Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Chelsea v Saints

I always find it a bit silly when people say results are better/worse because of a future result.

We play 38 games, against everyone twice. Same as every other team. There are always plenty of shock results, well deserved wins for lesser teams, lucky wins for lesser sides and the big teams. The only ''other'' results that really matter are ones like Liverpool losing before playing us, Newcastle beating two big teams before playing us. But then you don''t know how it''ll turn out anyway. We now expect Liverpool to bounce back and come out all guns blazing, what if Rodgers gets his team talk wrong? And they play like they did today again? I was half expecting Newcastle to crumble against us after two massive results. But they didn''t.

Our result against Southampton was good because it was a win. It could end up being a very key win when we stay up and if Southampton finish very high up, as you could then call it an unexpected 3 points. But then we got an unexpected 9 points from top 4 sides last season.

On another note, Southampton really are flying. Are they serious contenders for top 6? Or will Spurs and Man.U turn it all around and end up on top?

[quote user="ricardo"]Saints 1 up. Does that make our result against them look good or was it just luck.[/quote]You know how it works by now Ricardo.  If we win we were lucky.  If we fail to win but someone says we played well and were unfortunate, then that''s making excuses.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ricardo"]Saints 1 up. Does that make our result against them look good or was it just luck.[/quote]You know how it works by now Ricardo.  If we win we were lucky.  If we fail to win but someone says we played well and were unfortunate, then that''s making excuses.[/quote]So will it be a players revolt or shall we take sand, deck chairs and sun screen on Wednesday.

I have to admit that Southampton do look a decent side and are playing a full part in what is a much better game than Hull v Liverpool.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ricardo"]Saints 1 up. Does that make our result against them look good or was it just luck.[/quote]You know how it works by now Ricardo.  If we win we were lucky.  If we fail to win but someone says we played well and were unfortunate, then that''s making excuses.[/quote]A rare visit, Graham! I quit Facebook. Are you on Twitter?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="ricardo"]Saints 1 up. Does that make our result against them look good or was it just luck.[/quote]You know how it works by now Ricardo.  If we win we were lucky.  If we fail to win but someone says we played well and were unfortunate, then that''s making excuses.[/quote]A rare visit, Graham! I quit Facebook. Are you on Twitter?[/quote]Rare indeed!  I rarely visit these days let alone post.  I noticed you deleted your Facebook account which was a shame, my news feed is somewhat poorer without your music links!  Not on Twitter at the moment but am thinking about it.  I''ll let you know if/when I get round to setting up an account,.  Hope you''re keeping well.