer and enjoy it fella.. for a few hours at least.

Sarcasm lowest form of wit Juge. But I enjoy it.

Second half was far from convincing. We could have put them to the sword, if we carried on like the first half, but they were allowed to play their way.

We are up the table which is very good.

[quote user="Man Who Stares at Goats"]Am I the only one not happy with this result?[/quote]Most Crystal Palace fans would agree.I''m not particularly inspired by the performance, but I am happy with the result.