Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Any one get their fingers burned..

.. betting on Hughton now those who backed Jol have been paid out?

Looks like SkyBet have formed a new market with Hughton favourite at 15/8. I''m not having any of that!

Interesting others are..

Mark Hughes 18/1

Steve Bruce 40/1

No manager to leave 50/1

Wouldn''t touch Brucie with a barge pole. He has a wonderful relationship with Dr Allam and is the happiest and most content he has ever been at Hull. Plus they''re solid defensively even if they are typically goalshy and will be absolutely fine. Hughes is not a bad shout, mind you- though the Stoke board don''t strike me as trigger happy.

I think 40/1 is huge for a club that could well end up bottom three. I''m not saying it will happen but what I do think is that if another manager is sacked it will be as a panic measure later in the season. The only one who may go under different circumstances would be Malky.

50/1 that everyone holds their nerve is the most attractive odds on show today. But there''s usually one...

Hull had the best result this week so I think Bruce would be a good replacement for Houghton.

Zola, Poyet, Pulis, Lambert, Meulensteen, Laudrup and Pochettino didn''t really do it this weekend, so Bruce is my new first choice.

Unless we get that Mr Bean who is manager of Gunk or someone.

How is Malky not up there?

I can see why Bruce is on there though. I have heard some crazy stuff in my days but the owner of Hull tops them.

Him: I''m going to name my team Hull Tigers, sounds mean, lots of claws and teeth and ROARR!

Fans: We''re City ''till we die!

Him: Good, hurry up and do so then!

I can see how Bruce could end up in no-man''s land between the fans and the owner. One step in the direction of the fans and he''d be gone. One step towards the owner and he''d lose the support of the fans. It will be interesting to watch from afar but I can see him quitting if he finds his position too uncomfortable to hold.

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Hull had the best result this week so I think Bruce would be a good replacement for Houghton.

Zola, Poyet, Pulis, Lambert, Meulensteen, Laudrup and Pochettino didn''t really do it this weekend, so Bruce is my new first choice.

Unless we get that Mr Bean who is manager of Gunk or someone.[/quote]If what I believe to be true comes true then Mackay will be next for the sack - unless the other rumour I''ve heard comes to pass, and then it will be Pardew.  This all depends on whether Allardyce turns it around or not which I believe he might.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Looks like SkyBet have formed a new market with Hughton favourite at 15/8. I''m not having any of that!

Interesting others are..

Mark Hughes 18/1

Steve Bruce 40/1

No manager to leave 50/1

[/quote]OT but sorry I didnt make it for our pint after the game Nutty [:$]Had a very busy saturday. GingerPele and I can definitely do after Swansea [Y]

[quote user="Warren Hill"]Hull had the best result this week so I think Bruce would be a good replacement for Houghton.

Unless we get that Mr Bean who is manager of Gunk or someone.[/quote]

Why ever would you think steve bruce would be better then hughton?

[quote user="RvWs 4 year contract"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Interesting others are..

Mark Hughes 18/1

Steve Bruce 40/1

No manager to leave 50/1

[/quote]OT but sorry I didnt make it for our pint after the game Nutty [:$]Had a very busy saturday. GingerPele and I can definitely do after Swansea [Y][/quote]

Looking forward to it! We met another poster yesterday, Snake-eyes came in after the game. He''s a top fella.